main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL AOTC Line-up thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by matt_maul, Jan 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matt_maul

matt_maul Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 6, 2001

Hey one, hey all. Matt Maul here. I'm sure half of you don't even know me, the other 51% probably don't remember me but hi anyway.

Ran into some of you at random events here and there so I thought I'd drop a note so we can start getting the line planning started. The AOTC line in Seattle has gotten me into the mindset so planning never hurts.

The biggest concern I have is Fandango. According to the manager over at McClurg, they're looking to start selling tickets (via Fandango, as well as box-office I presume) up to a month in advance. Whilst this is good news for those that don't have time to sit around... what about us?! I can't think of a more warm, fun community than that which I braved wind, cold and 4am wakeups by the media with than the Chicago Force. We need to figure out a way to get our tickets to our respective showtimes while still maintaining our presence and atmosphere. How do we do this? Do we wait in line only for the showings while buying tickets line madpeople online beforehand? That doesn't seem quite the same...

I'm honestly stumped. It's too easy to just buy 10 tickets on Fandago, go to the box office a week before and get the tickets and then just show up expecting to get in. And why not? But that's not in the spirit of things. I'm not going to miss this lineup because of convenience. I froze my butt off in '99 and god dangit I intend on freezing it off again come this May!

So let's get chatting. What's the current plan looking like? If I can help in any way, tell me. I don't got a lot of pull but what pull I have will be pulling for us. Take care.

matt.

2. Stardreamer

Stardreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2000
    Get tickets ahead of time, line up to be the first to actually get in to see the movie....

3. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    The Episode II line will be one of the major discussion topics during our lunch on Sunday. Are you coming out to that, Matt?

Phil

4. matt_maul

matt_maul Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 6, 2001
    In two words: Sadly no.

I was pretty darn active with CF back in the EP1 days and for good reason. I was 22, working FT doing tech support for a laid-back ISP and had plenty of time to do anything I desired. Now things are different. I'm WAY back in school. My current classload is 19 credit hours, doing 4 hours a week of student teaching and some volunteer work for an anthropology class. I also do work for my grandfather so I can afford stuff and in addition to all of that, I'm getting married in October so I'm involved in secondary family and wedding activities.

Heh. You could say my life is a lot fuller now. While I love my life and am thrilled at all the things going on, it doesn't leave a whole heck of a lot of room for social activity - for now. That's why talking about stuff on this board and whatnot will be so helpful to me. SW:EP2 is the one thing that I will drop just about everything for to get involved in, but not this early. Come late April and into May I hope to have more time to do... stuff.

So no, can't make it out this Sunday. For specific reason, I'm meeting with the Rabbi who's marrying us for the morning and then the evening is dinner at the future in-law's. I wish I could make it out, but fate it would seem has different plans.

matt.

5. Rex_Karrde

Rex_Karrde Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    May the FORCE be with you BROTHER... I know where you coming for. I wish for the best...

6. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    hey matt maul. good to see your words...after seeing you at LOTR. did you love it? i loved it.

on sunday, and in conversations before/after, McClurg still seems like the frontrunner for the main Chicago Force lineup, especially since right now it looks like the wind is saying that it won't be closed by May. That's a good thing.

We were thinking of trying to get "satellite lines" set up in other areas, where Chicago Forcers in various burbs could start their own line and (hopefully) help us raise money for our charity drive, the details of which are yet to be worked out.

as for when to line up, i'd say if tickets go on sale a month in advance, then our lineup would just be for a day to three days before the film's actual premiere. more of a symbolic lineup than anything. unless it makes sense to line up a month beforehand to get tickets, in which case, i'm there too.

hell, i'll line up for anything. who wants to join me for a scooby doo lineup starting friday?

matt

7. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    I rove Rooby Roo!!!

Ro Boy!!

8. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Hey Matt, good to hear from you again.
    Though MoviePhone (and now Fandago) have had 3 years to improve their systems, if I recall Moviephone (including their phone system) locked up a couple hours before tickets went onsale.

I'd say that Midnite shows on the bigscreen (No matter what theater you're at) will be highly sought after and will sell out quickly. And that's definitely the show you want.

9. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000
    *sigh*

I'm relatively new around here, and I wondered if anyone had any info about the great white north (Rockford). I haven't lived here long enough to know if they had a line or even showings for TPM at midnight. I'm all for driving down to Chicago, but lazy ass that I am, I would prefer to see it here. Crummy theatres notwithstanding ;)

jennifer

10. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Jennifer,
    I think practically every theater had some sort of line-up, even if it was just several hours before tickets were released and/or the first show (a week later). However, only a few actually had organized lines and events. McClurg Court, The old Sony Orchard and Barrington AMC 30 are the ones that got most of the attention I think. Chicago Force organized the line at McClurg Court.
    We'll be doing so again as well as finding people at other theaters who want to "network" to organize lines in their areas. We'll work together to raise money for charity, work with the theater management & local police departments to facilitate activities.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.