main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga AOTC OB1 tracks Jengo, how is it impossible in LAST JEDI?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Big skot, Apr 17, 2018.

?

If OB1 tracks Jengo in AOTC, doesnt that debunk the entire plot of LAST JEDI?

1. yes i agree

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. No I do not

9 vote(s)
    90.0%
  1. Big skot

Big skot Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2018
    If OB1 tracks Jengo in AOTC, doesnt that debunk the entire plot of LAST JEDI? They say its impossible and the First Order secretly figured it out? Makes no sense since the Jedi have been doing it for years. This Last Jedi plot makes no sense, do you agree?

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Only reason OB1 could track Jango is because OB1 put a tracker on Jango's ship. If he hadn't then Jango couldn't be tracked.

3. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    The Death Star also tracks the Millennium Falcon by securing a homing beacon to that ship. The difference is that there is no homing beacon aboard the Raddus but the First Order tracks them anyway.

The Last Jedi makes as much sense as any Star Wars movie.

Seagoat likes this.
  4. Big skot

Big skot Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2018
    How did they know there was no beacon on the Raddus? They were so shocked they were tracked and said it was impossible,...doesnt seem feasible.

5. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Actually, it's mentioned in "Rogue One", when Jyn and Casian are searching for the Death Star plans, there is a reference to hyperspace tracking technology. It appears that the Empire was researching how to track without tracking devices, but it took decades to perfect.

wobbits likes this.
  6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    For Leia to be so certain then you have to accept that she definitively knows that there's no trackers on the Resistance ships. It's really just moving the plot forward to Leia's dramatic "I know, and they did it" pronouncement. Would have been odd and dramatically inert if someone stopped to say "But what about homing beacons?" "We know there's no homing becaons on the ship because we ran the whazitscanner thingamabob."

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    Sarge likes this.
  7. Big skot

Big skot Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2018
    Its just that tracking ships have been such a big part of the trilogy films, seems absurd that this was so shocking. And yes youre right, im a writer, checking for a tracker wouldn't have worked for the material but plot-wise its absurd that theyre all so shocked and that the entire movie is based around this unthinkable discovery when the Falcon, Slave 1, all the great ships have been tracked. So they didnt use a tracking beacon, they bet the entire rebellion on that? Just another awful part of LAST JEDI.

8. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    It's shocking because the First Order doesn't have an agent who would put a tracking device on any fleet ship. Leia knew that the the only reason the Empire only sent four TIE Fighters instead of two dozen, was because they put a tracking device on the Falcon. Likewise, Jango's sensors on Slave I activated as soon as Obi-wan's tracking device fully activated itself when he came out of hyperspace and he realizes it could only be that way if Obi-wan had tossed a device on his ship as he was fleeing. None of the Resistance ships detected a tracking device, which meant that the First Order had a new trick up their sleeve.

9. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Editing Poll Responses.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  10. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    OHHHHHH

I dunno why, but I didn't get that the option "no" replaced used to be a connection to the yes. I only voted it because it didn't make sense to me lol

11. PadawanGussin

PadawanGussin Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 6, 2017
    Vader attempted the "brute force " type of hyperspace tracking that the F O eventually perfected in TLJ.
    My guess is that at the time of E S B the computers did not have the processing power to complete the computations.

12. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    If there had been a tracking beacon on the Raddus already, then the FO wouldn't have needed scout ships to locate it and the resistance base at D'Qar.