main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AotC on DVD on Monday...

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Blackout, Nov 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    You know how 'Clones' is out on monday on DVD?

Does anyone know if anywhere is doing any kind of special deal/offer on it? You know, like free posters/cds or stuff like that?

Only being the sad case I am, I usually rush out and but SW on the first day, pay full price and then notice WH Smith is doing it with a fiver off and a free cd or something. :(

If I know of any specials, I may just be able to hold off until I'm able to get to that particular shop...

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2. LadyVader81

LadyVader81 Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 2, 2001
  3. Charis

Charis Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 29, 2002
    I've decided to wait to see what is around - usually the stored have advertised the offers by now though.

4. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    I've had mine since last Sunday.

OMG Secret Underworld Connections!

BTW, it Rocks.

UKS

5. Az-Azzameen

Az-Azzameen Jedi Knight star 5

May 24, 2002
    Mine is 'packing' now... :D

6. Moylesy

Moylesy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 4, 2001
    I've had mine since last Saturday.

7. DARK_SCORE

DARK_SCORE Jedi Master star 4

Oct 26, 2000
    I'll have mine, erm, next Monday...

8. SadKen

SadKen Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2002
    I'm going to buy mine at 00:00:01 on Monday.

9. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Toys 'R' us are doing a deal whereby if you pre-order it you get an exclusive souvenir book, which based on the pictures of it contains a lot of concept art and storyboards.
    Other then that I don't think anyone else is doing any special offers, they should have advertised by now if they were.

10. Stuey

Stuey Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 30, 2002
    AH! my PC is busted! (i'm posting from school) i have to pay out about £50 to fix it so i may not have enough spare cash to buy AOTC! i may have a breakdown, i'm quite scared

11. SadKen

Nov 6, 2002
    I'd find the money. I'd gladly not eat so I can indulge my Star Wars habits.

12. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    I'm trying to figure out what stuff i can sell off (kidneys, lungs etc) to be able to afford it. I need enough vital organs left to appreciate the film but the rest is up for grabs! any offers?

13. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    Whats wrpng with your computer Stuey?

14. SadKen

Nov 6, 2002
    No thank you. Live off Tesco blue and white stripey beans for two weeks, instead of anything else. Then you'll have enough.

15. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    There's a problem woth the windows registry files so i can't open windows and actually use the computer so i just dumped it at the PC repair shop and ran away scared, little did i realise i may have to pay money for its repair which has to be spent on AOTC. So now i'm beggin, stealing, borrowing and selling so i can get it when i comes out. I may have to settle for VHS because it is probably cheaper and get the DVD at a later date, does anybody know how much the video costs?

16. SadKen

Nov 6, 2002
    I believe it costs 12 pounds and 99 pence from Woolworths. Although it may be possible to find it cheaper at HMV or Virgins.

17. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    Did you try to reformat it?

I am guessing here I dont know much on registry files but formatting it normally does the trick ;)

18. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    I just checked the virgin site and it's £15.99 in there. i'll go woolworths now. Are you sure i can't tempt anyone with a nice fresh kidney? the perfect xmas present for your loved one!

There is no way i know that i can get into reformat so i've left to the pros before i break it anymore but now it's interferring with my star wars life and i'm not a very happy bunny :mad:

19. SadKen

Nov 6, 2002
    Play.com do it on DVD for 16.99. I think CD-Wow do it for the same price, but their version is dual region 2/4 Europe and Australia, and therefore has the Jango headbutt scene on it.

20. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    hmm strange last time I had probs like that I was using windows 2000 never again.

:p

21. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    I don't know how long those sites take to deliver and if it doesn't come on monday it's pointless so i'll get the VHS if i can so i can rush right home and watch it 7 times (i saw it 8 in the cinema 3 times on opening day)

I'm using 95 because i've had some bad experiences with 2000 myself i went back to the most basic one which has never given me any problems, until now anyway

22. SadKen

Nov 6, 2002
    Yes. You're right. It is pointless. We must have the film the instant its out so we don't waste our time doing other activities when we could be watching AOTC.

23. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    95 isn't the best of platforms ;)

Infact windows isn't generally. 98 isn't too bad but I am upgrading from that to ME. I had that before and had no problems with it

24. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    What else would i be doing on monday other than watch AOTC? i can't think of anything else in the world i would rather do and i would regret it forever more if i didn't watch it as soon as possible

I've tried pretty much every Windows system running (ME was quite sluggish for some reason but i didn't have that much memory left) so i've stuck with ol' reliable 95 but now its all gone to hell :_|

25. Turr_Phennir

Turr_Phennir Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2000
    I haven't seen any special deals anywhere although some shops including Sainsbury's have had some big displays for the DVD :)

Apparently my copy was sent to me by Blackstar yesterday...but has yet to arrive :( Damn the Royal Mail!

And my LOTR Collectors DVD is also on its way :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.