AOTC on IMAX starting 11/1/02

Discussion in 'King of Prussia, PA' started by Calixte, Sep 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Since the KofP UA Theater has an IMAX I am assuming AOTC will show there!

I think we should get a group together for Friday evening, Nov 1 (if it IS showing there) and go!

Let's start getting a count so I can pre-order tix as soon as the theater is confirmed.
  2. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Count me for 1 adult & 1 child tickets please.
    Should we consider going to opening night in costume, since it is only the day after Halloween? I'm all for it, big surprise!!
  3. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    great idea!! costumes it is..if you are so inclined!
  4. JediElfQueen Jedi Knight

star 1
    If it's the same night as the KOP mall costumes I'll be Galadriel, but I'll still go in costume!! *hehehe*

Maybe I'll bring my 4 1/2 year old... he hasn't seen it yet. Hmmm... I'll have to think on that. Even though I've seen it 3 times in the theater, I still would be bummed to have to take him out if he got too scared.
  5. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It shouldn't be the same day as the KOP costume night, the mall told me that event would be in October for sure.
    I took my 4 1/2 year old son, Brandon, to see AOTC twice at the movies, and he loved it! They could even sit together if that is ok with you.
  6. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Have you guys gotten a definate answer from your theater? We aren't getting it in Pittsburgh an dwe are now looking for a place to take Road Trip to see it.
  7. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    They arent showing it in syracuse NY either, we are hoping for Rochester :(

8. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I have no confirmation of AOTC showing in any of our IMAX theaters. However, we do have 2-3 in the area. So I'll be sure to keep everyone posted. There's one a mile away from me in King of Prussia, PA at the UA and we also have the Franklin Institute IMAX theater downtown.

:)
  9. Jacen_Solo3 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Has anyone checked out the one in philly...I would think they would definately get it.
  10. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Theaters will not have any information for some weeks yet. Already called and none in the area can confirm or deny the AOTC showing. Something to do with contracts, etc...

11. JediElfQueen Jedi Knight

star 1
    We went to the KOP theater last night (saw My Big Fat Greek Wedding- funny!) and I asked the ticket taker if the IMAX was going to have AOTC's and she said yes!!! :)

Julia
  12. TenguJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Any Idea what tickets are running per person?

I know I'm interested and I know I can talk Em into it :D
  13. Rebel_Spook Jedi Master

star 4
    I know I'm likely to need a ticket, not sure if my wife'll want to bring a month old baby to an IMAX showing of AOTC.
  14. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    No word on ticket cost yet. But most likely no more than a normal movie ticket. At least that's how it works at the KofP UA IMAX.

I've gotten several emails from some of you about this event. What started as a small group of us getting together to dress up in costume and see the IMAX version is basically turning into a full-scale FanForce KofP Chapter Costumed event.

I think it would be really great if we could get a ton of people out in costume for this! It could be as much fun as the when AOTC originally opened. I am going to put out the invite to the 501st too. Also, the surrounding FF chapters will be invited, since IMAX theaters tend to be situated in larger metro areas. It is a Friday night so we should be able to convince folks to come out. We should also be open to allowing out of towners to stay at our houses. I am opening my house for people to stay that night. I live 2 miles from the KofP IMAX.

I'm calling on all of you to spread the word, get in costume and come out for a fun evening with the KofP Chapter! Bring your friends, kids, significant others. We'd love to see you in costume, but if not, come in your best SW t-shirt!

Let's make this a really fun time for all! 'Cause you know - we have to wait til 2005 to do this sort of thing again!

15. jackdoud Jedi Knight

star 1
    BAH! And yet again, I'm out of town for during a large Star Wars get together. Oh well, I guess college takes precidence. :) I just hope I can find a theatre around here or that it's still playing when I come back up in December.

Have fun everyone!

-Jack
  16. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    We will miss you Jack!!
  17. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    This just in...
    KofP IMAX will NOT be showing AOTC. The only regional theaters that will be showing it are in Nyack, NY near White Plains and Rochester, NY. Me and the NE RSA called all the IMAX theaters in PA, NJ, NY, MD, and DC and no one is getting it except the two mentioned above.

I would like to plan on the Chapter going on the weekend of Nov 1. Stay tuned for more details....
  18. TenguJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Crap! That may change whether or not we can go.. That really sucks!
  19. JediElfQueen Jedi Knight

star 1
    WHAT???? :( :( :(

The woman at the box office who told me they WERE getting it must not have known what the frell she was talking about...

There's no way our family can hike up to New York on a Friday night...

I guess this counts us out.

*pouts*
  20. JediElfQueen Jedi Knight

star 1
    Do we have any more info on when this will be and where? I've lined up babysitters for BOTH days so that I can try to go. *LOL*

Also there are some people in the Rebel Legion who would like to attend and are waiting information to make their plans as well...

Julia
  21. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    No info as yet other than the KofP chapter will be joining SW NYC at the Nyack, NY Imax theater. I do not know if the event will be one evening or two evenings. I'm waiting for info from our NE RSA.

22. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Count me out of this event folks, I already know I can't get a babysitter for that weekend. :-(
  23. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    This posted by SW NYC:
    Hey everyone! Star Wars NYC is planning a huge event to kick off the IMAX release of AOTC at the Palisades Center Mall, Nyack NY. It's about a half hour's drive north of NYC, just north of the New Jersey/New York border. Along with the Empire City Garrison and several other Garrisons of the 501st, we will be raising money and awareness for two charities -- OASIS, a local New Jersey food pantry that provides food to needy families.... and the New York-Presbyterian Children's Hospital.

Since it seems that many cities won't be getting AOTC IMAX, we hope to get people from other Northeast FanForces to travel to join us. We'd like to get an idea of which groups would be interested. If your group would like to attend this great event, please get your numbers to us ASAP. Thanks!

We will be there both Friday or Saturday, so feel free to join us on either or both days.

P.S. I know you guys are coming, but we wanted to officially invite you

>> I wrote back inquiring on start times. So, looks like if you can't go Friday the event will continue through the weekend on Saturday. Me, Iycis and some others are going on Friday. If you plan to go on Sat, let me know - I want to keep track of who goes which day. Thanks!
  24. JediElfQueen Jedi Knight

star 1
    Friday is better for us, so we'll go Friday night... GOing both would be too much... though it would be fun...

Maybe we can coordinate with others about when you're leaving so we can carpool or maybe do a caravan or something? Or at least just know when you'll be there...

Julia
  25. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Me, Iycis and Turo will already be in NYC so we are driving straight to Nyack from there.

I'm not sure who else is going yet.

Here is the theater address:
    4270 Palisades Center Drive
    West Nyack, NY 10994 USA
    Info: (845) 358-IMAX

I'm awaiting info on whether or not we get free admission b/c of helping with the associated charity events. Please stay tuned and DO NOT ORDER TIX! We hope to have info soon.

Also, tentatively, the associated events are supposed to start around 4pm.

Stay tuned for local hotel info too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.