main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tidewater, VA AOTC @ Hampton IMAX

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by VoodooManNC, Oct 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VoodooManNC

VoodooManNC Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2001
    Are we going to organize a group to see AOTC? And if we get enough interest, will we ask the Museum to have a midnight show? They're interested in having some sort of "Midnight Maddness" SW celebration if there is enough interest...

2. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Thats a good idea. where do you live? i am Jediknight88, i have assembled a group and we are having our third fan force meeting today. i know that mst of us who come to the meetings are going to be going.

3. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    OK everyone, i am trying to orgnize a event for the AOTC showing on IMAX! I could use any ideas you all might have. and any participation would help. i still have to call the place and find out if we can do it and if they have room for us. i have already contacted the 501st regiments, ans asked for their support. i also have a surprise as well. so if this goes down i will need everyones support and help! thanks

4. Mattax

Mattax Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2002
    Hi JediKnight88 please email me on the AOTC IMAX event. I am the Garrison Tyranus IMAX coordinator. I have questions for you on the event. mattax@ntelos.net

5. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    Hey there, i sent you an email.

6. JediMistressDragon

JediMistressDragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 1999
    If you want me to post this to the Rebel Legion messageboard I am the Freedom Base commander (Southern-Southeast part of Rebel Legion costuming club)and I can let the Rebels know of this. I know that 501st (my husband and I are members of that also is interested and I am sure we can get some Rebels there also). Just email me at JediMistressDrgn@aol.com.
    Pam
    PS I live in Richmond, VA.

7. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    Hello JMD, i will contact you soon about the event! thank you for the info

8. JediMistressDragon

JediMistressDragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 1999
    Jason,
    For some reason your email doesn't work when I replied-saying no such email, so here's my answer. I sent about your IMAX outing to my friends down there, and if your email doesn't work for me, might not work for them. :( If you like to know about a friend of mine, Paul Knight I know is interested in your club for sure let me know here or send another email that will work and I can tell or send you his email. He has link to these boards too.
    Pam

It all depends right now what the two heads of the 501st, Cricket and Ward find out from the lady to do with the Richmond, Virginia Science Museum of Virginia deal, esp. as the times for yours has changed and may make it hard to do both. I can't go see her today this afternoon as have to work in the HBO film, Iron Jawed Angels (I'm an actress) today, but will soon hear from Cricket one way or another. My husband and I are interested going to see it your way, though it may in long run be Hampton as we have friends and are members of Starfleet Atlantic and Babylon the 5th (my husband and I do Babylon 5 costumes too) and are intersted in the club your way as I formally quit the Moisture farm Co-Op as president and member due to how some members are acting (like in emails I have gotten)and fighting and arguing on the website and meetings. As creator and with it for three and half years I have finally concluded (and my husband too) that Richmonders don't seem to know how to act adultly, etc... for clubs. So let us know ehn your meeting are and where. I already let our friend, paul Knight and some others members of Babylon the 5th/Starfleet Atlantic who are big Star Wars fans and collectors know about your deal next weeknd and they can find about the club. Another, Brian, who's a member of Rebel Legion, just not have a Star Wars costume yet, I sent him your email and maybe you'll be hearing from him.
    Soon as I hear, hopefully later tonight or tomorow morning I'll let you know on the IMAX showing your way for the times you have.
    Pam

Hello
    I am Jason Bruggeman(jediknight88), the Va Beach Fan Force city
    rep. we are doing the Imax event at the Virginia marine science museum
    in Va Beach.
    I saw your post on the Force.Net. I would love for the Rebel Legion
    to come. There is a midnight showing on the 31st, and 3 showings on the
    1st. the times are 4:15, 7:15 and 10:15 on friday the 1st.
    We are going to have a table set up. if the 501st comes, they will
    have a table. if the Legion would like to come, we can get a table for
    you to set up on. We also have a changing room for people to use and
    store their costumes.
    We are working on discounted tickets, the Imax rep is talking to
    his boss about that. In the works on trying to get Shannon Baksa (Mara
    Jade) to come for a few hours. The theater is also talking about doing
    a big theatrical event before the showing.
    If you can provide a rough estimate of how many will be coming that
    would help with the planning

9. ArmageBedar

ArmageBedar Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2000
    Hey jediknight88, I'm the secretary of the Moisture Farm Co-op -- we'd love to join you down in Hampton, but it may be a bit too far for a lot of us to travel (myself included), sadly. However, I know *some* of us would love to join you folks.

We're also having a showing at our local IMAX theater at the Science Museum of Virginia on November 1st (tentatively). Obviously, you face the same problems coming up here as we do down there, but we figured that we'd extend the invitation to Star Wars fans everywhere in Virginia (and beyond). We're not planning a big bash, just us and some members of the 501st in uniform, but we'd love to meet any of you that come up.

You can reach me at sec@moisturefarmcoop.com or armage@swrpgnetwork.com if you want to talk about this, or visit our forum thread on our boards at http://www.moisturefarmcoop.com/cgibin/mwf/topic_show.pl?id=783.

Hope I'm not being impolite by posting this here, but we *are* interested in events all over Virginia, and as secretary I figured I'd return the favor for you. Thanks!

10. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    I have sent you an e-mail with some of the details.

11. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    Alright everyone!
    Heres the deal so far. we are doing Imax At the Va Beach marine and science musuem. so far we might have a few of the 501st there. I have talked to Shannon Baksa(Mara Jade), and she might also be coming! Yes i actually talked her! I wil be there for the midnight showin on the 31st and i will also be there all day of the 1st! so i hope you all can make it.

12. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    Well! friday night went great! so did Saturday! Saturday we were excited to have Shannon(Mara Jade) with us, she brought her daughter along for the fun. toghether tey greated the fans! She is such a great person! Thank you Shannon! We would also like to say thank you to Rouge! Rouge came dressed in her Stormtrooper gear. she is one of the 501st! Thanks Rouge! your a cool person, hope to hang out with you again soon!

13. jainasolo11sticks

jainasolo11sticks Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    i wish i could have come to hampton last night :) i bet it was a big party. and i would have loved to meet shannon!
    still, i went to the va science museum in richmond and had a lovely time meeting everyone there!!
    (pam, i'm the jedi you met last night!)

14. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    Well our last day at IMAX was yet another wonderfull time, sold out theater! well i hope that i see you all at the next meeting! until then....have fun!

15. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.