main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC IMAX - Pics

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by Shadoe42, Nov 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadoe42

Shadoe42 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    http://home.swbell.net/miller42/fanforce/index.htm

there ya go.. no labels on the pics and I had to play around in photoshop for some of them.

2. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
  3. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    WOW! Valerie, the boys, and I had a great time last night! AOTC rocked in the IMAX format. It was also great to see everybody. You all looked great!

Doing anything for the DVD release on the 12th?

4. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    Yes, Jake, we all plan on buying it on the 12th then rushing home to watch it. :p

5. FaceLoran

Oct 10, 1999
    Speaking of the DVD release, IGN DVD has a screenshot of the X-wing and TIEs from the Coruscant chase. If you haven't seen it yet, clickie and scroll all the way to the bottom.

6. GENERAL_FEL

Feb 10, 2001
    What I meant was(SHEESH!), Are there any plans for the group to get together for the midnight release of the DVD?

7. Maumi

Maumi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2002
    If you all do, I won't be able to. I will be getting my wisdom teeth out the day before it comes out at, but then you never know! Anyway, it looks like everyone had fun. I had a nice time at home. I have been working 16 hour days all week. I woke up at 6:30 am went to work and then went straight to the Nightmare only to get home at 12:00 or 1:00 am in the morning to do it all over again. That and I was feeling a little under the weather! Well, anyway, the pictures are great. Oh and Luke I don't know what you did, but you sure to look great. (Michael baby you know you are the much sexy man in the world)

8. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Dena, glad you feel better! :)

I have had the wisdom teeth out when I was 16. Good luck on that!

9. Maumi

Jun 28, 2002
    LOL, on the 9th picture Mike2 says it looked like I am flashing him! Now we know why he is dancing! :p

10. GENERAL_FEL

Feb 10, 2001
    I ALWAYS dance when Valerie flashes me, so I completely understand!

11. Jacen_Solo81

Jacen_Solo81 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    Thanks for the compliment Dena. I do my best to look good for the ladies. I was glad to meet all of you again, but sorry I didn't get to talk longer to you guys had to battle all the other nerds in line to keep my place. The movie was freakin' awesome on the imax screen. Did anyone else feel like they were falling during the speeder chase? Hopefully one day I will actually be able to make it to a meeting.

12. Jacen_Solo81

May 18, 2002
    Thanks for the compliment Dena. I do my best to still look good for my girlfriend plus I just like to look good period. Some people say I have self-esteem issues what do you think ;) I was glad to meet all of you again, but sorry I didn't get to talk longer to you guys longer. I had to battle all the other nerds in line to keep my place. The movie was freakin' awesome on the imax screen. Did anyone else feel like they were falling during the speeder chase? Hopefully one day I will actually be able to make it to a meeting.

13. RogerRoger517

RogerRoger517 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    The IMAX format was great. I had some worries as the film started, my wife get quezy on the ferris wheel and the chase on Corsucant was almost too much but we got through it. One bad thing though, the closeup(and I do mean VERY close) of JarJar was a little much. I though that the film quality was better than the regular theatre show and the sound, oh the sound. I love it when I don't just see a ship go by, I feel it.

14. Jacen_Solo81

May 18, 2002
    I have no idea how I ended up with 2 almost identical posts. I guess hiting back doesn't really help after you hit the button to post.

15. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Sorry it took so long to get my pics up, but here they are! Enjoy.

16. Shadoe42

Shadoe42 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    Those are great... hehe loved the oines in the consession stand hehe sorry I missed that.

17. Maumi

Jun 28, 2002
    Billy the pics are great. Gary I love the icon you made!

18. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Yay! Our icon is up!!

19. GENERAL_FEL

Feb 10, 2001
    I love the pics of the concession stand action!

20. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    You know... It's really too bad I don't advertise on my local site...

Mike2, thanks for posting my link in the main forums, my network traffic has gone through the roof! Not that I care, the more the merrier I say :)

But I know Cox is having a conniption fit about it. Not that I care about that either, I hate Cox. :)

It's very cool to see all the hits and varying IP addresses coming in. And also interesting to see when people decide to flip around my other picture categories looking at everything else.

It's also a great way for our group to be noticed more, between Ed's and my pics. I'm sure Gary's droids help out just fine as well. Not to mention our new unique logo (again, much props to Gary).

As far as midnight DVD release, who else is up for this? Especially if I can get the Extended Edition of LOTR at the same time. I need to get like 4 copies of AOTC for Christmas anyway... If nobody else cares, I suppose I can just wait until normal business hours.

21. gw2tulsa

gw2tulsa Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    Well..... did we have fun or what :)

I just got word from Rick. The video is done and ready to be sent over to me. I may have to have a watch party or something :)

Once I have the tape, lets see about dubbing off copies for everyone. I'd also like to get that encoded to digital for the web and will see about sending it over to Theforce.net for posting (maybe even lucasfilm as well :)

Billy, I love the new Icon. If you want to get rid of the white halo around Yoda, just make your gif with this grey background as seen on the forum pages... That would do away with it real quick... Now I gotta see to some other graphic updates :)

-Gary

22. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    Oh yea, we wanna be sure to put Outlaw Yoda up in place of the Driller on the main page too

23. FaceLoran

Oct 10, 1999
    I need the final version from Gary, before I can put it up on the webpage.

24. gw2tulsa

gw2tulsa Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    Did you want the solid gray ring or the gradated grey? I tried the star thing and it didn't work :( You couldn't see any of it behind the y-man.....

-Gary

25. FaceLoran

Oct 10, 1999
    Whichever looks better, I guess. Also, could you send me a 300 dpi, 1800x1800 version of the logo, as well as a 300 dpi version of the full body image. I'm not sure of his aspect ratio, but I need something about 2500 pixels high, but not more than 2400 wide. Then I can whip up some t-shirt designs. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.