main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AotC Infinities comic

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Quiet_Mandalorian, Sep 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Red_Blade

The_Red_Blade Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 10, 2005
    First off, you can't make an Infinifites out of one fanboy-fetish second-stringer getting his head cut off (or not getting it chopped off, as the case may be) by another fanboy-fetish second stringer. The people killed out of sequence have to really matter.

Secondly, my ideas for an Infinities story

1) Anakin leaves the Order, rescues his mother, and goes into hermitage on Tatooine.He is no longer a Jedi, but in doing so, avoids falling to the dark side. Without him, Palpatine is unable to muster his final victory from within, and ultimately fails to bring down the Order. Could be modified so that Padme leaves with him (they take a transport to Tatooine, rather than Naboo), and they raise thier family together as the galaxy falls down around them. Anakin assumes the role of Old Ben in Luke's life as they ride out try to restore the Republic

2)Jango had killed Obi-Wan (EDIT: Noted and deleted. No offence meant. Just feeling a bit cranky after a bad day. My apologies to all) The Battle of Geonosis would never have happened, and the CIS may have launched a surprise attack on the Republic before it could gain control of the Clones (with Jango fighting for the other team, COULD they be controled?) Anakin may have gone dark instantly, but would have been difficult to seduce into the ranks of the Sith, as his rage has a rather simple solution, unlike the complex frustration of RotS

3) As previously mentioned, Obi Wan and Anakin kill Dooku. And the galaxy lives happily ever after.

4) Dooku kills Obi Wan. Anakin goes dark, kills Tyranus, and is recrited by Sidious to help root out the corruption we know Anakin sees in the Republic. He becomes a combination Dooku/Grevious, and executes the Jedi Purge not by massacering children, but by defeating them in battle.

2. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    "I do not fear the sand as you do...I embrace it!"

BTW, Above Poster Man, the Infinities comics change one small thing - for ANH, the torpedoes didn't detonate. For ESB, Han didn't come in time on Hoth and Luke died before his eyes. For RotJ, Jabba smacks off Threepio's head and can't communicate with Boussh!Leia.

So for TPM, it might be that Queen Amidala refuses to call for the vote of no confidence. For AotC, it very well could be Zam shooting Obi-Wan or Jango avoiding death. For RotS, it might be Anakin deciding to kill Palpatine right when he reveals himself as Sidious to him (sending him on a spiral towards the dark side out of his own anguish and seeming inability to save Padmé now that he can never learn how, as well as his expulsion from the Jedi Order from killing out of anger), Anakin sparing Dooku's life on the Invisible Hand, or Grievous killing Obi-Wan on Utapau.

Your last three ideas are possibilities.

3. Mandalorian_Crusader

Mandalorian_Crusader Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 6, 2005
    That, was totally unneccesary.:mad:

Somebody get a mod down here.

4. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    I didn't even notice that. I'm pretty sure that violates a bit of the ToS.

[face_peace]

5. The_Red_Blade

The_Red_Blade Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 10, 2005
    Sorry about that. Got a wee bit carried away. See the edited post for further apology and explanation.

6. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Shatterpoint raised the very intriguing "What if" of what would have happened had Mace killed Dooku in that box at the arena instead of focusing on Jango. It definetly would have changed the entire nature of the Clone Wars, since Dooku was the public face of the resistance. It very well might have been the death knell of Sidious' entire plot, at least for a very substantial time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.