main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AotC DVD

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Master-Fett, Nov 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    in this thread please post what you think about the dvd or video . that is if you have it .

MJF, MNOYP could you keep this thread up only for tonight , im dying to hear what people from this area of the boards think .
    you could lock it in the morning or sometime , if you say no i under stand .

YJ edit: I think it's time for this discussion to move to the AOTC forum. We'd be honored if you joined us there. :)

2. StormChewieJedi

StormChewieJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

May 27, 2002
    M-F (okay that looks like something else, sorry about that :)) I think thats a good idea to keep this thread up at least for tonight...in my case, I reserved a copy of the AOTC DVD a month and a half ago (October 1st to be exact ;)) and forgot to get 24-hour shipping, so I am still waiting for my copy of the DVD :(. However, it will be here within the next two days *YAY* so I am biting through the skin on my fingers in anticipation...I CAN'T WAIT!!! As a matter of fact, the UPS truck came to the door today, and I was completely embarassed--I ran through the door, did an insanely demented happy-dance, gave the UPS guy a hug, yoinked the box, and ran inside to discover that.............IT WAS MY DAD'S FREAKING CANOLI MOLDS!!! I was so disappointed I ran upstairs to sit on my bed and sulk at the site of my neatly displayed AOTC figures on my bookshelf, longing for the sweet nectar of a rampaging Yoda. As you can probably tell by now, I NEED my AOTC DVD!!! The time just keeps passing by slower and slower...

3. Master-Fett

Sep 25, 2002
    i almost got my ep2 the night before the day i got it , so i stayed up til bout 12pm hoping it would come and when it didnt i got up at 6 in the morning to get it that day . I was that excited to get it

4. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    Since the film is now officially out on VHS and DVD I see no problem with this thread being here, plus I'm sure at least a a few people consider SW movies to be collectibles after all.... ;)

My AOTC DVD story is a sad one so far, I reserved it at TRU a few days ago, went to pick it up today, no DVDs at my local TRU. They had VHS copies a plenty, but it turns out there was some sort of shipping problem and they didn't get a single DVD copy in. Oh well, I left my name and number so they could call me when they came in, and I got a free 20 minute Spiderman phone card, but I really was looking forward to watching the film tonight... :(

5. LittleGreenMaster

LittleGreenMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 2002
    Sorry you guys had problems [face_plain]
    I went to TRU at 11:30 after class & they had No Widescreens left! :mad: I Really wanted to save $10 but I couldn't wait and bought it somewhere else. [face_blush]

I Love the DVD Because I [face_love] AOTC!! :D
    I wish there were more Deleted Scenes though [face_plain] Where's Dooku fighting Yoda with 2 Lightsabers ?[face_plain] Where's Padme giving 3PO his coverings ?[face_plain] What about Cut Space battle with assorted Jedi like Ki & Plo flying Starfighters ?[face_plain] Those would be Cool :cool:

I Really liked the Padme addressing the Senate Cut scene (Showed her Passion) & Padme's Family home scenes. :)

BTW One tip when you get AOTC DVD or Tape, Watch the Duel between Dooku & Yoda in Slow motion! ;) You think you appreciate that scene now, Just wait! [face_mischief] Yoda goes after Dooku's head A Lot, [face_laugh] I hadn't noticed that before. :D Oh & Listen Real Close at part with Anakin Slaughter & Yoda Meditating, There's more to hear. ;)

6. Master-Fett

Sep 25, 2002
    i watched the duels while i was slowly
    fastforwarding , that was sweet :D

7. _HothWampa_

_HothWampa_ Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2002
    i got my dvd!!! last night at about 11:00 after my basketball game, and only got to watch about an hour of the movie cause i had to work on a project that was due today on a poet from the 1800's, john keats.... but the picture looks amazing on the DVD!! wow!

8. Lord_Skywalker

Lord_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    Wow Hothy you researched John K.........I used to read his stuff

9. _HothWampa_

_HothWampa_ Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2002
    yes yes i did, i had to perform an in depth analysis of his life, (or lack of, he died rather young) how his misfortune and traumas during his life affected his poetry, and pick one piece of literary work to further analysize. i picked, "when i have fears that i may cease to be." it was rather good actually.

10. AnakinWisler

AnakinWisler Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    I love this DVD!!! :D It's so cool :cool: Has anyone seen the outtakes? You can access them the same as TPM. They're so much better that TPM. Only one is of R2 malfunctioning.

11. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    My favorite way to enjoy the lightsaber duel between Yoda & Dooku is by skipping that chapter entirely! [face_devil]

12. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

I ran into some trouble with my DVD. First of all, I guess theres somthing wrong with the disks, because it skips and cannot read a bunch of stuff. On top of that, I'm using a PS2. My TV is a little old, so we have to use an AV thing. That greatly reduces the picture and sound quality. Luckly, were getting a real DVD player in about a week, and I'm about to head up to wal mart to exchange clones for another one.

BTW, I got the widescreen version ;) .

-saber holder

13. LandosFolly

LandosFolly Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2002
    The AotC DVD is HELLA COOL!
    Sooooo much better than what the Spider-man DVD offered.

I picked up that new LOTR-extended DVD too... The packaging is sweet but I have yet to play a disc. AotC is #1 on my agenda.

14. Master-Fett

Sep 25, 2002
    how do you get teh outtakes ?????

15. Gunga_Din

Gunga_Din Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2002
    I got it at Toys R Us today for $10 !! Thats on DVD, widescreen. I think they are having a special. Check the TRUS near you. Be careful though, they have a full screen and a wide screen DVD. Choose wisely :)

16. -Jedi_Anakin-

-Jedi_Anakin- Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2002
    I got my AOTC video and DVD at about 3:10 after school on Tues. I watched the video 2 times because I have basketball practice like everyday for 2 hours. Well, anyway, I still didn't get to watch the DVD because my mom doesn't know I bought it and she'll get all freaked and yell at me for spending my money. Well, I get to wait until Christmas when I get a DVD player. Man, that's a long time. I never reserve or pre-order copies cause I never see any buy them and they're NEVER sold out! I wouldn't wait a few extra days or spend more money. But anyway, the movie's AWSOME!

17. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Gahh! More DVD troubles here. I exchanged my copy for another one, and this one does the same thing!!! It has to be the Playstation. I hope we get a real DVD player this weekend :( .

-saber holder

18. JEDIMASTERJAKE

JEDIMASTERJAKE Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2002
    I had to return my EP2 DVD to Wal-Mart because the deleted scenes where like watching a cheap japanese film. The voices where to going along with the movement of the mouths. When I got the new one home it too had the same problem. Must be my DVD player but the movie plays perfectly??? ?[face_plain]

19. XR73627794

XR73627794 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    I had that same problem saber_holder, my DVD skips in my PS2, but only on chapter 28, the asteroid chase. I took it back to Wal-Mart and got another one, and this one does it too, so ist tht player. It plays fine on my computer though.
    I got it for $9.96 though, Wal-Mart beat TRU's price by a whopping $0.03

20. Master-Fett

Sep 25, 2002
    HOW DO YOU GET THE OUTAKES ??????

21. shocktrooper

shocktrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2002
    Yeah guys how do you get the bloopers.
    I've tried just about every combination of 1138 has anybody got exact instructions...
    Thanx in advance...

Ps... I love so many things about this movie, so many small details to observe,and a plus is that after hearing the commentaries from GL on the Movie the love story seems a lot easier to watch.
    Pity the deleted scenes aren't the action ones like TPM disk but ohh well at least there's a cool speeder bike and other ground battle scenes in one of the docs.

22. LandosFolly

LandosFolly Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2002
    Go to the options menu and highlight the THX logo. Then, on your remote, enter 11, then 3, then 8

23. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
  24. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Alright I like my DVD,but it could be better.
    Damn I wish I bought FOTR:SE 8-} \

Jusssssssssssst Kidddin!

25. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    I don't have the money to buy it yet, so I rented the video today. And I have to day it is sweet. Especially the deleted scenes. Yes they are on the video cassette this time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.