main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN AOTC Line- up suggestions...

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by k kanos, Feb 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k kanos

k kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
    I thought this thread could be kind of like a suggestion box and discussion for the line-up in May. There will be two line up dates:

Line-up #1 (May 8-9 tentatively) the line for buying tickets.

Line-up #2 (May 15th) the actual line-up for the movie.

We will need two groups of people to volunteer to try to be there early for each line. I will be there early for the first one. Last time for Episode I, the second line-up actually started the afternoon before the day that Episode I came out. Moff Joker was the first one to head up that line. I will try to be there at the latest the morning before the day tickets go on sale. I live less than 1/4 mile away and can check If someone starts lining up before then. If that happens, I will try to be there sometime the night before. If we could get a couple of other people to meet me there that morning, we can set up our NAD group area, so as to reserve spots for those that will be coming later in the day.

We will also need someone to volunteer to be there as early as possible Wednesday morning the 15th or even Tuesday evening and set our group area up. BTW last time that was when the real media blitz insued. The River (radio station) brought componenet couches, a TV, VCR, while another group bought us Pizza and sodas. I actually stopped in that night and was Jealous as hell that I didn't come for that. If you were thinking about maybe bringing your costume for one of the lines, the second line for opening night is the one to do that. Thats when the local news media showed up. I was actually on two different news stations in my Imperial Royal Guard outfit. It was a blast!

I'm currently planning on being there by noon on the 15th as I am taking 1/2 day from work.

As far as supplies go, Games, music, and refreshments are of course a must. Any other suggestions?

We can finalize these in the April meeting. Until then, we can brain storm and prepare for what should be an awesome time. :D

2. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    I will try to organize some ideas and bring them to the meeting Friday.

3. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    Thanks Elan-Rai!

4. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    It shouldn't be a problem for me. I will definately be there to help out early on unless something else comes up.

As for activities, if someone has a portable stereo it might be a good idea to bring it. I have all the SW albums on my NOMAD Jukebox MP3 player plus all of the parody songs so we could hook that up and have that playing in the background. We had then during my Ep1 line campout and it was great.

I have Star Wars Trivial pursuit which is always fun game. I'll be sure to bring that. Maybe we can have some kind of tournament amongst the line.

In the The Media Blitz for AOTC thread I mentioned we might want to setup a tent to serve as a headquarters for our group, especially if we accept donations for charities as you suggested. It would be a good place to tell people about our group and it would be a visible place to the media and to arriving campers. I think a large tent, a large sign of some kind for it, and a folding table inside might be a good idea.

5. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    Thanks JediToren :)

I have a decent portable stereo with CD player I could bring. I have all the STAR WARS soundtracks on CD's and parodies also :D . I also have the Episode I expansion set to Trivial pursuit. I have the STAR WARS monopoly both classic & Episode I versions. There are supposed to be some really cool STAR WARS games coming out from Hasbro like the STAR WARS version of Stratego. It looks really cool. Good suggestions JT ;)

Another thing I was thinking about recently, is if anyone is into either the SW CCG game or the SW role playing games they could teach the rest of us how to play. I've never learned how to play either. It could maybe end up being a gaming spur of our chapter and another NAD activity. :)

Keep em coming!

6. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    I know penzargrat and I played a little SW role-playing, but I think it was with the older set. It wasn't WOTC, but West End Games. Anyhoo, I think he might remember some of the rules or get us going with the new one. Any takers?

7. Wampa_Stompa

Wampa_Stompa Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2002
    I would LOVE to bring some type of projector and show the films on a huge wall outside. I've got both the original and Special Edition movies on Laserdisc and the Phantom Menace DVD (of course) and it would be great to set up an outdoor movie theater while in line. Some buddies of mine who go to Watkins attempted this at the Episode I line, but the projector crapped out. Anyway, I think this would be a lot of fun and greatly appreciated by the people in line, which is what it's all about. Anyone else think this is a good idea?

8. LanceWindu

LanceWindu Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 27, 2002
    That's a great idea. But do you have a projector that will play Laserdiscs or DVD's? Or do you know someone who does?

9. Wampa_Stompa

Wampa_Stompa Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2002
    Well, all you really need is one that has S-video inputs. That shouldn't be too hard to find. Perhaps one could be rented... I was also thinking of bringing the stereo receiver I have in my room and some decent tower speakers to entertain the crowd. You guys have to save my spot when I haul ass back to M'boro with all that crap, though. I'm not leaving it there overnight.

10. autographjeff

autographjeff Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2001
    What is the 2 dates? I know the one is buying tickets... but when can you actually buy tickets to it? and i know about lining up ... I havent made it to any meetings , but am off all day on the 15 and can be there in mid morning to wait with the crew... let me know

AutographJEff

11. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    Of course we would hold your place in line :) . That sounds like a great idea, if its feasible. The River brought a TV and VCR for the line-up for the premier of Episode I, but not for the ticket line :( . They of course also supplied us with power. Check out the Picture this- Episode I line revisited to see what they did. If we do this we are going to need a power supply. When we talk to Thoroughbred management and they give us their blessing, we'll bring up the power source dilema and see if they would either allow us to plug into one of their outlets, or at least allow someone to park their car up front and use their battery as a power source. For that you will also need a converter (which can be quite expensive).

12. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    Keep the suggestions coming guys, especially ones that we need to request from Carmike or the Thoroughbred.

BTW, I just read a review from somebody that saw a rough cut of the film. Here, in a nutshell, is what he had to say:

"This film impressed me from start to finish. It was everything ?TPM? should have been and much more. This is like the best sequences and people from the entire original trilogy put together in one film"

Oh YEAH!!! Now, I'm stoked :D Bring on AOTC!!!

13. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Ohhhh my.... :D

14. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    Scott, I have a portable generator if they will let us use it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.