main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW AotC Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Shara_82, Mar 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sai-Mera_Saa

Sai-Mera_Saa Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2002
    I will have a banner of some sort for the midnight queue. Someone is bringing t-shirts as well so look for those if you need to find us.

(who is bringing the shirts by the way?)

I'm working on getting us all in at once to the variety showing. I'll give you some info on that tonight.

Security has requested that the line start to the left of the ticket booth and progress up towards heritage park (to you left if facing the cinema). I plan to start the variety line next to that so we can be together.

More info on line pending (I have to contact security when I get home from school).

Hoyts has explicitly stated that the outside line will not be let inside until they have dismantled whatever is set up for the Variety showing. Even if they did lets us in earlier they'd have to kick everyone out then anyway so there is little point pressing the issue. If it rains we might be able to find some cover (any suggestions for those who know their way around Fox Studios) else bring plenty of umbrellas...

...and smile anyway - it's Star Wars!

2. oblio_fett

oblio_fett Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2002
    there are some of us who prefer to be outside anyway... at least until just before the screening.

3. ROE_Biggs

ROE_Biggs Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Oblio how are oyu going to survive in that tin can, i get hot jsut in my robes

4. Sai-Mera_Saa

Apr 18, 2002
    That reminds me, who's bringing their car?

We're not allowed go be in costume for the Variety showing so I'll have to stash my stuff until after I come out of that.

5. oblio_fett

Apr 7, 2002
    it's not easy which is why i'm only wearing it in the evening. there are three layers in addition to the bucket head

6. ROE_Biggs

Mar 29, 2002
    i understand why

i'll psot soem pics of my costume in a bout 20 mins.

7. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    I'll be there around 9ish still. I havent met you earlybirds yet, so I might have a hard time finding you?

Hence, maybe you can find me...I'll approach the queue....I'll be dressed as Dooku, however my beard is black, I will have my cape in hand (not wearing it yet), and a Dooku sabre as well...

Any chance if you see me, you can just yell out to me?

EDIT: My cousin might be with me at that stage...if he is, I think he will be going as Sidious, so we would be easy to spot.

8. oblio_fett

Apr 7, 2002
    why, is he glowing blue like a holo-projected image? ;)

9. Darth_Dagsy

Nov 18, 2000
    Nope, but when you see him blow his head off by using force lightning while picking his nose, you'll know its us ;)

10. ROE_Biggs

Mar 29, 2002
    sorry that there isnt much light, bad weather today :)

[image=http://home.kooee.com.au/yvette/dsc0002.jpg]
    [image=http://home.kooee.com.au/yvette/dsc0008.jpg]
    [image=http://home.kooee.com.au/yvette/dsc0010.jpg]

what you guys think?

11. Darth_Dagsy

Nov 18, 2000
    I think genetics has blessed you with a small....lightsabre.

12. ROE_Biggs

Mar 29, 2002
  13. oblio_fett

Apr 7, 2002
    i don't think a true jedi would need a heater...

otherwise it looks good! hey, are you bringing a gridiron ball tomorrow?

edit: oh yeah, and the tunic goes left over right :p

edit#2: and i really like photos dsc0006.jpg & dsc0007.jpg

14. ROE_Biggs

Mar 29, 2002
    i cant get there until 730- 8pm because of work.

i can still bring it then but it would be kinda pointless :)

fortunately AOTC is wednesday because thursday night we are having a midnight opening for game cube and final fantasyX argh!

15. maestrino

maestrino Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    Lookin good, Biggs.

OHMYGOD!!!!! Guys I'm so excited now!!! Its so close!! TWO DAYS LEFT!!!!

And Brett's seen it already and has been telling me choice very small spoilers to whet my appetite.... not a bad thing, I don't think..... like he told me the coolest COOLEST thing about Yoda..... eeeeeeeee!!! I just can't wait!!!!

:D :D :D

(See Shar? Told you I'd get excited eventually....) ;)

Oh - and for the people turning up at night, we'll just join the group at the back of the line, right?

16. ROE_Biggs

Mar 29, 2002
    thanks Oblio.

i assume we just jump on the end of the line

17. slaveone_2

slaveone_2 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 1, 2001
    Oh yeah! My yr co-ordinator is the best!

He's this old guy who's the coolest. I found out he was the one who tore up my detention form, which means I'll be there an hour early tommorow :)

18. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    Scream Man Here:
    OK, so we can line up then. Damn i wish the people who worked at hoytes would actually TALK to one another!

I have a suggerstion for how we can do this whoile group thing. When u get into line, make sure u have atleast 2 other people with you. Then, when people arrive behind u, say that u are there and holding place for a couple of friends.

When people arrive, no matter when it is, i suggest first going to the first few FFers in line and talking to them. If they say "Join us" u know that they can fit u in there. If they dont bring it up, then move to the next group of FFERs, and so on and so on until u find a group that can reasonably add u to it. That way we'll be filling from the front first and we'll get people in there ASAP>

Now according to hoyts there are (I think im remembering this right) 15 chairs to a row, so we need 4 rows. Again, dont grab em at the front, get them slightly back of where the absolute best seats are so u doint piss people off to much.

19. ghost_dog

ghost_dog Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    ok guys will there be a queue for each cinema or one big queue... anyone know?

20. High_Marshal

High_Marshal Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    Guess 2 queues : 1 for 6.30, 1 for 12.01

The entry to Hoyts is all through same main entrance - inside you go right for cinemas 1-7 and left for cinemas 8-11 .

It would be easiest if they filter everyone when they get inside and just have 2 queues outside.

11.5 Hrs until we start lining up :D

21. Sai-Mera_Saa

Apr 18, 2002
    Ok to answer all questions.

To find us look for a guy in a read beanie near a guy in a purple jacket (me and my brother).

There will be two lines as High_Marshell said: one for 6:30 one for 12:01.

Fox security has decided to revise their plan. Due to shift changes people will not be allowed to enter before 7am. Officially the complex opens at 10am, but management has agreed to let us in if there is not a huge crowd and we don't cause trouble for the cleaning people.

I definitely like Lumpé's idea. Everyone go with that. If you need info come up to the front of the line and talk to us, well keep abreast of the latest.

The more people we get there at 7 - 7:30 the better. Hoyts has agreed to allow us to save rows as Lumpé suggested if we have about 7 or 8 people there in the early bunch.

I'll still be at Fox around 6:30 to check things out, if anyone is arriving then. The entrance we will be using is Gate A. If we assemble there security should let us in at 7 as planned.

Please ask questions in case I've forgotten anything important.

22. Kehleyr

Kehleyr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    I might come and join you all for a bit in the morning just to say hi and what not...

23. Sai-Mera_Saa

Apr 18, 2002
    Alrighty. I'll pay you then if you have the ticket.

24. ROE_Biggs

Mar 29, 2002
    that sounds like the best idea.

hopefully i recognise the few FFers ive met :)

25. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    Yeah wasnt Lumpés idea a good one? ;)

Anywho, Ill be wearing black pants, white tshirt and a red Spiderman button up shirt over the top. Lin, Carm and I will be arriving at AROUND 1030-11.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.