main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW AotC Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Shara_82, Mar 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    I was gonna mention that, Syrix! :D

Incidentally, I can't believe I actually know where yours is in this sty...

*checks*

Yep, still there. :D

2. ROE_Biggs

ROE_Biggs Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    that would be sweet Tek. i'll bring all mine cos i haveno idea which oens are usuful

3. oblio_fett

oblio_fett Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2002
    :_| the current forecast calls for rain on wednesday night :_|

i don't know how it was here in sydney but it rained in line for tpm where i was which really sucked.

[fingers crossed] let's hope things change [/fingers crossed]

oh well... if it does, we can reenact the scene from the trailer ;)

4. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    Yeah, but there is no way i'm making the hissing noise

5. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    Geez, I didnt even THINK about what would happen if it rained....

6. ROE_Biggs

Mar 29, 2002
    hey guys ive hit a snag

i have to work till 6pm wednesday so no fun for me.

This means i wont be arriving till around the 7:30 8pm mark in full costume :)

7. Episode1WasntAnyGood

Episode1WasntAnyGood Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 27, 2001
    I will be getting there about 8ish I'm guessing. I'll have dinner at home and save the $25 for popcorn and a coke!!
    (I used to work at the hoyts there so lemme make some jabs at how expensive fox studios is!)

8. slaveone_2

slaveone_2 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 1, 2001
    I hope it doesnt rain, it would suck majorly if it did. I dont wanna get wet :(

9. ROE_Biggs

Mar 29, 2002
    im going to have to get extra ruckussy afterwards to make up for missing out during in the day.

10. oblio_fett

Apr 7, 2002
    ok 2 out of the 4 weather services who originally predicted er... forecasted rain are now saying partly cloudy.

whyadon't we let a let fate decide??? blue - it's no rain and red - it's no rain too

11. Sai-Mera_Saa

Sai-Mera_Saa Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2002
    Blast Hoyts and their inaccurate information!

If only my isp didn't go down last night I could have prevented this panic.

There WILL be an outside line, security is organising it, we will be first in it.

Nothing has changed. Hoyts have NO control over the line, where we can line up, or when we can start. They have NO power to disband any line that is started. Security have the final say and while they said final details will not be in till tonight, there WILL BE A LINE.

I will be starting it around 6am (ish) and would love some company. Oblio are you still in?

There will also be a queue for the Variety showing which my brother will start at 6 as well. Relief for that would also be appreciated.

Hoyts has refused to make arrangements for groups so they suggested that if we can get 7 or 8 people in by 7am then when midnight comes we will be allowed to use those people to reserve seats for everyone else in the cinema (by authority of the duty manager).

Nothing has changed from before Scream's hasty post. We do need about 7-8 people in by 7am so if you can still get there early please do.

I will post details about how to enter the complex tonight (regardless of whether my isp is working) for those of you going before 7:30am.

If I think of any other info before then I'll post it.

12. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Nice work Sai. If security allows the line, Hoyts can't do jack all about it. :D

I had an umbrella listed on my AOTC checklist a few days ago. Just in case. ;)

13. oblio_fett

Apr 7, 2002
    the shield is down! commence the line-up on hoyt's main cinema.

i told you he'd do it :)

yup i'll be there early. then later...

14. Sai-Mera_Saa

Sai-Mera_Saa Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2002
    Good stuff!

Yeah, I think I'll bring an umbrella as well.

Does anyone know how much it costs to park at Fox from Wed to Thur?

15. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    I'm not gonna park in the pay parking at Fox. Not until after 6pm when they change to a flat fee of $5.50 all night. During the day I'm gonna be parking on Lang Road, there's usually quite a few spaces just up from the Fox entrance. :D

16. oblio_fett

Apr 7, 2002
    ok... now just about all weather service boards are predicting partly cloudy :)

17. Uruk-hai

Uruk-hai Jedi Youngling star 5

Oct 26, 2000
    They also said Saturday would be fine and it rained all day on me while I was fishing. The Force is weak with the weather bureau, hard to predict the weather is, always in motion.

Ahem.

I don't know you guys from a bar of soap, so can someone please PM me with a mobile number as a last ditch method of contact just in case I can't find you all?

Or will you stand out like the proverbial dog's u-know-whats?

18. oblio_fett

Apr 7, 2002
    in the am: we'll probably stick out like the proverbial appendage (being the loud group bunched together in some quasipseudoqueuey type line thingie, quoting sw like crazy and raising a few eyebrows with the fox security).

in the evening: i won't have my mobile *with* me (unsnaps blaster in holster) though i get the feeling i'll be the one most people look for (for some strange reason...) before i get there - i dunno, look for the loud group bunched together who stick out like the proverbial appendage...

19. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    Or look for the group of nutter waving "practise staffs <snigger>" around like crazy :D

I hate uni, putting a practical on wednesday worth 15% of the subject

20. High_Marshal

High_Marshal Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    Will be there bright and early :D

Went there last night to pick up my tickets.
    The line will probably filter left (facing cinema) if outside - large area up to the 'grassy knowl' :)

Opposite cinema is seating area for food, next to cinema is Sports Bar - Though dont think can get drinks at 6.00am :(

Will be ther for both performances. 6.30 am in Cinema 1. Then the 12.01 am in Cinema 7.

Parking after 6 is $5.50 flat rate to 3.00am *should finish by then.

During day Max charge is $22. (hope they wont charge the exted 5.50 if there early).

Pity didnt come as Ackbar - He would like the water/rain!

If we were ther early they may even let us queue inside if rain pleeeze :(

p.s.Thinks, Kings has one Lightsabre left CountD's - saw it in the window , if anyone still need one.

21. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    mobile number sent as requested

i figure i'll only have it for another couple of months, so if a stalker gets a hold of it, then i'll just have to ward them off for a little bit

oops... to late :p

22. Uruk-hai

Uruk-hai Jedi Youngling star 5

Oct 26, 2000
    Don't worry about me. My stalking list is already full, what with Elle McPherson, Gwen Stefani, Kylie Minogue, Nicole Kidman......

To busy to add another, sorry.

23. outback_dewback

outback_dewback Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2002
    Hey there Midnight Session people! :)

I'll be in the Variety queue from about 2pm onwards (though I'm not going to the midnight screening after) and I will definitely keep an eye out for you guys as I'd love to say hi to y'all (if it's possible to leave my spot in the queue that is). ;)

Are any of you going to have a FFNSW sign or anything? Or am I correct in assuming it ain't gonna be too hard picking you out of the crowd? :D

24. ROE_Biggs

Mar 29, 2002
    it shouldnt be too hard to spot us.

i believe that someone was planning on making a banner of sorts but im not 100% sure

25. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    yeah, ki mentioned printing out a banner, but if it's raining i don't know how long it'll last

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.