main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC ending

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Perceval, Dec 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perceval

Perceval Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2002
    Sorry for any mistakes in my language, I'm out of praxis - hope you'll get my point anyway ...
    I really love the ending of Ep II, Yoda's comment, the departing troops and finally the forbidden wedding. And I think the score in that scene is brilliant ! But there's one point that I don't like and I do not know whether it's just bad editing (cutting ? don't know the word ...) or JW's "mistake". When the Imperial March theme starts over for the second time we are right in the middle of a zoom towards Palpatine and the senators ... of course it makes sense to see him when that music is played but that time it's played so intensely and dramatically that it would better fit to some cut.
    Hmmmm.... got my point ? :/ I hope so ;)

2. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Your language is fine. :)

I think the edit is fine as it is, I didn't mind the cue starting in mid-shot.

Rick McCallum loves you!

3. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    I would rather have a cue that flowed musically than one that was cut or abbreviated to fit a cut. I know what you mean, but I like the way the cue flows.

4. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "Sorry for any mistakes in my language, I'm out of praxis..."

[face_laugh] That is funny for all the wrong reasons.

5. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I don't think every single nuance and change in the music has to indicate or coordinate with something on screen. This piece works perfectly with the visuals. I think George once again was right to ask Williams for this new piece rather than what he had...as was the case in 1977 with Binary Sunset.

6. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    "Dawn of the Empire" is one of my favorite musical scenes. :)

The fact that we are zooming in on Palpy as the IM kicks in again just emphasizes the fact that he is the man.

OMG!!1!1!!! PALPY = SIDIOUS = TEH EMPEROR

Sorry, you know what I mean. :p

7. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Ken, no offense, but "L33T5PEEK" just doesn't working coming from a 35 year old man. :p

8. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    ...but "L33T5PEEK" just doesn't working coming from...

That's ok, Sithy, it was just parody. ;)

And besides, proper English often doesn't "working" coming from a 16-year-old kid! :p

9. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    LMBO! See what happens? I criticize someone else and in the process make a fool of myself!

There's my life story for ya. :p

10. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
  11. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    Anyhoo, as we were talking about the AOTC ending, I forgot to ask if you've all noticed the ATS "fanfare" inserted in "Dawn of the Empire"... :D

12. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    You mean the bit of bridge music between the two chunks of Imp march? That sounded like pirate music to me, not ATS.

13. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    I never thought of fanfare as "pirate" music.

I guess you could call it a bridge in "Dawn of the Empire", but I've never heard "chunk" used as a musical term before. :p

14. Gregatron

Gregatron Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2002
    During the "Across the Stars" music video, we can hear "grand", unused music that perfectly segues into the "wedding scene" version of the love theme. I believe this is part of the *ORIGINAL* music for the "Dawn of the Empire" scene, BEFORE it was re-scored with the Imperial March.

15. Lady__Skywalker

Lady__Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2002
    I agree with many people here when I say that I like this ending as in the music fits fine with the shot.

Gregatron

During the "Across the Stars" music video, we can hear "grand", unused music that perfectly segues into the "wedding scene" version of the love theme. I believe this is part of the *ORIGINAL* music for the "Dawn of the Empire" scene, BEFORE it was re-scored with the Imperial March

If I'm thinking of the right part you can hear that in the movie too. I think it's just there to make the transition from the Imperial March to Across the Stars smoother. I don't think that it was originally made for just that scene. Sorry if I misunderstood what you were saying.

16. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    I guess you could call it a bridge in "Dawn of the Empire", but I've never heard "chunk" used as a musical term before.

I have my own way of speaking. So there. :p

17. padmeleiaandluke

padmeleiaandluke Jedi Youngling

Jan 13, 2003
    I think it is perfectly fine . Me being a Figure Skater I chose that particular song to skate to and it worked out perfectly fine.

18. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Speaking of AOTC ending... anyone else here wonder why in the hell they cut out the statement of the Emperor's theme just before the solo female voice in the horribly named "Confrontation With Count Dooku and Finale" track?

19. batvader

batvader Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    Maybe time (CD time) was the issue.

20. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    no, strilo, I don't know why, but I absolutely loved that statement there, when I saw the movie.

Can it be, that it's the loudest choir-version of the Emperor's Theme? It seemed to me like it was. (When Palpy zaps Luke it's louder, but that's instruments. Right?)

21. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    Yes, the whole finale would have been that much more awesome had they kept that in there. I understand why the tracks were edited in other instances, but why the finale? That statement of the Emperor's Theme is crucial there.

The best is still The Rebel Fleet from ESB.

22. batvader

batvader Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    Definitelly. It's the most smooth finale music (in the sense that it blends with the credits nicely)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.