San A, TX AOTC Pirates

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Ajax, May 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ajax Jedi Padawan

I was just surfing around on Ebay and people already have the AOTC bootleg on VCD and DVD. Can you believe that? What a bunch of pirates.

...meanwhile, ajax fights the urge to bid on the pirated DVD...

May the Force be with you.

Ajax
  2. THX1967 Jedi Padawan

I teach high school and many of my students have downloaded the movie. I vehemently denounced such actions and give them all a long lecture on pirated movies in general. In particular I discuss the futility of watching anything as important and visually grande as Star Wars or LOR on something as small and insignificant as a computer or tv.

I will only purchase the official Lucas dvd with all the sweet extras included.

Sith pirates suck!

May the force be with you.
  3. JediJSolo Force Ghost

star 4
    Just out of curiosity, where did your students download AOTC?

j/k :)
  4. darthroc247 Jedi Knight

Piracy will only hurt the consumer in the long run. It is, at the core of it all, theft. You're stealing someone else's work. Whether they get paid 100 dollars or 100 million makes no difference. It is still stealing. I feel that it is morally wrong. God told us not to steal. I'm sure those commandments weren't just a suggestion.
  5. THX1967 Jedi Padawan

In response to JediJSolo's question about WHERE my students downloaded the movie -

I went to school and asked my kids that very question. They taught me a great deal that day. But after seeing AOTC at the midnight showing I was faced with the critical question: should I actually post a response on HOW and WHERE to download the pirated copies? When I got to school today I spoke to an English teacher who told me she had a copy of AOTC already and she could make me a copy if I wanted one.

In that single moment I made my decision. Sorry to disappoint you, but I've taken a stand on this issue and there is no way in hell I'm going to accept a pirated copy nor will I contribute to this insanity by explaining, on-line, HOW and WHERE to download the pirated version of this beautiful and intense movie.

6. JediJSolo Force Ghost

star 4
    Um? THX1967, ?j/k? stands for ?just kidding?. I had no intention of actually getting you to answer that question. It was a joke (apparently, not a very good one).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.