main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AotC Infinities comic

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Quiet_Mandalorian, Sep 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    I'd like to see one, with the turning point being Jango killing Mace, of course.[face_mischief]

2. Fist_of_Mandalore

Fist_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2005
    You're rather obsessing over Jango and Mace, arent you?o_O

3. I_Heart_WessHar

I_Heart_WessHar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2005
    I like Mace, but I'd definitely like to see Jango survive. I don't know if there's any reasonable way he could be taken into custody, but knowing that their army comes from him, you'd think the Jedi and/or the Republic would entertain the possibility of keeping him around. I dunno, for training purposes or something. And an interesting story arc might be the Jedi and Jango eventually coming to terms with each other about Galidraan, even if only partially.

4. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    I think the turning point would be Zam managing to kill Padmé or Anakin managing to save Shmi :-B

5. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    Yep.[face_mischief]

Interesting idea.[face_thinking]

Nifty idea, and then what? They defeat the Confederacy and root out the Sith together? I can see it all know...:D

6. I_Heart_WessHar

Jul 4, 2005
    Or Jango somehow double-crossing the Republic and managing to gain an army of 1.2 million new Mandalorians... [face_devil]

7. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    [face_skull] [face_mischief] [face_cowboy] :D

8. Fist_of_Mandalore

Fist_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2005
    Quick Kudzu, write a fic about it!

9. TheDave

TheDave Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 2004
    I have this whole "infinites"-type conspiracy theory on Jango's death. I'd like to think the jango that got owned by mace wasn't really Jango, but a clonetrooper. I bet jango just wanted a little more anonymity, so he had his death faked and started bounty hunting elsewhere under another name.

10. Valin_Halcyon

Valin_Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    And abandoned boba?

An AotC infinities would be nice.... Maybe with padme getting fried in the droid assembly plant. :p

11. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    ROFL, that's Antilles2001's area of expertise though :p

12. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    This one could be good.

Anakin could turn much sooner if Padme is killed. There would be no Luke or Leia, thus he would not likely be returned to the Light. He might even actually kill off Palps immediately after the the Empire is established and rule the galaxy. Then it would be Yoda versus Anakin.

If Shmi is saved, he might not turn, or perhaps his turn would only be delayed. This one has a lot of possibilities too. Maybe he would raise Luke and Leia, and turn after they already become Jedi, thus it would be father versus children.

13. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    Why not? Boba abandoned his kid and wife. Plus, maybe Jango thought that Boba was capable of fending for himself, now (which we know he was).

14. I_Heart_WessHar

Jul 4, 2005
    Yeah, but Jango also lost his parents, and a sister, when he was Boba's age. I can't imagine he'd want to put Boba through the same thing.

I think if Padme had died that early, then Anakin would have been stricken, but since they hadn't both confessed feelings for each other, he might have put it behind him given time. Palpatine would've had one less weapon to use in his scheme without that particular temptation.

I'm actually starting a PT AU fanfic... maybe I will get rid of Padme...

15. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    Anakin doesn't strike me as the kind to let things go over time. In fact, I'd think that over time, it'd just make things get worse isnide his head.

16. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Maybe Boba somehow gets killed in the crossfire and Jango blames the Jedi. Then he has a more personal vendetta against them.

17. I_Heart_WessHar

Jul 4, 2005
    Or if Boba shot Mace in the back while he was concentrating on Jango.

Or if Boba jumped in the way of Mace's attack and Mace killed him - now that would shake things up, on both sides.

18. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    Another good idea. Now that's the Boba we know and love!!:D

19. dizfactor

dizfactor Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 12, 2002
    I'd like to see one, with the turning point being Jango killing Mace, of course.

No, no, the turning point is when Obi-Wan convinces Anakin not to pull a Leeroy Jenkins in the hangar and the two of them take down Dooku together.

20. neo-dragon

neo-dragon Jedi Master star 3

Apr 15, 2004
    Yeah, I agree that Zam killing Padme would be an excellent turning point. That would change everything. Jango killing Mace doesn't really seem that important in the grand scheme of things. They're cool, but they're both supporting characters.

21. master_organa

master_organa Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 5, 2004
    I think I just had a double nerdgasm.:-B

22. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    *Magneto voice* You Jedi. You always think it's about you, don't you?[face_shame_on_you]

23. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    The thing with infinities comics is that the turning point is always something that's bad for the good guys (hence why taking down Dooku wouldn't work). I think a more appropriate change would be for Obi-Wan to miss the Assassin doid on Coruscant and fall to his death.

24. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    Or for Zam to shoot Obi-Wan and not her droid...which she should have done anyway...

25. Wampa_Joe

Wampa_Joe Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2001
    Or for Anakin to decide that he doesn't hate sand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.