main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

V.C, CA AOTC IMAX on 11-2-02

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by YoungJedi11, Oct 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    I know you've tried to explain to me a little GentleBant, and I thank you, but I'm still a little confused. Do we need advance tickets? You said something about a signup sheet also. What time does it end? I think you said 1:40 was the start, but I don't know when we're supposed to leave. Is it group organized, or are we just supposed to show up? I'd appreciate any information so I can start making the plans. Thank you! :)

2. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    This is an email from the organizer of the Universal City Walk, please email him if you have any questions. I will be there Saturday starting at noon myself, maybe I'll get to meet some of you there. I'll be the woman in her thirties with 3 kids hanging onto her, and wearing a cast on my left lower leg... you can't miss me. I am thinking of either wearing my Royal Guard outfit to cover up my cast.... or.... putting a sign on my back saying, "Geonosis Jedi Arena Battle Survivor". hehe

Well, our little group is growing quite large. We have over 80 submissions already. I know many of you have email questions but hopefully this will answer some of them.

We are planning to kick the event off at noon. The exact details are still being worked out.

So what about tickets? We are going to the 1:40 pm show on Saturday. Imax Sales has a group blocked off for us. Please do this ASAP.

To reserve tickets:

Call 818 - 622 - 4629
    Ask for Kittie
    Tell them you are with the 501st Legion party for the 1:40 PM showing on Nov 2.

Universal CityWalk will be alerted to us showing up in armor.

Jeff Yankey
    jeff@theforce.net

3. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    More info from Jeff Yankey:

Well, we are less than one week away. I want to welcome all the new people joining us. We are currently at 110 on the submission list.

For the new people, reserve your tickets. I do not know how many more we can get but please try. Leave a voice mail if needed.

To reserve tickets:

Call 818 - 622 - 4629
    Ask for Kittie
    Tell them you are with the 501st Legion party for the 1:40 PM showing on Nov 2.

I am still waiting for the call from the Universal PR people. Once we know what they will let us do, we'll pass it along to you. We plan to have a table at the event for City of Hope.

**They are also asking that the FanForce chapters do something for the kids such as a Jedi Workshop or something... any other ideas? Also, who from the SDSWS is going on Saturday the 2nd (for sure) to LA?

4. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Thanks very much Mara! That helps a great deal. If I end up going, I'll look for you so I can thank you in person. I'm about 6'3, 16 years old, and have glasses (I'm dorky looking :) ). What's SDSWS?

5. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    ^SDSWS is what we call the San Diego FanForce chapter. It stands for San Diego Star Wars Society. We call ourselves that as a way of thanks to the Seattle Star Wars Society, whose founders (John Guth and Phil Pankow) helped me out a lot when I was just getting our group started (February - April of this year) and they are also hosting our website for free! We had our first meeting on April 13th of this year, and were official by the time Celebration came around. In August we had some pictures posted at StarWars.com that were taken at our table at the San Diego Comic Con. This month we have a link to our website posted at StarWars.com, and were mentioned in the Star Wars Insider (page 17). I guess you can say our group has arrived if Steve Sansweet knows who we are! ;) So you see... you can do the same in a few short months.

6. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    That is so cool! I hope we get there eventually. I'm looking forward to the future now! :)

7. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    YoungJedi, I think I may have an extra ticket....(I forgot a friend was buying mine, and I bought one for myself, too!) I'll let you know!

8. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    That'd be great! Thank you! :) How much are they?

9. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    It's a twelve dollar ticket. I just have to confirm with my friend that she has a ticket for me.

10. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Hmm...So yours is for sale? I'm going to check up on it, but do you know if there are any spots available? I wanted to go with my friend, so just 1 more spot? I hope so! :D

11. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    PM SRB_Jedi_Knight . He can fill you in.

12. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
  13. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    I PMed him two days ago, but I haven't gotten a response yet. :(

14. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
  15. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Did you go?

16. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    I was there for the 1:40pm showing. But I arrived late so I had to sit in the front row on the far right side. I could practically look up the noses of all the characters... lol It is definitely an interesting perspective to sit in the front row of an Imax movie.

17. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Mara, I looked for you and your kiddies and your cast. I did see a little battle-Padme from SD later on, but I never found you!

18. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    I missed it! :( My dad called that morning and had to work, so I had no one to take me. I checked up on the train schedules, and I had just missed one. Major disappointment. :( But, hopefully I'll be able to go to whatever event comes up next.

19. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    You should have PMed me. I'd have swung by and picked you up. :~D If we had one more person, it would have qualified as our first meeting!

20. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Wow, that's really nice of you! :) I wish we could have a first meeting, but it appears that Sturm doesn't exist anymore. ;)

21. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    I've got a third. He should be posting around here, soon. Also, Padawan 716 is known to live in SB, and maybe he could come down, too.

My third person said he'd be glad to have you be rep. :~D

22. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    It'd be great to have the person come down from SB. Anyone we can get! Is it just completely illegal for me to be rep, and I'm still wishful thinking? Mara, a little help here! :)

23. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    ^ You can hold another office in the club, you just can't be City Rep unless you are 18. We have one officer in our club who is only 15.

24. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Well, you're up then GentleBant! :) What do you mean officers, Mara?

25. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Well our group has a lot of officers, but most only have 3 or 4. There is a co-city rep (or Vice President), a Treasurer, some chapters have "Collecting officer" or "Costuming Officer" or other such officers... it depends on the club.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.