main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN AoTC on IMAX

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Darth_TKD, Sep 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    As many of you know, AoTC will debut on IMAX on November 1, and run for around 7 weeks. Would anyone be interested in planning a group outing to the nearest IMAX theater at some point during those 7 weeks?

We tried to organize a trip to see it digitally, but that never really came together in time. I'm not sure where the nearest IMAX theater is, but I'm pretty sure both St. Louis and Indy have one. This would be a lot closer and easier to manage. If there's interest, I'd be glad to organize it, as I did with the defunct digital trip. Hopefully, it would work out this time.

It would probably be a good idea to discuss this at the meeting on Saturday. Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend again this time, so everyone please post your opinions. I will be at the Book Club meeting on the 24th, and I should be able to attend the October meeting (I hope).

2. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Just to let you guys know, we've been working on it and it has been confirmed that the Indianapolis IMAX is getting Attack of the Clones. We'd love to see you guys if you came up :D There is more information on it at the Indy board.

3. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    Thats so Wizard!
    It's on the agenda for Saturday.

4. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    I think it is a great idea! I think Indy is the obvious choice, since they are so active and have been helpful to us. Hopefully we could meet up with some of the Knights...

:D

5. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    I'll mention something to the peeps over on our board. Maybe we can have dinner or somethign before or after a viewing :) I personally would love to meet you all, and hopefully see B_B again too! :D

6. Darth_TKD

Jan 6, 2002
    Since there's interest, I need to know what days will be best for the trip. Everyone post your ideas, or e-mail them to me at darth@fanforce.net. Also, anyone willing to be a driver, please let me know.

Indy seems like the logical target, and it would be great if we could take the opportunity to get together with some of the Indy Knights. But, we'll worry about that once we get a date down.

7. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    It looks like the big event(opening night, Indy Knights in costumes, big crowd, etc.) will be Friday, Nov. 1. That is a Friday, and a Saturday trip probably makes more sense for us...But I am game for anything! I do think that the earlier in November the better due to Thanksgiving, etc. I personally have plans on the 16th.

We also need to think about whether this will be an overnight thing or not.

So, in a nutshell here are what I think are the best choices:

Nov. 1
    Nov. 2
    Nov. 9
    Nov. 8

What does everyone else think?

8. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I hope this link works. Just in case no one saw this news bit, IMAX is shorter!

9. Darth_TKD

Jan 6, 2002
    BUMP

Since this topic will no doubt come up at the Book Club meeting tomorrow night.

10. TC517

May 14, 2001
    I would rather go on a Saturday. It would be un-thinkable for a hard core Reitz guy to miss a football game, especially that late in the season. As far as which date, I don't have a preference right now.

11. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Just to let you know, we sort of will be at the theatre most of the weekend. One of our members is getting married and there may be a shortage of Imperials (like that's a bad thing?) ;) but we should be around. At least I probably will be for opening weekend.

Have any idea when you guys will be coming up? Right now it's looking like it's going to be almost a mini-Celebration will all the different people coming from all around here.

A Reitz guy missing a football game? yeah you guys always were a little hard core ;)

12. Fistofury

Fistofury Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002
    We're (Yoda Pimp and myself) are going to Indy the weekend of the 9th to visit relatives, but I don't know how many people have tickets to Creed in E'ville for that Friday.

13. Darth_TKD

Jan 6, 2002
    At the October 12 meeting, we decided to take the trip on November 8 to see the 4:30 P.M. showing. Everyone wanted to avoid opening weekend because of the crowds, and we all wanted to see a matinee so we will get back at decent hour.

Since the 8th is the second Saturday of the month, we will have the meeting slightly earlier than usual to allow for us to get to Indy in time. My thought is that we will leave directly from the meeting. Scott (our blue-typefaced leader) will definitely be a driver, and there's a possibility that a few others may be able to drive as well. If anyone else can be a driver, please let me know. We will split the cost of gas evenly amongst all those attending. Adult tickets to the movie (ages 12+) cost $10.50. All minors attending must have a permission slip signed by their parents/guardians, for liability reasons.

I need to get a head count of all those going, so I can figure out how many cars we need. I already have Cole, Scott, Katie and Chris (KronicleX) on the list. Anyone else who wants to go, PM or e-mail me (darth@fanforce.net).

14. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Sounds great! One thing, though. The second Saturday of November is actually the 9th. I knew we should have brought a calendar to the meeting! :)

Also, I will be posting the permission slip here on the boards soon, so all minors planning on going can print it out and get it filled out & signed. Stay tuned.

If any parents/guardians would have any questions about the trip or the club, please have them call me or e-mail me. PM me if you need my phone number.

15. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    That's great that you guys are coming up. I don't know if I'll be in town to welcome you because I may be going to Chicago that weekend to look at a school. Drive safely!

16. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Okay, here it is. This is a trip permission slip that has been used before by other Fanforces. Anyone under the age of 18 (eighteen) planning on going on this trip needs to print this form out & have it signed by their parent or guardian. Thanks.

E?ville Jedi
    TRIP PERMISSION FORM

I hereby give my permission for my son/daughter ________________________to
    participate in the following group trip.

To: Indianapolis, IN IMAX theater ?Attack of The Clones? viewing

Date: November 9, 2002

I also give the Trip Leaders: Scott Wilhelmus and Nathan Wheatley, the authority
    to sign for any emergency medical care in the event that it is needed.

Allergies and special known medical needs are listed below. (bee stings, allergies, etc.)

Emergency Phone #(s) where I can be reached during the above times:

17. Darth Maul 1277

Darth Maul 1277 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 16, 2000
    what school are you checking out shara

im from there so maybe i know of it

18. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    *smirks*
    U of Chicago.
    I'm currently in Grad school at the University of Indianapolis for Applied Sociology, but I want to go full time (which is near impossible in this program) and I want to change my major to Anthropology.

I'm also looking at IU. You guys have fun. Once again, I'll miss seeing you. Oh well. :) Drive safely!

19. Stackpole_The_Corpse

Stackpole_The_Corpse Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2002
    *BUMP*

*shudders* IU... :p

20. Darth_TKD

Jan 6, 2002
    Only one more week until we get to see a 50 foot Yoda (or more importantly, until we get to see a 150 foot Natalie Portman)!

It has been suggested that we have the general meeting at 9:30 A.M., and then depart for Indy at 10:00. Keeping in mind that they're an hour ahead of us, that'll put us up there an hour before showtime, plenty of time to ensure a pleasant viewing experience. If there is any change to this schedule, it will be posted.

Here is the list of definites, other than me, that I have down as going: Cole, Katie, Scott, and Adam (Adam, I will drag you there, if necessary). If any of you cannot go, please let me know. Chris (Kronicle X) also expressed interest in going, but I've not heard anything definite. So Chris, let me know.

Anyone else who wants to go must let me know before next Saturday. Speak now or forever hold your peace. Scott will drive his SUV, and I will probably drive a minivan. So, there should be plenty of room for anyone who wants to go.

In addition, all minors make sure you bring your signed trip permission form. If you don't, you won't be allowed to go.

21. TC517

May 14, 2001
    I'm sorry to say that I won't be able to make it. It is the last weekend before opening night of the school play and we are running a tech rehersal that afternoon. I should be able to be there at 9:30 for the meeting. If anyone who can't make it is interested, I will stick around and we can hold a longer meaning.

22. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    One more day!!! I gotta say I'm pretty fired up about seeing AOTC on a screen 5 times as tall as my house!

Plenty of room is still available for anyone to join us.

Just post here or let Nathan(Darth_TKD) or myself know. Once again, we will be meeting at Comic Quest at 9:30 this Saturday morning.

23. Nathan PTH

Nathan PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    Have fun guys. I caught it here at the Mall of Georgia Regal on Tuesday. The size will blow you away.

The cuts will make you want to scream. ::smirk::

24. Darth Maul 1277

Darth Maul 1277 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 16, 2000
    So how was it I anxiously await your reviews ;-)

25. Darth_TKD

Jan 6, 2002
    Scott (Wedgesothernephew) and I were the only two able to attend the trip (unfortunately, life saw fit to prevent everyone else from going). But, we did run into yodapimp and fistofury there, and the four of us sat together.

We got to the theater thirty minutes early, only to find the 4:30 showing sold out. The line to get into the theater itself was mind-numbing. So, we had to see the 8 P.M. showing, which made it a long night. After walking around the riverfront for a few minutes to kill time, we waited in the theater lobby, determined to get the best seats since we had to wait an extra three hours. If anyone else goes up there to see it, you would be wise to call ahead for tickets and arrive there at least an hour early.

As for my review, I will say only this: see AoTC IMAX if you have to crawl on your hands and knees up to Indy to do it. The size and detail were astounding. Words can't do it credit; you have to see it for yourself(forgive the cliche). As for the cuts, I missed a few (the intro scene in Palpatine's office and Obi-Wan in the library), but most were inconsequential. Some of the cuts, especially the excising of most of the Naboo scenes, actually improved the movie. Overall, and I think Scott will agree, it was a wonderful experience that was well worth the effort. If I have time, I may even see it again before it leaves the theater at the end of the month.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.