main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC premere

Discussion in 'Archive: Fresno, CA' started by Jedi-Finney, May 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    my group is all in theater 12, valens and i and my g/f...

2. Jedi_DuoMaxwell

Jedi_DuoMaxwell Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2002
    Yea glh and I are really good friends. I consider him one of my best friends as I do all of my friends, but I don't know what they think. But if you know anyone who would like to swap tickets with me that would be great because I want to have some one to talk to instead of stand there by myself.

3. Jedi_DuoMaxwell

May 9, 2002
    While waiting in line we should all have a lightsaber fight with the electronic ones. Just for fun and Finney you could tape that on you camera. That would be so fun. Then we can see how many people stare at us. Oh and we can do that to try to get on the news. Hell ya that would be fun. I would beat you all a lightsaber fight because ever since I was six I have studied all of the moves and I have trained myself to fight using a saber (that includes the blade never touching my body at any point, ariel attacks, normal and special attacks, and blocking.),

4. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    valens and i both have E.L. lightsabers from parksabers.com, when it gets to be late we will turn them on and fight with them!

5. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    Are the theatre assignments based on the date you purchased the tix, or when you pick 'em up?? I purchased my tix 5/5 from Fandango.com, but I cannot get to Fresno to pick them up until Monday, 5/13. Anyone know??

.....And Jedi_Duo, it'd be cool to have saber battles. I'll make sure to bring one for dueling. In my group, most of us are bringing just the hilts for costume decorating, but I'll bring one to duel as well.

6. Jedi_DuoMaxwell

May 9, 2002
    Hey finney I checked out parksabers.com and I was wondering if you or someone you know that has ordered from that sit if one of you have an extra saber (from that site) that I just might be able to buy (if anyone can part with an extra) for under $100. To admit, i'm only 15 and I would have to work my a** off just to come up with at least $30-$50. So as you can see I cannot come up with $200+ before AOTC and I don't have 6-8 weeks bofore AOTC either. But if someone could sell me an extra one that they have than I could meet them at the theater to pay them and get the saber. And I know that I can at least $100 before Wendsday 1. because I'm desprate and 2. because I have a lot of things that I can sell. so please if you or any of your friends or anyone you know please sell me one for under $100.

P.S. If no one has an extra I won't get mad cause i'm not that kind of person and to confirm this just ask glh3586.

Another P.S. I am not trying to pressure anyone into selling me a saber. And I hope that no one gets or is made at me for asking. If you are mad than I am truly sorry.

7. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    i do indeed have a parks saber, the fury model, but no way i will sell it for 100... i was actually thinking of selling it and getting one from lightechindustries.com but i will not sell it for less than 250... its my baby!

8. Jedi_DuoMaxwell

May 9, 2002
    Thats ok, like I said I won't get mad if no one can sell me one. Just as an update I am up to $34. If it is ok with anyone who could sell me a saber. I can pay the person that sells me one however much I can get by wendsday and pay that person the rest of the money after I get a job in July. Because on July 1 I will become 16 and I will go to get a job on July 5. So I can buy a saber from someone in Fresno for full price and can pay them in part at the movie and pay them the rest in July. If anyone would allow me to pay like this I promise that I will pay the rest. Once again you can ask glh3586 to confirm I am telling the truth.

Finney do you think that I could pay in this way? I won't be mad if you don't trust me enough to pay you or anyone this way because I don't really know any of you and none of you know me.

Plus I am sorry for sounding desprate and/or immature and/or annoying but I am trying to get a good lightsaber before the movie and I start to sound desprate when I am in a rush.

And I am still looking for someone to swap tickets with me. If I can't find anyone to swap with me than I will go early and lightsaber duel people for their tickets. And if I can't buy a parks saber from anyone than anyone I duel will recieve whatever money i have at that time and that person and we don't swap tickets if they win. But if they loose than all we do is swap tickets.

Only 2 days and 14 hours left until we enter the theater to see the movie.

9. Jedi_DuoMaxwell

May 9, 2002
    Just to make sure that I am understood. If I can a park saber from some one. I can pay whatever money I get before the movie and pay that person the rest of the money in July. If I can pay this way than I can buy the saber for $200+ instead of $100+.

If any of you will sell me a saber I can pay full price but only if I can pay in the way that I have discussed otherwise i can't buy one.

10. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    Finally, today, Monday, 5/13/02, @ 10:47am, the Edwards/AOTC debacle is settled. I was able to travel to Fresno this morning, with DarksiderGeorge, and we picked up out tix. We even went as far as to discuss with the manager the Hell this has been to secure tix, and also the poor communication we've had with the theatre. We have but one minor detail to attend to, that of trying to secure 1 more ticket for a buddy. We were told another screen will be opening up later on today (Later from 11am this morning). One of us was to contact the theatre later in the day to confirm. If anyone is out there wanting tix still, you may want to check in with them. We'll see everyone in line Wednesday night, and then in Theatre #12.

11. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    cool, valens and i are in theater 12, when are you going to be in line? and duo, i'm sorry but if i am to sell my saber, i would have to have all the money up front. why dont you just buy one of the toy sabers from target or whatever? seems like they are more in your price range.

12. Bender

Bender Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 6, 1999
    I also need to do some ticket swapping, though I don't think my situation will help yours Jedi_DuoMaxwell.

Me and my friend have tickets for theater 12, but my brother's ticket is for theater 10. So I need someone who has either a ticket for theater 12 to trade for a 10, or two 10's to trade for two 12's.

13. DarksiderGeorge

DarksiderGeorge Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 29, 2002
    Greetings my Fellow Fresno Disciples, its the Darksider, proud as all hell to participate in the festivities with all of you!! Jedi Finney, I shall see you guys around six o clock or so. I have gone through some headaches to get the damn tix, but here we are, Jirin and company.... BTW, what are you guys dressing as? I am suited up as a darksider cant miss me and my Exar Kun like black long hair. I cannot wait to see you all!!

14. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    Hey DSGeorge, can I borrow your hair, since my costume is more close to Exar's? :D We may be harrassing folks for ticket trades as well, as one of our friends has an odd ticket from the rest of us. If there are any solo fans who will be at the Midnight showing who wouldn't mind trading, the group of 5 arriving from Merced (Consisting of myself and DSGeorge)around the 6:00pm mark would be most appreciative. Especially the big guy with the Vader mask.;)

15. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    valens and i will be dressed as jedi knights. we will be there far before 6pm though, cant wait to meet all of you.

16. Jedi-Animal

Jedi-Animal Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2002
    I'll be at Edwards to check out these battles before I head over to Broadway faire for the premiere.

17. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    I'm not so sure about the duels now. I'm having a major dilemma with what saber to take with me. My plan was to take my Maul double-bladed saber with me, replacing the red saber portions with blue saber portions (a la Exar Kun). However, my town for some reason is SOLD OUT of Anakin's lightsaber, and I have never seen the "Saga" series Obi-Wan sabers here. Therefore, no blue sabers in my double-bladed hilt. I had then thought of putting the red saber portions from the Maul saber into 2 Qui-Gon hilts, but, no belt clip. What I think I have finally decided is removing one saber portion from the Maul saber, and just go with one blade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.