main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ AOTC Novel at K-Mart

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Darth Sebious, Apr 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Sebious

Darth Sebious Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 21, 2000
    Went to K-Mart Riccarton today and found the AOTC novel. Quite cheap for a hardback SW book, only $34.95. There was a large stack of them underneath a few other books; and they were separate from the AOTC toys.

I assume this means other stores should be receiving them, too.

The SW issue of Time magazine with Yoda on the cover is also available for $4.95. It's about time Yoda was on the cover! :D

2. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000

At least this time there's only ONE cover design for the novel.

Then again, there's FOUR different ones for the soundtrack. :(

3. DarthSpader

DarthSpader Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    Cool....I wonder if St Lukes KMART has the novel.......and I wonder if the storybook (pictures) and the Illustrated Companion are out

4. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Well, mixed blessing.

I got an advance of the soundtrack CD today (in fact it's playing right now) - we're not getting the bonus track version, and it looks really unlikely NZ is getting the 4 covers (we're getting the Aussie version).

You see, I also got an American version (with Anakin & Padme) - one of two in the country. On that there's a sticker saying "Collect all 4 covers while supplies last" which is not on the Aussie one.

The good thing is that the US version has been manufactured not to play on PC/Mac according to labelling. The Aussie version has no such labelling and can be played on your computer.

Like the TPM soundtrack, the track titles tell a bit of the story (it has put a lot of the spoilers in order for me), but nothing as telling as TPM's "Qui-Gon's Noble End".

5. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Cool. So is the release date still May 6?

6. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    So which design cover are we getting? I remember the Anakin/Padmé one and I thought it's the best. But if we're not getting that one... :(

7. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Like I say, there's a slim chance we will get all 4, but if it's just one (and the Aus version i got) it's just the cover with the poster art on it.

Kitt, I'll reconfirm the release date tomorrow.

8. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    well, speaking of bargins, i got copy of turok the book(#3) for 1.95 at ibookfind yesterday

9. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    The poster one huh, well that's not bad. But the Ani & Padmé one would be better IMO. You could get the poster one as a poster and have a different picture for the soundtrack. :)

10. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    or you could get the soundtrack, mount it to your wall and you wouldnt need a poster.

hmmm, that sounded more convincing in my head... ?[face_plain]

11. Darth Sebious

Darth Sebious Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 21, 2000
    Or you could just print out a copy of the Anakin/Padmé cover and slip it in the cover.

[image=http://www.theforce.net/multimedia/archive/Images/Episode_2/Products/Soundtrack/aotcsoundtrack-cover02.jpg]

12. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    My printer's broken. :( And I don't think there's any colour ink in it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.