AOTC Plans...

Discussion in 'Milwaukee, WI' started by Mauler_II, Mar 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mauler_II Jedi Master

star 3
    I sure hope this forum picks up soon....

Back when TPM was released I met a bunch of people at the Westtown theatre. We were in line together for tickets and for the midnight opening showing. We were also interviewed by a Journal/Sentinal reporter - Gemma Tarlach (sp?).

If any of you are reading this and would like to get together for the movie let me know.

Beyond that I would sure like to know what everyone's plans are. It may be easier to get the tickets through the internet rather than standing in line - though I would actually rather stand in line. I had a blast in the TPM line!

-Mauler
  2. Bujo Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I personally have had 0 luck when trying to purchase on-line. I'm hoping one of my friends is planning on standing in line again for the movie, otherwise I may have to what a few days to see it. I have GOT to see a Star Wars movie on the Ultrascreen!
  3. solo414 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I'm in Oshkosh until the 16th for school, but the 17th-20th I'd be able to go. I have absolutly NO friends that like Star Wars so I'm definatly looking for some people to go with who appreciate the movies. Thanks!
  4. marajoan Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I work third shift so there is almost zero possiblitly of going opening night. Anyone intereste in going on the weekend, contact me.
  5. TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I'm hoping to go to the West Town for the first showing, since I'm planning on making a mini-documentary on waiting in line. Lets just hope my camera works with me...and I can find a power outlet!
  6. SkyJammer Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Mauler? That you?

Yes, it is I, returning to the boards after who knows how long.... I'm staying away from the SW Fandom mostly because I don't want to be spoiled about anything. Hasn't worked, and even by posting here I see things that I didn't want to see. Ah, well... I suppose after seeing pictures of the toys at Toy Fair, I shouldn't be that concerned about images, but, well, what can ya do?

I decided to visit here once again after seeing that people had hit my site from theforce.net. So I got intrigued and decided to see what the Milwaukee Boards were up to. More activity than my boards ever got. ;-)

Anyway, my plans for AOTC are up in the air at the moment. I don't even know for sure if there's a midnight showing, but if so, I'd like to go to that. (It *is* May 16th, right? See, I'm so out of touch that I don't even know that....) A good friend of mine lives in Wausau and he has suggested that we see it in his home town, if there will be a showing there. If not, he may drive down to Milwaukee, but then maybe not go until that night.

So.... I haven't a clue. Hopefully by the opening I'll know what's going on.

No guarantees of that, of course. ;-)

-SkyJammer
  7. Mauler_II Jedi Master

star 3
    Hey Skyjammer!!

Good to hear from you again!

I just ordered my celebration II stuff - I am SOOO pumped!

I plan on seing AOTC midnight - actually the night of the 15th. I'm sure the Westtown Ultrascreen will be playing it.

If you have time head over to the art museum on April 13th - there will be a fan force meeting there. It is discussed in a bunch of other thread here if you want more info.

8. SkyJammer Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Alas, it doesn't look like I'll be going to Fan Celebration II. I had asked a few friends if they wanted to go, but none of them got back to me. And now, I've got other plans for that weekend (including a concert I need to play for.)

I'm still hoping to do the midnight showing; I just have no idea how I'm gonna get tickets. Don't think I'll be able afford to take the vacation day to stand in line, even though 3 years ago I said I would.

And April 13th, huh? Something's going on that day for me, but what I can't exactly remember....

It'll come to me, I'm sure. Probably on April 14th. :)

So, hear from anyone from the TPM lines? I haven't heard from anyone in probably at least a year.

-SkyJammer
  9. Mauler_II Jedi Master

star 3
    Nope - I haven't heard from anyone since TPM.

Do you have any of their addresses?

We should probably continue this conversation via email...
  10. DarthMak Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I live in West Allis by Milwaukee and all of my friends hate Star Wars, and I have really have nobody to go with to see AOTC multiple times. I know my brother would go with me for one time, maybe my nephew would like to. I really don't know.
  11. TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    We both work second shift, but have requested to get out early on May 15th, and take the 16th off. Since we work second shift, if tickets go on sale at noon like the last time, we should be able to be in line well before then. If anyone can't wait in line, and wants to go at the Marcus theater in Oak Creek at midnight on the 16th, we can try to get them. Also, someone said something about seeing it on the weekend. Chances are, we'll want to go see it again, maybe a trip up to the Ultrascreen. We'll probably see it multiple times like TPM, especially if this one is better, which it looks to be.
  12. que4zone Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Hhmmm.. Maybe, we all can meet that weekend (like a meeting, I guess). .. And go watch it for the second, third or fourth time. Then get together afterwards and yakk about it.. It's an idea.. That could be our third meeting and we would be Official then.. huh?? huh??.. Well... It's just a thought..
  13. solo414 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I love that idea! Espicially since I can't see it until then. I'm all for it. ~~megHAN~~
  14. jedisister Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Hey Que4, good idea!! For those coming on the 13th, we can discuss further then, for those not coming on the 13th, if you haven't heard, 1p.m. Milwaukee art Museum, please come ALL welcome. Dumb question here, what's the Ultrascreen? and somebody please refresh my memory, West Town is in??? Brookfield? or no? and what makes ultrascreen so great? thanks for the answers in advance :)
  15. Bishop76 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Brookfield sounds like a grand idea - especially since it's a couple miles from my house. The ultra screen is such a big deal cuz it's the biggest, newest tech advance in film recently. It's something ridiculous like a ten foot tall screen. Looks awesome, though. I've already taken a vacation day for AOTC release, so I'll be there (and in line).

I've also got some old footage from when I was in college and did a mockumentary on waiting in line for the episode IV re-release. Don't recall who was looking for that, but let me know if you need some footage.
  16. mirrax Jedi Youngling

star 1
    listen guys, it's great that you want to see it on the mega screen, but i would advise seeing it on a regular screen first - then see it on the ultra screen. the ultra screen can be overwhelming and its way too much to take in at one time!
  17. Mauler_II Jedi Master

star 3
    I disagree - I saw TPM there opening day and it was incredible.

Although I could see that happening if you were sitting too close.
  18. Bishop76 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I too disagree - it's a pretty amazing experience when viewed from the direct center of the theater and back - but good luck getting seats like that for AOTC...
  19. jedisister Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Do you think if we all go on the weekend it will still be difficult to get seats? Like at a matinea? In Brookfield I mean.
  20. que4zone Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Hey everyone!! Thanks for the thumbs up on the third meeting idea.. Seems like most of us know where we want to go for the AOTC.. For the TPM I stood in line in Marshfield in the morning to the afternoon.. But I really wanted to attend a midnight showing somewhere.. Is anyone doing that??..

P.S. - Please check out the website I made for us Click Here!! and let me know what you think (also, I'll add you to the member list).. okay.. Thanks everyone..
  21. Mauler_II Jedi Master

star 3
    I plan on going to the midnight showing at the Ultrascreen. Though there have been some rumors lately of Lucus "not allowing" midnight screenings. i find that very difficult to believe.
  22. solo414 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Que- The web site ROCKS! You did an excellent job of putting that together. KUDOS! ~~megHAN~~
  23. Bujo Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I'm in for whatever the first showing is. Depending on when tickets go on sale, I may have to utilize somebody to pick me up one. My working schedule is so tight that I can't afford to take a vacation day to get a ticket. Such is the way of things I guess.
  24. solo414 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    The only way I can go opening day is if I go in Oshkosh. I can go opening weekend though, if we're still planning that. ~~megHAN~~
  25. jedisister Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I would love to go to a midnight showing, but I don't think that'll work out. :p
    But anything on the weekend or Fri day or night could work.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.