AOTC Love Triangle

Discussion in 'Attack of the Clones' started by Joeykin_Starrunner, Apr 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joeykin_Starrunner Jedi Knight

star 1
    I don't know if you guys remember this or not, but there was a rumor way back when that said that there would be a love traingle between Anakin, Obi Wan, and (the then unnamed) mother of the Skywalkers. This stemmed from the fact that Anakin and Obi Wan were rumored to be closer in age...back when prequel speculation was running rampant, I guess.

So my question is, with some age tweaking perhaps, should that love triangle angle element have been implemented in AOTC?
  2. Deeysew Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Only if one wanted to tie the three plot threads together more closely.
  3. BauconBatista Jedi Master

star 4
    No.

Such juvenile fanfiction fantasies have NO place in Star Wars [face_plain]
  4. Joeykin_Starrunner Jedi Knight

star 1
    "Juvenile fan fiction fantasies?" This rumor came from a Star Wars magazine that came out in the 90's that was soley devoted to speculating how the prequels would turn out, and I thought it would provide an interesting what if. Lighten up.
  5. Sith-Jedi-Master Jedi Master

star 4
    i don't think that it would have worked out...i mean it puts a whoel different view on the star wars saga...but i am happy the way it is.:)
  6. jangoisadrunk Jedi Master

star 4
    It wouldn't have worked. Ani and Padme would have to be long lost siblings to mirror the OT--and that's just icky.
  7. Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Master

star 4
    No - it wouldn't be in character for Obi Wan Kenobi. Even if he had feelings for Padme, he wouldn't show or encourage them, and because of that, nothing would have ever sparked between them. Anakin "does it" for Padme because he's where she's reserved and polite, he's passionate, emotionally open, and painfully honest.

The fact that Obi Wan is about ten years older might also come into play, though obviously that didn't stop Han and Leia. Though for Padme, I think Anakin's energetic youthfulness and recklessness (compared to the cautious nature her early maturity gifted her) was also a draw.
  8. KennyT Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yes, Obi Wan would stay true to his teachings and not fall for Padme. Besides, the way things had worked out, there was never any chance for attraction between those two charachters.

Anakin's pull to the dark side has been enduced by much greater things then simple jealousy of a woman.
  9. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Isn't a brother-sister-best friend love triangle in the OT enough? I don't think we really needed a son-senator-father love triangle in the PT :p

Besides, as has been stated, Obi-Wan is too committed for that. There are a number of issues with that but... yeah.

-sj loves kevin spacey
  10. yodagirl02 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I also read about this potential triangle, and it made more sense to me before the prequel trilogy came out. As the movies stand now, it would be cheap and sensless to have Obi-Wan be interested in Padme as anything more than as a protector and friend. There should be larger issues between Anakin and Obi-Wan other than the competion for a girl, such as Anakin's betrayal of the Jedi, that lead to the split in their relationship and Anakin's fall to the dark side. There is no evidence of this potential in AOTC, not even a hint. Obi-Wan sees her as a dangerous distraction for Anakin. "She's a politician and they're not to be trusted."
  11. Darth_Howell_III Jedi Master

star 4

The PT is young, my friends!

Plenty of potential in the third film!

Keep your peepers peeled for those telltale signs of erotic fixation!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.