Lg.Is, NY AOTC IMAX in Nyack, NY

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by ObiWill, Oct 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObiWill Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey everyone! Star Wars NYC is planning a huge event to kick off the IMAX release of AOTC at the Palisades Center Mall, Nyack NY. It's about a half hour's drive north of NYC, just north of the New Jersey/New York border. Along with the Empire City Garrison and several other Garrisons of the 501st, we will be raising money and awareness for two charities -- OASIS, a local New Jersey food pantry that provides food to needy families.... and the New York-Presbyterian Children's Hospital.

Since it seems that many cities won't be getting AOTC IMAX, we hope to get people from other Northeast FanForces to travel to join us. We'd like to get an idea of which groups would be interested. Thanks!

MTFBWYA
    ObiWill
  2. Darth Venom Jedi Master

star 4
    Will,

I will be sure to put it on the agenda and discuss it with the FFLI members this weekend. I'll let you know.

3. StarFromIHJ Force Ghost

star 4
    Yes, I'll make sure it's discussed this Saturday.
    Can I have more information about it though so when we discuss it Saturday we'll actually know what we're talking about? lol
  4. LadySith Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok..so far this looks to be a 2 day event. All of Friday night and Saturday until about 9 pm or so. The theater would like as many folks in costume there as possible. Although we welcome non coustumed people as well. We will most likely be floating from the theater to Dave and Busters and back again. The garrison troops will most likely be there mostly Saturday although there will be a few there to support on Friday night. King of Prussia fanforce plans on having some members attend as well. If you guys want to be part of this "officially" we need to submit the number of attendees from your group, if any. Bear in mind you guys do not have to partcipate and can simply attend as theater patrons if you wish. Although we would love to have as many of you as possible to make this a multi-chapter event. And I KNOW Orin has a kick ass jedi costume ;)
  5. StarFromIHJ Force Ghost

star 4
    2 Days? Do you have to be there the whole time or can you come for only a few hours?
  6. LadySith Jedi Master

star 4
    SWNYC and the Garrisons will have people there throughout the 2 day period. If you want to come help out for a few hours that would be great because it could give those working the shows a much needed break I am sure! :)
  7. Cailinn-Sarr Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sorry folks but since tickets are being pre-sold & I just found out,it don't look like I'll be going.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.