main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC novel ruined

Discussion in 'Literature' started by GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE, Jul 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacensky315

jacensky315 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2002
    Dude I was jsut kiddin. I am not a relationship master or anythin. :D

2. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE

GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE Jedi Knight star 7

May 8, 2002
    wow i thought the old thread was dead so i created this, and thanks for the advice

AXL

3. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    I hope no one takes offense when I say speaking for everyone who offered advice, you're welcome. And if they Do, I apoligize.

As for the old thread, it had to be brought back up after seeing folks who hadn't seen it calling for her head.

4. DarthSikle

DarthSikle Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2000
    Off with her head!!

5. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE

May 8, 2002
    so the consensus is off with her head

AXL

6. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE

May 8, 2002
    and thanks knight1192 for all your help

AXL

7. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    Your welcome.

8. rafterman

rafterman Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2002
    ok, look you're a geek, I'm a geek, we are all geeks....if you actually have this girl's attention you will lay off this Star Wars stuff, even if she likes Wars too there is nothing that will turn a girl off more than being a complete nerd over a Star Wars book, be cool, don't be a geek about it and cry over it, sure it sucks to have property destroyed, but what's more important, getting her or watching Clones for the 50th time......

9. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    I'm not a geek. Yes, I greatly enjoy Star Wars and I know a good bit about it, but that does not make me a geek. Nor does it make everyone who share's my love for Star Wars a geek. Let's get over this view that enjoying Star Wars more than just casually automatically makes you a geek.

10. Han Solo Cup

Han Solo Cup Jedi Master star 4

Mar 11, 2002
    wow i thought the old thread was dead so i created this, and thanks for the advice

See Knight I told you thats why he created this new thread!! :D

8-}

11. Jedi_Alman

Jedi_Alman Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Sort of on topic, I have my own: My co-employee at work said, and I quote, "Star Wars sucks!"

What should I do?!

12. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    Just as likely what he meant was not that he wanted to rehash the old thread, but he wanted to add this update to it so that he had folks understanding what had already gone down and happened before hand before they responded. In fact I'd say it's more than likely considering the route this thread began on. It didn't begin "Remember about my book being trashed? Well I'm still trying to find out why she did it." It was more "Now she's avoiding me cause she thinks I'm still upset about the book. What should I do?" Rather big difference there.

13. Han Solo Cup

Han Solo Cup Jedi Master star 4

Mar 11, 2002
    Haha don't worry man I was only joking around. It really doesn't matter why created this one, ok? :) Besides the most important thing is helping him! The majority seems to be swaying towards Killing Her, hmm. Psychos 8-}

JA he insulted Star Wars! [face_shocked] "Wipe them out, all of them."

14. Niles-Tucker

Niles-Tucker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2002
    will the aotc novel appear in pb anytime soon? i'm quite interested in it, sooo... anyone?

15. darth_melvin

darth_melvin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 18, 2002
    Let go of your anger.

I think there's more than one copy of the AOTC novel out there.

But if it was a signed copy... okay, end the relationship.

16. Esplin9466

Esplin9466 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 27, 2002
    I agree with DarthKarde. Heh heh heh heh heh...

17. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Why are we resurrecting dead threads all of a sudden? :confused: :p

18. ImDaBudge

ImDaBudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    In this instance and all other instances of damaged goods (emotional and physical) it's best to FORGIVE. Even if you weren't interested in her would it really be worth your time to get her to remedy the problem. The best she can do is buy you a new book. The worst is that you could emotional devestate a wonderful human being. This isn't a grave injustice. It's a book, and a sub-par book at that. (I know it's Star Wars, and I love the EU as much as anyone but the AOTC novelisation was poor at best.) Let it go. Learn to forgive people their trespasses and you'll be much happier for it.

Sorry to rant like that. Far too many people in this world get wrapped up in being angry at others. It's depressing and really rather sad to see someone turn to hate because of an accident.

19. ImDaBudge

ImDaBudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    If it was a sign copy end the relationship

If it was a signed copy, don't. I'll send you mine.

20. Master_Obi_Dan

Master_Obi_Dan Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 2002
    or god sakes.

first of all its not about the looks.
    ppl who go for just looks r so shallow.

second of all it is just a book.
    yes episode 2 is a good book, as is the movie, but they arent to much different.

third of all, goto the library and hire out the book. if u miss it that much

and lastly just tell her how u feel whether ur angry, upset, happy and combined

21. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Now *this* is an interesting one! Hmm, my thoughts...

First off, I have about as much experience with girlfriends etc as a fly does of deep-sea diving, so feel free to ignore every word!

Imo? It's a book. She's a person. One is made of words from the heart, the other one is a heart that makes words. (My, I'm waxing poetic today!) You need to go to her and let her know there's no prob; in fact, I recommend buying another copy - if you care for her buy her one too, tell her now she can read it herself lol! That'd be sweet! (Otoh, it'd also be just the type of thing the dazed Dart would do, so that doesn't *necessarily* make it wise...) Bottom line, tho'; ppl are more important than boox! And make sure SHE knows it!

(I go against the concensus to kill her 8-} )

22. Jedi_Loon

Jedi_Loon Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 15, 2002
    Tell her ur not angry and forget it, books can be replaced people can't. She cud be the one...don't let her go
    Then again yr quite young (16 I believe) so don't be too serious about it...you've got plenty of time to work on her :)

23. Kyp_

Kyp_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 17, 2002
    *sigh* Does anyone realize that it's been almost four months since this guy posted it? and things might have changed a lot in the four months? :)

24. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    *sigh* Does anyone realize that it's been almost four months since this guy posted it? and things might have changed a lot in the four months?

No. And for one thing that changed, the thread author is banned right now. :p - But that's only temporary.

25. Duke-Dogwalker

Duke-Dogwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2002
    Edit: And by it, i meant the book, not the girl or sex. THAT costs about $200 per date, plus phone calls and all the trouble of keeping her your girl.

$200? Wow. That sounds like a bit more than a cinema ticket and a couple of pints down the local... ;)

ok, look you're a geek, I'm a geek, we are all geeks...

geek!?! Me? Who here is calling me a geek?? I'm fighting outside now. All of you.

I recommend buying another copy - if you care for her buy her one too, tell her now she can read it herself lol! That'd be sweet!

Don't do it! (Sorry JK!) Fact is, you're not happy about it. You dont't need to strike her down, but if you're just even nicer to her, she'll think you're a pushover. Now she might or might not be a nice girl, but if she's not then she'll take advantage of that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.