main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AoTC IS the greatest Star Wars film ever. (so far)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by GhostPoet, Apr 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GhostPoet

GhostPoet Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2000
    I'd have to say that Attack of the Clones is by the best Star Wars film EVER.

I really don't know why it gets so much grief from people...seems to be the "cool" thing to do.

It had everything that makes Star Wars what it is....a little romance, a LOT of space-traveling adventure and A LOT of action. Infact, the best action sequences of all the star wars films combined. (so far)

It had it all. It was great from start to finish.

2. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    I respect your opinion. :)

3. grievious

grievious Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 27, 2005
    I don't agree, I liked the movie a lot, but for me is it just a part of the PT, and I love the entire PT. I think the OT really sucks, it is a part of the story, but it doesn't contain to much action...

4. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
    How-

I respect your opinion as well. :)

5. Sapno Krei

Sapno Krei Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 23, 1999
    I've taken a lot of heat for calling it the 2nd best in the series (behind ESB), from people who thought it was one of the worst in the series so far. To me, the cringe-worthy dialogue was more than compensated for by the intriguing mystery storyline and the wall-to-wall action finale.

I think you're brave for calling it the best!

6. Sweetcurse

Sweetcurse Jedi Master star 1

Dec 10, 2004
    It's really strange for me to hear people hate AoTC. When I went to see it, several times, it was pure joy. The audiences were cheering and I was elated. My roommate and I went to the midnite show and came out so excited and saying how it was the best so far, etc. I really felt that it was my favorite at that point.

The first time I heard a negative comment was at the theater upon my 3rd or 4th viewing. There was this guy at the lobby and we were both waiting to go in and we started chatting and he told me how he did't like it. I was speechless. We didn't talk after that because I said loved it, every minute of it.

I bought the whole thing. The romance was great for me and the action, mistery and Yoda! My roommate and I went outside our place after the midnite show and were playing with lightsabers because we were so crazy about it.

7. Matt-trooper

Matt-trooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2005
    I to think that AOTC is the best star wars film. Aotc and the prequels recieve much more criticism than they really deserve. Ever since I 've seen the film I've thought it was the best.

GhostPoet, thankyou for making this thread.

8. MANDALORIAN

MANDALORIAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 1999

I have to disagree. AOTC is little more than a soulless cartoon filled with more misfires than good moments.

So much potential wasted. Just imagine if the Lucas of 1977 had made it.

intriguing mystery storyline

Eh?

Padme: "I think Count Dooku is behind it".

Yep.

I think the OT really sucks, it is a part of the story, but it doesn't contain to much action...

Oh dear. I, for one, became a Star Wars fan because I really liked the story.

ANY film can do action.

9. Genrader

Genrader Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 2003
    OT > AotC >>>>>>>>>>>>TPM. That's how I see it.

10. Qu_Klaani

Qu_Klaani Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Ill bet considerable money that many will come along and try to prove your opinion wrong, therefore completly missing the point of an opinion (as usual.)

11. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
    OT > TPM >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> AOTC.

:)

12. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    It's my favorite too. In fact, it's many people's favorite.
    Many months after it came out, you'd see it be #1, tied for #1, or be a close 2nd. Of course, most of those people moved on to RotS and don't discuss it much.
    Many, many people seem to like where RotS is going as well. You really have to want to hate it to find it absolutely deplorable.

13. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Personally I prefer ROTJ but, I can definatly see how it could be your favorite because there are just so many great moments.

14. Seigiryu

Seigiryu Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 27, 2002
    While I love debates over which is the best movie in the saga, IMO they're rather counterintutive, it's like asking which is your favorite kid - they all have their distinctiveness, pros, cons, etc. - you can't pick a favorite!

I go through "stages" where I'll favor one film over the others for awhile, then switch...

Though, that being said, early word is that ROTS might well take the prize...

15. Deeysew

Deeysew Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    I'm glad you enjoy it. I love the kamino parts, the lightsabers and explosions.

16. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    I thought it was okay. Way too much CGI though. A friend of mine said that it was the thrid worst movie he'd ever seen in his life, worse than TPM, and that George Lucas was destroying his childhood. The only reason he gave me was that you didn't see enough of teh Clone Wars. I was like "Dude, it's a movie. They have to build it up. What did you expect to happen, the scroll to say 'there is a war going on,' and just have two hours of action?" Okay, I didn't really say that to him, but I will be sure to the next time I see him.

Slimy!

17. LazyDivey98

LazyDivey98 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2005
    I like the Phantom Menace better but AOTC is still freakin' sweet.

18. colivo

colivo Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 25, 2004
    I really liked AOTC alot, and I think it was much better than TPM. But it is not nearly as good as ANH & ESB, those films are classics. You can make a good case that AOTC is better than ROTJ. The last 15 minutes of AOTC is awesome, the best part is watching Palpatine oversee the star destroyers taking off at the end. The symbolism that the republic is crumbling is an eerie sight during that sequence.

19. jedicam10

jedicam10 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2005
    AotC Best Sw movie yet. Hands down.
    =D=

20. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    A New Hope I feel is the best film thus far. It's the film that launched the franchise and the foundation for the saga. All the other films work off it.

21. _StreetSonic_

_StreetSonic_ Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2004
    I will have to say that at first I disliked AOTC. I really couldn't understand what was going on with the story. It didn't feel like the OC that I've seen very little of, but feel inlove with. Once I read Episode 1 book, I understood a whole lot more. Now I love the PT.

22. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Please remember this is a positive thread... if you don't have something positive to say, maybe this isn't your thread.

23. pepperisadog

pepperisadog Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 7, 2004
    Results: Empire Strikes Back 40%, A New Hope 38%, Return Of The Jedi 7%, Revenge Of The Sith 6%, Attack Of The Clones 5%, The Phantom Menace 3%
    http://www.empireonline.co.uk/starwars/

I'd agree with those results, except for ROTS... don't know how they can include a movie that no one has seen yet...

AOTC had ridiculously bad dialogue and acting. If you don't mind that, then I'm sure you'll like it. As for being an "intriguing mystery", I'd like to know how you missed both the "evil Count Dooku" in the crawl and the "I think Count Dooku is behind it" in the first 3 minutes. As was said earlier, any movie can do action. If I wanted action I'd watch Black Hawk Down, not some wimpy PG movie with bad acting; if I wanted Romance, I wouldn't be watching Anakin awkwardly sputter some contrived lines about sand, or padme emotionlessly states "I truly deeply love you" to an unlovable Anakin after she's only listened to Anakin throw hissy fits, whine, and throw out ridiculously bad love lines. The only redeeming quality in that romance is their attractiveness. Hell, I think James Bond: On Her Majesty's Secret Service has both better action, better acting, a better plot, and infinitely better romance than AOTC.

Strilo, I was under the impression that this was a discussion board. No one is going to interact or discuss anything if they all agree, it'll just be a bunch of meaningless posts to the tune of "yep yep yep yep I agree yep yep yep" that no one will read because no one is going to argue any points. This poster made a controversial claim, and you expect the thread to remain void of controversy?

24. hawk

hawk Jedi Knight star 5

May 3, 2000
    I like TESB the most but I can see ANH as the only true SW film that stands on its on two feet. It works totally by itself as a great, entertaining film with heart. TESB is in many ways better. The effects are outstanding even today. The performances are spot-on especially Frank Oz's Yoda. The action is better and Darth Vader is at his personal best with the best lines in the saga: "Apology accepted, Captain Needa".

AOTC is entertaining. When I first saw it, I thought it captured a lot of the tone of the OT. I never thought it quite made it partially because the end battle looked so cartoony and fake and the lightsaber duels were terrible. Today, I have little patience for it. Instead of appreciating with time, it has done the reverse in my eyes.

Overall, AOTC is more entertaining than TPM which is just plain boring. But it is the worst made SW film so far. It has the worst editing, worst music (across the stars saves it), worst acting and worst script. In fact, the entire thing is a total mess but because I am a SW fan, I find solice in the smaller moments where it shines - across the stars is beautiful and the arena battle is initially pretty fun. Oh, and there are moments here and there that are fun too.

25. darth_padawan_padme

darth_padawan_padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2005
    AOTC rocks....!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.