main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC figures

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by SSIntimidator, Aug 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SSIntimidator

SSIntimidator Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    What's the logic behind Hasbro making the toys in "action poses" instead of the old way?

2. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    who knows, probably for kids

3. SSIntimidator

SSIntimidator Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Well d**nit they need to change it back!!!

:)

4. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    Hasbro wanted to get back to making the action figures themselves better.instead of concentrating on things like comtech chips and force files. me,I don't mind the action poses, it just looks like they're more realistic instead of just standing there.but the bad thing is that you can't put them in ships.I don't think they've done it much yet.but hasbro said they would make standerd figures to fit in the ships :)

5. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I think they should have a 50:50 ratio of action poses and normal poses (a la TPM Jedi figs)

6. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    Action poses are OK< but cut down on the stupid facial expressions! When did Mace scream like that in AOTC???

7. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    When did Mace scream like that in AOTC???

When he said, "Pilot: Land in that assembly area!"

That's how I have him posed in my gunship.....as if he's yelling this line to the pilot.

8. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    "cut down on the stupid facial expressions"

[face_laugh] Some of the Saga expressions have been a bit much, haven't they? My only problem with action poses is I like to display all my Jedi figures together, so it does look a bit odd when half the Jedi are just standing there when the other half are all set up in some crazy position. looking ready to attack somone. :p

9. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Anakin in the "speeder bike" set looks like he went over a VERY sharp bump while riding...

I think that expression forshadows the codpiece that he wears as Vader... :eek:

10. Orange_Sith

Orange_Sith Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2002
    they are for little kids who play with them, and think its cool

11. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Breezy: [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

If they're going to have a Mace figure with an expression, I wish they would just have one with his "I don't think so" expression.

I refuse to buy the current Mace with his mouth wide open like that. He looks like a dork.

What I don't like about the new action poses or the Force-flip action is that they make the figures more expensive. I like to take them out of the package and make them stand on a shelf, too, and it's harder that way.

Although with the stand that Force-enhanced Yoda is on, it's actually easier.

12. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "When did Mace scream like that in AOTC???

When he said, "Pilot: Land in that assembly area!"

That's how I have him posed in my gunship.....as if he's yelling this line to the pilot.
    "

[face_laugh] NO WAY! ME TOO!! LOL! I always imagined Mace like that too! LOL!

Oh, and for the main question of this thread: I agree with Guff... I like the action poses, but some of them aren't so good, so maybe more 50/50ish (like, did Senator Jar Jar really need to be all twisty and walking like that? No, Chancellor Palpatine looks much better in the non action pose! :) )

So, yeah, some figures action poses... Some not! :D

13. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    I think Mave is sqeezing out a Death Star sized turd. Man, why in God's name did I buy that TPM Panaka when I had the chance to buy a TPM Mace? Why????? :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.