main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC: IMAX

Discussion in 'Archive: Ft. Lauderdale, FL' started by Sinlock_Shad-dow, Sep 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinlock_Shad-dow

Sinlock_Shad-dow Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2001
    TheForce.net has a confirmation that AOTC:IMAX will be playing at the SunsetPlace (Miami) IMAX theater.

There is at this time no information on if it will be showing on Nov 1st. Stacey and myself are trying to get this information.

We'll keep everyone up to date.

2. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Thanks for the update, Adam. Riachia (Shu-Shu) has been in touch with the theater also. We are formulating a plan on when would be a good day to go. We would appreciate any suggestions as far as time and date and day of the week. Please either post your suggestions here or contact me at Fandomenace@msn.com or by private message. We will gather all of this info together and come up with a plan to suit as many folks as possible. I will keep you posted.

3. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Hey all,
    My attendance will depend on transportation. I AM game to go to the IMAX. let me know time, day, and if anyone lives in my region that can give me a ride, in case Troi can't make it then.

JauhZmynn

4. KaiRaja-Patch

KaiRaja-Patch Jedi Youngling

Aug 24, 2002
    ack, it would be on a day I have a acting gig. Nov !-3 I have a gig out west.

5. AxtonTredway

AxtonTredway Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2001
    I love Miami...It's so close to America! :)

-Axe

6. Jauhzmynn

Jun 16, 2002
    Any news on when we can go as a group to AOTC:IMAX? When we do find a date, will we go in costume to attract more people in?

7. Sinlock_Shad-dow

Aug 16, 2001
    "We" will have this info in time for the meeting this weekend.

It will also be posted on the board for the people that are not at the meeting.

8. Sinlock_Shad-dow

Aug 16, 2001
    Size Matters Not -- Except on an IMAX Screen! This is not just the projection of the standard theatrical print on an IMAX screen -- the movie will undergo the revolutionary IMAX DMR (Digital Re-mastering) process, which enhances the quality of the image and soundtrack to the huge IMAX 15/70 format. This marks the first time IMAX DMR has been used to re-master a film that was digitally captured and created. "Star Wars: Episode II The IMAX Experience will provide an entirely new way to experience the Star Wars universe," says Jim Ward, Vice President of Marketing for Lucasfilm. "For the first time, fans of Star Wars will be able to see all their favorite characters, environments, vehicles and droids in a setting that is up to eight stories high and over a hundred feet wide."

Opening November 1st, 2002! Advance tickets now on sale. Call (305) 663-IMAX. Limited availability. Reserve your tickets today!

Tickets are 11.00 for Adults, 10.00 for Children (GRADE 3-12), 9.00 for College Students.

TIMES!!!

STAR WARS Episode II (NOV 1)
    Fri/Sat/Sun 12:00p, 3:15p, 5:30p, 7:45p, 10:00p, 12:30am

I am trying to confirm that there is a 11:59 show on the 31st.

9. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    We will be discussing our plans for the Imax showing of AOTC at our meeting this weekend. If anyone has an opinion please post here or voice it at the meeting. As soon as we have a definite plan, I will post it here.

10. Sinlock_Shad-dow

Aug 16, 2001
    This is form TheForce.net

STAR WARS®: EPISODE II ATTACK OF THE CLONES: THE IMAX EXPERIENCE
    COMING TO SUNSET PLACE

ON HALLOWEEN NIGHT

?Size Matters Not? ? Except on an IMAX® Screen

South Miami, FL, The IMAX Theatre at Sunset Place announced today that Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones:The IMAX Experience will be coming to Sunset Place for a limited time only this Halloween beginning October 31, 2002 at 12am, showing thru December 24, 2002. Purchase tickets at the IMAX Theatre box office.

Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones: The IMAX Experience marks the first time IMAX has re-mastered a moviethat was digitally captured and created using IMAX DMR? (Digital Re-mastering) technology. Given its tremendous appeal, grand design, spectacular images and sound, Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones: The IMAX Experience(delete circler) will provide moviegoers the ultimate movie experience and Star Wars fans an opportunity to experience all their favorite characters and worlds in an entirely new way.

?We are thrilled to offer our visitors this giant of a film on the giant IMAX screen.Sunset Place continually strives to bring new experiences to our visitors in a way that no other cinematic presentation can offer,? said Marisa Mertens, Theatre Director.?We invite everyone to come and experience the Star Wars universe with clear, crisp, sharp images and sound in a setting that is up to eight stories high and eighty-two feet wide.?

STAR WARS: EPISODE II ATTACK OF THE CLONES is set ten years after the events of The Phantom Menace and the galaxy has undergone significant change, as have Anakin Skywalker (Hayden Christensen), Obi-Wan Kenobi (Ewan McGregor), and Padmé Amidala (Natalie Portman). Anakin has grown into the accomplished Jedi apprentice of Obi-Wan, who himself has transitioned from student to teacher, while Padmé is a distinguished Senator. Anakin and Obi-Wan are assigned to protect Padmé, whose life is threatened by a faction of political separatists.As powerful forces prepare to collide in epic battle, Anakin and Padmé find themselves torn between duty and honor and a love that is forbidden.These heroes face choices that will impact not only their own fates, but also the destiny of the galaxy.

See you all at 4:00
    Sinlock

11. Jauhzmynn

Jun 16, 2002
    Oh wow,
    That sounds cool.
    I'm game to go see that on halloween. One problem NO ride. Akkkk!

BTW I won't be able to make it to the meeting this saterday.(Today). Can someone send me info on what's discussed so I'm up to date?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.