main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC nominated for razzie awards!!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Darth_ABC, Feb 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarKnight

DarKnight Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2000
    DeathStar1977:
    --Why would Spielberg need to be political and gracious towards Lucas? He owns his own studio, and could easily afford his own effects shop if he so desired. Also, they have been friends for a long time, I doubt he needs to suck up to Lucas. --

Where will Dreamworks get the digital equipment that he and Lucas will need for the Indy 4 project?

Everyone together now:

The Presido Studio

2. C3POED_OUT

C3POED_OUT Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2003
    Spielberg is friends with Lucas. That doesn't mean he wasn't genuine when he complimented Attack of the Clones. To assume he was is simply drawing a huge conclusion without any merit.

3. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    What possible reason does Spielberg have to lie to Lucas?

Lucas has been pushing for digital filmaking, but Spielberg is against it. Spielberg tells it like it is.

4. DrEvazan

DrEvazan Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 19, 2002
    "And he should thank you for continuing to spend your money and time on his films even though you consider them worthy of Razzies."

you keep saying this, but i havent spent a dime on star wars since i saw AOTC, once for 7 dollars and once for free. i dont own either TPM or AOTC on DVD or video, i have no merchandise from either film... ive spent a total of maybe $28 on star wars since the opening of TPM. how much did he sucker you in for?

5. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

Jun 27, 2001
    He seems to have suckered you in since you're at a fan site talking about the PT :D

*runs away*

6. JohnWilliams00

JohnWilliams00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    There's that time and money thing again...

This site isn't "devoted" to just praise of AOTC. It's for AOTC discussion. I can criticize it if I want to. You don't know what it feels like to love the OT so much and then see two movies that don't even resemble them at all. I want to discuss these things with other peopl ewho feel the same way. I sure can't discuss this to the general public because no one out there wants to talk about Star Wars with the same amount of depth as we do here.

7. DrEvazan

DrEvazan Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 19, 2002
    exactly JW00

8. Rebel Scumb

Rebel Scumb Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    "Spielberg tells it like it is."

Except for his historical films which are so grossly inaccurate, contrived, and filled with inapporiate humour its impossible to take them or him seriously.

9. Shelley

Shelley Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 9, 2001
    you keep saying this, but i havent spent a dime on star wars since i saw AOTC, once for 7 dollars and once for free.

So you spent your money on it. As I am sure you will spend your money on Episode III, then spend time complaining about how much you hate it.

You also called Lucas a thief, and claim you've stopped giving him your time and your money, yet you have continued to give him your money, and your time -- watching the OT on tape over a hundred times, even though you think he stole everything from Kurosawa's movies, etc.

i dont own either TPM or AOTC on DVD or video, i have no merchandise from either film... ive spent a total of maybe $28 on star wars since the opening of TPM.

So you've spent money on it, despite claiming to hate it. You say you spent $7 total on AOTC. What did you spend the other $21 on? Seeing TPM three times, as you said in another thread (where you accused Lucas of being a thief and stealing the entire plot of ANH from "Hidden Fortress"). Why see a movie you despise three times? Why spend your money on the work of a man you consider a thief?

how much did he sucker you in for?

Ah, so you're changing the subject and trying to tack your hatred on to me by referring to it as suckering, when, unlike you, I freely spent my money on something I enjoy.

10. Rebel Scumb

Feb 22, 1999
    "This site isn't "devoted" to just praise of AOTC. It's for AOTC discussion. I can criticize it if I want to. You don't know what it feels like to love the OT so much and then see two movies that don't even resemble them at all. I want to discuss these things with other peopl ewho feel the same way. I sure can't discuss this to the general public because no one out there wants to talk about Star Wars with the same amount of depth as we do here."

Exactly, I hate when people group the five films in together and say, 'this person hates starwars" "that person is bashing starwars"

I would wager that the guys runing the razzies are huge OT fans, and much like a good number of the people in the movie going world, love the originals and hate the PT. AOTC should win the razzie not because its worse then crossroads, but because GL is capable of so much more. I mean seriously, how good could a britney spears movie ever be? But GL is a master filmmaker witha great track record, production values aside, AOTC is just a giant embarrasment of a movie, it'd be like watching michael jordan shooting hoops with some 9th grader and getting his ass kicked. Its painful to watch something with so much potential made by someone with such skill and expirence turn out such a low caliber of work. GL is to good for AOTC, star was is too good for AOTC, and we as fans and jsut as intelligent movie goers are too good for AOTC, we all deserve better, and GL can deliver better and I refuse to accept such a subpar effort.

The razzies are not nominating starwars as a whole, they are nomianting AOTC, the whole one 12 hour movie thing is a delusion created by Gl and perpertrated by fans that simply is not true. If it was one big 12 hour movie then he would've written one big 12 hour script years ago and he wouldn't be over a barrel now trying to write ep3.

11. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    Wow, this might actually make people upset if anyone knew what the Razzies were or if they even counted. Looks to me like another group of lifeless internet users trying to criticize things they will never achieve. Brilliant!

Nobodies.

12. Rebel Scumb

Feb 22, 1999
    "You also called Lucas a thief, and claim you've stopped giving him your time and your money, yet you have continued to give him your money, and your time -- watching the OT on tape over a hundred times, even though you think he stole everything from Kurosawa's movies, etc."

Yes but the OT is great, and I don't thinkl he's saying other wise.

"So you've spent money on it, despite claiming to hate it. You say you spent $7 total on AOTC."

Well how would he know it was bad before going to see it, its not like only those who like it have to pay for tickets, at elast not where I go to the movies, on planet earth.

"Yet you will go see ep3"

Yeah, because it might be good, and if its bad I'll stillw ant to see just how bad it is, the money doesn't matter anyway, GL has billions of dollars even if AOTC made zilch he would still make EP3.

13. Rebel Scumb

Feb 22, 1999
    "Wow, this might actually make people upset if anyone knew what the Razzies were or if they even counted."

Its not NET related at all, its a fairly big event in Hollywood that gets a lot of notice, even before htey were nominating SW movies.

14. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

Jun 27, 2001
    I could never appreciate the Razzie's myself.

I mean, there are some terrible movies out there, but the Razzies are just an excuse to humiliate the people associated with those films on a grand scale.

Fun, eh? [face_plain]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.