AotC DVD

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Master-Fett, Nov 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
  1. DarthMak Force Ghost

star 5
    I got mine on the 12th like 99% of you. I went to KMart between classes on Tuesday morning to buy it and they only had the fullscreen version. I asked the guy in the electronics department about that and these were his exact words:

We didn't order widescreen because we don't like it.

Oh and it was also 19.99 despite the fact it was advertised as 14.87. I just turned in disgust and left what I now call KrapMart.

So I went to Best Buy that night and bought it in widescreen there. I swear everyone in the store had a copy in their hand. It was quite a sight. I've watched it twice, and seen all the extras on the second disc and I must say that I am very impressed. It is now my favorite DVD. I really liked how Lucas was picky about how Yoda acted in the Puppets to Pixels documentary.

I think the blooper reel is worth the fifteen bucks alone seeing Hayden fall on his face. [face_laugh]
  2. Master-Fett Force Ghost

star 6
    Shouldn't this be here?
    well i wanted something in this section and mnoyp said it was okay

3. XR73627794 Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, thats the official DVD thread for that board. This is the DVD thread for this board.
  4. JediJunkie247 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Just watching the AOTC video and needed clarification on a line. When Obi Wan is on Kamino and sending his message to the Jedi Temple, is it just me or does it sound like he said:

"R4, scramble code 5 to Courascant (sp?), care of the old folks home."

Just wanted to know if I'm hearing things.
  5. Drac39 Force Ghost

star 6
    I don`t know I heard a lot of crazy stuff in TPM.
    Ohh I might be able to find a site with the script.
  6. JediJunkie247 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I swear that's what it sounds like. I even rewound it to make sure I'm not crazy.

I could still be though. The jury's still out on that one.
  7. AnakinWisler Jedi Master

star 4
    I thought I heard that all 13 times that I saw the movies in theaters! It used the DVD remote and set it for subtitles in English, and that IS what he says. [face_laugh]
  8. JediJunkie247 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I knew it. Maybe the "old folks home" is a code name for the Jedi Temple. So is Obi-Wan saying the Jedi Council are a bunch of old fogeys?
  9. droideka27 Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Yes, this is the best DVD ever. the bloopers are SO much funnier than TPM"s, too :) I laughed out loud the enitre time I watched it. :p Poor Hayden! awww. :)

i've watched a LOT of the extra stuff but i still haven't watched the movie yet. Yet i have watched LOTR Special Edition AND the cast commentary all the wya though :) I could've watched AOTC three times instead of those :) it's ok, i'm going to watch AOTC tonight.
  10. DarthMak Force Ghost

star 5
    Personally I think that "old folks home" line was just an insult to Mace and Yoda. Obi-Wan being funny again probably.
  11. dinoX Jedi Knight

star 3
    yeah, it seemed like a mix between humor and a code obi-wan had for yoda and mace, the two oldest/wisest on the jedi council...
  12. StormChewieJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    I just have one thing to say about the AOTC DVD:

***BEST DVD EVER!!!***
  13. Master-Fett Force Ghost

star 6
    storm , that only your opinion , if you want to make it a fact about yourself liking it , you could write ...

*** EP2 IS THE BEST DVD EVER IN THE HISTORY OF FOREVER AND THE HISTORY OF OTHER THINGS TOO !!!! AND MASTER-FETT THINKS SO TOO AND EVERBODY ELSE IN THIS GALAXY ***

thats a fact ;)

14. Bandit-Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Yeah, "Old Folks Home" is the codename for the Jedi Temple, it is mentioned in the "Depth Commentary" on the DVD-Rom site. If you get a chance and have a DVD-Rom on your PC, check out the "Depth Commentary" It is awesome watching the movie and getting all the inside info that you can't normally get. There is lots of stuff they mention that I never noticed before. One thing was when Anakin and Padme are talking to Watto you see two Pit droids in the background, one of which looks like he is completely confused by a box sitting on the ground, its hilarious and lasts for almost the entire sequence. There are lots more, check it out.

May The Force Be With You!
  15. Master-Fett Force Ghost

star 6
    are those pit droids in the background of couracant , i saw them when ani and padme are diguesd as refuges . i thought they were
    "native" to tatoine ?
  16. Blackout Force Ghost

star 4
    Jeez you guys are lucky!
    $10 ? $9.97 ? That's about six and a half quid!!

Over here in Ye Olde Englande the DVD is £19-£20!! That's about $30!
    That's a standard DVD price as well! Most new titles are between £18 - £25 with 'budget' titles at about £10.
    The prices are coming down all the time but I'm not sure I'll see the day when I can pick up SW on the day of release for £7!!!

You lucky bleeders! ;)

PS: For the outtakes, I believe you go to the sound/subtitle setup page and key in 11, 03, 08 on your remote. For a DVD drive in your computer just go to Title 15. Not sure about PS2 though...

{||||| ?||} -----------------------------
  17. Bandit-Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    are those pit droids in the background of couracant , i saw them when ani and padme are diguesd as refuges . i thought they were
    "native" to tatoine ?

The droids you see on Coruscant are different models of worker droids. It actually mentions them as well in the "Depth Text Commentary" on the DVD site. I just checked it and it lists them as a couple of SP-4 worker droids.

May The Force Be With You!
  18. Frank_Palpatine TFN Video Encoder • JC Icon Artist

VIP
    star 4
    This is truly a brilliant DVD. The transfer is simply the best I've ever seen, and the sound is excellent as well. Quite the bargain for $9.99 at Toys R Us.

I've already had a lot of fun scanning the DVD for Easter Eggs (the X-wing and TIE fighters during the Coruscant chase, the shaak in the asteroid field, etc.). The extras aren't quite as good as the TPM DVD, but are still excellent. I love the movie as well, so this disc has already earned a permanent spot in my 5-disc changer's rotation.

My rating: 9.5/10.
  19. anidanami124 Force Ghost

star 6
    I think it's good. I have both the DVD and VHS. I like the deleted scenes.
  20. bru87tr Jedi Padawan

I had the same problem at kmart. all fullscreen , I mean so many! O asked the manager wheres the fullscreen and she said the same thing, we didnt order any. I said you gonna be stuck with all those fullscreen. I said that they should be ashamed not purchasing any widescreen. they even admitted that people are returning the fullscreen as they didnt realize what they bought, cant figure that out as its clearly marked on the dvd. you know...... when stores started pushing fullscreen i didnt mind and didnt understand the gripe people made in forums about it. now I understand and hate that movies are available in fullscreen. jeez I cant get the movie I want now. what are they thinking?
  21. BushiFox Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hmmm. I didn't realize people actually liked widescreen better...Maybe you guys just have a bigger t.v. screen than I do. I have a 27" t.v. and I get annoyed by widescreen because it effectively wipes out at least 1/4 of my viewing area. Annoying as heck if you ask me.

I personally prefer those dvd's that have both versions...hoping that maybe one day I'll get a big screen t.v. :)
  22. _HothWampa_ Jedi Master

star 4
    i have a wide-screen 58 inch HDTV and the DVD is great on it! of course i bought the widescreen copy! i got it for about 20 dollars at a hastings entertainment store near me... little did i know that the super-walmart near me is selling the DVD for 7.98 now.. bah.
  23. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Quick update from my last post, TRU called me the next day saying my DVD was in, so of course I jump in the car to go pick it up. When I get there I go up to the service desk and they tell me to just grab a copy from the display in the middle of the store and take it to any cashier to checkout, but when I go to the display the only had about a dozen DVD copies and they were all fullscreen. I went back to the service desk to complain, but when I got there a different person was working there and asked if I had my reserve slip. I said yes, showed the slip to her saying that I had reserved the widescreen version, so she reaches under the desk and hands me a widescreen edition of the DVD. After that it was straight to the checkout and home. :p

Man, the things I go through just to get a good deal.... ;)

Oh well, it was well worth the wait, this really is an awesome DVD! It's probably the first time I've ever watched and enjoyed all the extra little features that you get on DVD. Great stuff, if you don't have it yet pick it up now!
  24. foxbatkllr Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    BushiFox: With fullscreen everything might be bigger, but you're missing out on 1/2 of the picture. I have a 25" TV and prefer widescreen everytime so that I can see everything that's going on.
  25. AnakinWisler Jedi Master

star 4
    I've got a 13" TV in my room, and still prefer the widescreen over full! I really need/want to get a bigger TV. But at least I have surround sound. :D
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.