main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL AOTC Opening in Daytona Beach (Port Orange) area

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Forja-Bingbey, Mar 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forja-Bingbey

Forja-Bingbey Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2002
    I am a new user on this site. I am posting this message to let others who might or might not be interested in helping with a promotion at the theatre where I'm a manager. Basically, I am in charge of running promotions at the Port Orange 6, and would like to have fans come out in costume for the 12:01 Wednesday night screening of the print. If there are fans in the areas such as Deltona, NSB, St. Augustine, Ormond Beach, etc. I would like to encourage you guys to come out to my theatre because i can asure you that our presentation, outside of a digital presentation will be awesome. My company went ahead 3 years ago and put in a completely new sound system for our largest auditorium, including 8 track digital decoders, new speakers, The newest model of DTS, etc. I watched TPM several times in this auditorium and was really amazed at the quailty of the sound and picture. Back in 99 I also checked out the system at the local Regal 12 and was disappointed at there Sony SDDS set-up. I am trying to encourage people to come out because I have put together some great promotions in the past year. I did one for Pearl Harbor in which I was able to get about 45 survivors from pearl Harbor to come to the opening, and had them on hand for patrons to ask questions about that terrible day. During Harry Potter I located a 14 year old kid who was a magicain (and who just happened to resemble Potter) do magic shows between sets. And last I orginized for the Lord Of The Rings card game folks to come out and set up a tournement for expericenced users and new comers, also through a local comic book store I gave away mini-busts, posters, cards, and a real Sting sword. I am working on getting merchendise to give away from Lucasfilm and THX. So let me know if you and your friends are willing to come to grand celabration of Star Wars, and promise there will be no Ewoks banging on Stormtrooper helmets at this party.

2. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    Hey!
    My husband and I go to your theater all the time. :)
    I did some promos for a theater in orlando for Ep1. We'd be happy to join in any festivities for Ep2...however, if we volunteer our time, do we get to see the screening?
    You can email me details.

3. LianaMara

LianaMara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    I can most probably help. Just email me the specifics! ;)

4. Forja-Bingbey

Mar 12, 2002
    Thanks for the response. That cool that your regulars. I am currently working on getting some promotional material for the theatre, but alas I can't promise a sneek at the print before the 12:01 showing. When we recieved the Phantom Meanace in 99 Lucasfilm made it oh so very clear that only the projectionist who bulids the print and the manager of the theatre, which I am not, just a lowly assistant, are allowed to preview the film. I get to sit in the office and listen to it playing through the wall. However, I am trying to put together some activities to make the night some what interesting. If you have any ideas I would greatly appreciate them. 20th C Fox and Lucas don't put out promo books like other producers and distributor do. They call them managers contests. usually a big studio will put one together for a films release, New Line/Warners Bros. put one out for LOTR's in December. Dream Works had one for The Time Machine and 20th Century Fox just put one together for Ice Age. The overall effect is to promote films that need a little help. Films that the studio feel need more public awareness, Tomb Raider, Shrek, Planet Of The Apes, Dr. Doolittle 2, etc., etc. So, since Star Wars has such a hugh fan base to begin with, they feel it doesn't need help from theatre chains. But, that doesn't mean that we can't come up with our own stuff and have fun doing it.

I was thinking of having a costume contest would be the one obvious route to take. Giving away not only movie merchendise, but also resturant gift cards, and free passes to the theatre. We have a relationship with a local comic book store and they are willing to put some stuff up for grabs. Let me know what think and I'll get back to you. Or, if you prefer to reach me at the theatre, just ask for the assistant manager.

5. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    Hey!
    My husband and I were at your theater on Friday evening to see ET. I was going to ask for you after the movie was done, but when we got out there was a bunch of people in seats in the lobby...looked like some sort of training class, so we didn't want to disturb anyone. Maybe next week!
  6. Forja-Bingbey

Mar 12, 2002
    I'm sorry I missed you. yes, if fact we were having an employee meeting. Come by anytime. I work Wed-Sun, and I'm usually always there. I would very much like to talk with you guys about doing something for the 12:01 show and I'm not sure what I could do, but I talked with my boss about an early screening. So, we can discuss that in private and not on here. Hope to hear from you soon.

7. Forja-Bingbey

Mar 12, 2002
    I guess I have to post another reply. You can email me personally at horsedreamerfilms@hotmail.com. I know that the film is still weeks away, but I would like to see if we can do something before its too late. Let me know...

J

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.