main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX AOTC - Favorite Part ?

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Willie_Scott, Jun 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Willie_Scott

Willie_Scott Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2002
    I'm surprised how many of my friends have asked, "What's your fav part of the movie?" I don't usually get asked that.

I always say I'm not sure. ?[face_plain] With Phantom Menace, that's easy, The Duel of the Fates scene. :D I love the music for that scene too! [face_love] You know, Episode I: Duel of the Fates - has a nice ring too it. What do you guys think? I remember all of my friends thinking that the title "Phantom Menace" was a joke, that it would be changed at the last minute. :p

Fav AOTC scene...hmmmmmm.....Could it be?

-The Yoda lightsaber scene? "Kick your ass I will, mmmm... yes."

-The entire Zam Wessel, Anakin, Obi Wan sequence?

I don't know, what's your fav part of AOTC?

2. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Taun We! [face_love] She's a hottie, y'know...she's got legs, she knows how to use 'em now!

[image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/taunwe/img/movie_bg.jpg]

Too many to list...best design, use of color, and environments yet! The characters are great, and the backstory's just making me appreciate TPM and the OT that much more!

3. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    I thought Jira was your favorite PT female. :D

[image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/jira/img/movie_bg.jpg]

I still get goosebumps watching the jedi vs. federation battle.

:cool:

4. voort

voort Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2002
    I'd like to spend several hours in the night club...

Also the big fight at the arena, all the jedi-knights, that was great

voort

5. Darth_Chocolate

Darth_Chocolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    Hands down, the best sequence for me was the whole Tusken Camp/Anakin's Confession stuff. You really can't separate those two scenes since they are tied so heavily to each other. But seeing his mother die in his arms, then THAT LOOK!! And the shrill music starts up (track 11, 2 min 43 sec). Just knowing that I'm playing witness to the first and possibly largest event that created Darth Vader, the baddest villain of my childhood. Knowing that this hero that I've come to love is hurting so deep inside, that he is filled with such sadness, despair, anger, and finally an uncontrollable rage. Then to only see him perform the first 3 murders in revenge.

Then we see him settling into his grief in the garage. You can tell he's trying to cope, trying to put it all into perspective and pull himself together, but he just can't. And his anger takes control again as he confesses to the only other woman in his life about the slaughter he had just enacted. Where I believe he scared himself with his power, anger, rage, and the fact that he was no longer in control.

ooooh!!! That still gives me chills.

See, I also think that he was so scared after his slaughter of losing it again. Scared of himself. He couldn't cope with Obi-Wan getting captured. Didn't know what to do, and this frustrated him further. That's why when Padme takes over and states that they are going to go rescue Obi, Ani feels the weight lifted as he doesn't have to be in control any longer. He doesn't have to worry about doing the right thing. Just a thought anyway.

I'll stop now babbling.. :)

6. Buba_Fett

Buba_Fett Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2002
    Wow, you should be a writer, LOL. Seriously though, very good points indeed. I really loved that scene too. The way he looked up and the FRIGGIN AWESOME music that went so well at that moment, you could tell he had snapped. The music sounded like something out of horror flic or something, very scary and somewhat disturbing. It fit so well.

There are so many other good scenes too, it's hard to pick one as a favorite. However, I must say the Dooku/Yoda fight was cool and even a bit humorous, but in a good way. The end battle scene is by far the best composite of computer graphics and actual film that I have ever witnessed. ILM does it again!

7. Willie_Scott

Willie_Scott Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2002
    Wow Mike! I love to read any post of yours.

I loved that scene, the music just made it that much better. I did cry the first time I saw it. I thought that was one of the sadest scenes :( I've ever seen in a movie, next to "Beaches" and (no booing please) :p "Titanic".

8. Darth_Chocolate

Mar 21, 2002
    Heh, thanks guys.
    "I have my moments. There aren't many of them, but I do have them." :cool:

9. Old-Jedi

Old-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 25, 2000
    If you think these posts are excellent examples of Mike's writings, you should read his resume, a spectacular work of fiction and fantasy :eek:

10. krwade3

krwade3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    LOL

That Was a good One OLD Guy

11. Darth_Chocolate

Mar 21, 2002
    Even I had to laugh at that one Tim. Sometimes I still wonder how the hell I was entrusted with my very own Blockbuster store.

Quiet you! ;)

12. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Yes, with his lining-up-for-movie ways, Mike makes the guys from CLERKS look like overachievers :p

Seriously though, the understated way in which Yoda senses what's going on on Tatooine, and the deeply saddened look he gives Mace are really great.

The scenes where the probe droid releases the kouhon assassin centipedes and in the night club where Zam is drawing her gun and you don't quite know who she's gunning for are masterfully-done moments of tension, imo...

13. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    Go ahead, Mike. You know you want to say it. ;)

14. WhisperingDeath

WhisperingDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    I want to say that the tukusken camp scene was the worst let down of the movie. You take the one time where you really empathise with the main character. Throughout that scene I was saying to myself ooooh man that sucks, then ow man those guys better watch out, oh here it comes this fight scene is going to be excelent, YES YES HERE HE GOES (Cut to next scene) DAMNIT DAMN YOU LUCAS! you destroyed the best scene in the movie! Die, you die!

But then I saw the magnificent glory that was the Clones vs. Droids battle, now that was some good film making. I really enjoyed watching a battle of epic porportions, something that could proudly take the Star Wars crown of excelence form the battle of Hoth. This was by far my favorite scene, showing what a full on battle is like in the star wars universe.

However, as far as cinamotography goes, my favoritely shot scene was when dooku and (was it obi wan or ani?) were fighting in the darkness that was only lit by the light from their sabers. Watching that scene in the movie theater only hinted at just how AWSOME that looked in the digital theators, that was just a great shot, something I wish I could somehow pull off.

15. Kurgan1

Nov 19, 2000
    No way. The Tusken scene was brilliant, and far exceeded my expectations. By showing more, they would have lost the effect. For mind-numbing violence, go watch the Matrix.

It's a simple principle--if you have your protagonist slaughtering women and children in a PG movie, people are not going to cheer for said protagonist. However, if you show only the beginning of a fight before it turns really nasty, and imply what happens, you achieve the same affect, yet you do not lose your audience. Anakin is ultimately a heroic character, not a purely cold-blooded murderer.

16. Plo_Koon_Master_Jedi

Plo_Koon_Master_Jedi Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2002
    Well, all of those scenes are great, but I think at the very end of the movie was awesome!

"Begun the Clone War has!" Absolutely brilliant! :D

17. WhisperingDeath

WhisperingDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    instead of providing me insight to the character's mindset I felt the scene instead served once again dissapoint my expectations by making the movie more kiddy friendly.

That was the ONLY time in the movie where i EVER sympathised for any of the characters and their motives. And what does Lucas do once he fully has my attention and emotion? He decides to cut away to a boring, poorly done talkie scene.

18. Kurgan1

Nov 19, 2000
    Can't agree. I thought that scene was perfect, and was definitely not catered towards the kiddies.

19. Nightcrawler13

Nightcrawler13 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2001
    But this caters to the kiddies....

http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?id=%7B7D93C42D%2D419F%2D11D6%2D800A%2D00C04F5ED856%7D

Didn't get to see the slaughter of women and children? Now you can reenact it with your own lego set!!! :D

20. deep_throat_nine

deep_throat_nine Jedi Youngling

Jul 2, 2002
    My favorite part:

All the wookies, decked out in flowing red robes, march silently while holding candle holders from KMart circa 1977. Han, Luke, and Leia watch from a distance with goofy smiles plastard on their faces. The music builds and Leia's eyes begin to shimmer...is it the lighting or the crack-cocain? I dunno, but she bealts out a beautiful rendition of "Life Day". Brings a tear to me eye everytime! That is my favorite part...

[image=http://www.timewarptv.com/site/programs/Star_Wars_Holiday_Special/images/group1.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.