AOTC Premier Plans

Discussion in 'Milwaukee, WI' started by Mace_Master, Apr 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mace_Master Jedi Knight

Is the club planning anything for the night of the premier?

If not, is anyone planning on seeing it at Northshore (marcus theater in Mequon) or a nearby theater?
  2. cruznseal2 Jedi Knight

star 2
    i'll be going to north shore sometime Thursday. lemmi know if you wanna hook up.

as a group i think we're planning to see the movie sat. at the ultra screen in brookfeild. hopefully we'll nail down details this sat. at our next meeting.

-mike
  3. TheWampas1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    We're going to try and see a midnight screening at South Shore in Oak Creek if there is one (There was for PM, in four or five theaters). And, being what we are, might go to try and see it again since we did that with PM on accident (had tickets to 10:30am, then Marcus put midnight tickets on sale, and we wouldn't have been able to live with ourselves if Star Wars was showing and we were sitting at home so...) So if anyone wants to go there (Theater 5 is the THX one, by the way) we wouldn't mind company.

4. jedisister Jedi Master

star 3
    As far as opening night, its "everyone for themselves" since some of us who would love to see it, just simply can't. Work, kids, etc. BUT, we are sort of planning to get together and have our 4th meeting being to see AOTC Sat. May 18. I think we will get things more finalized at the 3rd meeting on May 3, at the Celebration. So far, the plan is to see the movie at Westowne on the ultrascreen (as mentioned)early in the afternoon and then go for a late lunch/early dinner at a nearby restaurant. More details will be hammered out at the 3rd meeting, so watch for posts hear and a notice at the website.
  5. BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think those of us who can make it to opening night should get together at that time and call it a meeting. And I'm sure there are some people who would rather go to a theater closer to home, but there's no reason we can't have more than one meeting at more than one location.
  6. Figrin_D_an Jedi Knight

star 1
    I plan on going to the midnight show and perhaps a 7 PM show at the Westown Ultrascreen. That will probably be the most popular spot in the area to see the film, so there seems a good chance that several people could meet up just before hand. There is also the ticket line... if we finally get any word on advance ticket sales from Marcus Cinemas...

I also intend on going to the larger group viewing on the following Saturday.

7. Mace_Master Jedi Knight

cruznseal2

I'm going to see a few of the other gamers are planning to see it opening night. If so, my plan is to see the midnight showing.

We can talk about it more at the next RPG game.
  8. D-Man Jedi Padawan

Myself and 2 or 3 of my friends will be attending the Midnight at Westown Ultrascreen, or at least thats the plan. The backup theater will be anywhere we can get tickets for midnight.
  9. TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    My plans (so far) are for the midnight at the Ultrascreen.
  10. BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  11. Bishop76 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'll save spots for anyone who wants one. I'm intending to camp out and call in sick with a really bad migraine the day the tickets go on sale, so anyone who wants in let me know and I'll make sure the people behind me are made aware.

Jeff
  12. milaub Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm the projectionist at the Fond du Lac Theatre. I'm 90% sure I've convinced my boss to do a midnight showing. Star Wars will be showing on a beautiful 60 foot screen at our new theatre, with Dolby Digital EX sound. Anyone close to Fondy should make the trip and make sure our first ever midnight showing is a success!! I'll post again to let you know for sure if we're having the showing.

Mike
  13. Idaara Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'll be at Marcus Northshore. I live in Menomonee Falls, but due to some ordinance or anoher that prohibits loitering, they don't sell midnight show tickets for here. So I make the long drive to Mequon. :) So count me in Mace_Master.
  14. Mace_Master Jedi Knight

You just brought up a good point I need to check into. I just assumed that any marcus theater that had the movie would run a midnight showing. I'm going to make sure Northshore is running one, and if not, Mayfair Mall might be the next good bet (even if it is a bit of a drive).

By the way, please don't yell at me for assuming things!!!
  15. solo414 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm 99% sure Northshore would do a midnight show. They did one for TPM and it sold out in 15 minutes. They'd be stupid not to.
  16. HiroPotagonist Jedi Padawan

hey milaub,

If that showing happens you should let me know... I could make it to Fondy for a midnight showing.
  17. milaub Jedi Knight

star 1
    It looks very very likely we'll have one, and I'll know for sure tomorrow, so I'll post and let ya know. For episode 1 we had a kind of poor turnout for out first showing, so I'm hoping a midnight showing will do very well as opposed to an afternoon showing the next day. I am so excited right now!! My boss just offered me a ticket for the Episode 2 screening this thursday (5-2) in Waukesha!!! I couldn't be happier. He was sent 2 tickets, and needed to find someone to bring, and since I shamelessly let my Star Wars obsession be very well known, he picked me! It says it's at the Marcus Westown - Waukesha. For those of you who have been there.. is it a nice Theatre? Is it easy to find? Thanks!!!

Mike
  18. solo414 Jedi Master

star 4
    I am SOOOO jealous! I would give anything to go to an advanced screening. You are SO lucky. Enjoy the movie and think of all of us while you're enjoying!
  19. jedisister Jedi Master

star 3
    Do a little dance, sing a little song,...ok weird I know, I'm just so happy!!! I actually get to go to a midnight showing!! My dear, sweet, wonderful mom is going to be w/the kids so I can go!!! So, who's going where exactly and when? (Line time I mean and are you getting tics in advance? can you? never done this b4 just call me clueless!! I'll go anywhere so long as I can go even to Fond Du lac. Only 45 mins. away for me.)Westowne, same distance, Northshore bout 1/2 hr. So I'll go anywhere. Let me know, please!!! I'd love to hang out w/some of you if we met on the 13, cool if not, that's ok too!! :)Just SOOOO excited that I can actually go opening night!!! Never thought it'd happen. Ok, I'm done carrying on now.
  20. Bishop76 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, I know I'm going to the midnight (or I'm going to try to) here in Brookfield (Westown) and I'll probably be camping out for tickets. I don't know what the limit on tickets is going to be right now, but I should still be able to pick some up (assuming a 12 ticket limit like they had with TPM). Right now I'm getting myself probably 3-4 tickets (I took off on the 16th to see multiple shows) which leaves about 8 spots open.

Anywho, since this is all conjecture at this point, I'll post again when the actual info is out for ticket sales. But, I'd be glad to help anyone who needs it.

Jeff
  21. SkyJammer Jedi Knight

star 1
    Greetings, all.

I am going to need help in getting at least 2 tickets for a midnight showing. I will be unable to take off work to stand in line for tickets thanks to needing 2 weeks prior notice and there not being any word on when tickets will go on sale.

If there is no midnight showing, I'd want to get to any showing on opening day, most likely the first showing. I've got a friend coming from Wausau and he has taken off that Thursday in the hopes I can get a midnight or early morning ticket.

If you can help, I'll be most grateful. :)

Oh, and hi, Figrin_D_an. Long time no see.....

-SkyJammer
  22. Sreya Force Ghost

star 2
    Mike, if it would help convince your boss, I've got at least a group of 12 looking for a local theater with a midnight showing. The group will most likely grow, I just started getting names together tonight. And we've even got a ticket campout team pulling together if needed. :)

Sreya
    Ripon, WI
  23. Mauler_II Jedi Knight

star 3
    I will be joining the line for the midnight showing at the Ultrascreen. It sounds like we will have quite a few people from the group doing the same thing.

When TPM came out I got in line the morning tickets went on sale and didn't have a problem. However, if anyone (like Bishop) is planning on camping out the night before I can bring some hot chocolate (or lemonade as the weather dictates) and hang out for a while.

Once the official announcement is made we can make more specific plans.

Tracey - let us know if you need tickets. The Ultrascreen is the best theatre in SE Wis (IMHO) and would HIGHLY recommend seing it there. For the TPM opening there were spotlights, reporters, and VERY enthused fans. It had a very "Hollywood opening" feel to it.
  24. jedisister Jedi Master

star 3
    Thanks Dan!
    I PMed Jeff and asked if he could get me a ticket and he agreed!! Much to my overwhelming delight!! I'm going to see if I can maybe get down there earlier check in w/you all and then come back after the kids are in bed! Not sure if I'll actually be able to pull that off since one child goes to school in the middle of the day for only a few hrs. and I gotta get back for the bus. But, I'll leave here as soon as both of them are asleep which hopefully will be before 10.(no, they don't actually go to bed that late, just takes that long for them to go to sleep)Anyway, I'm really looking forward to going and hope its as awesome as last time(at least from what I've heard anway ;))Actually, it will be for me regardless of what the theatres do, I'll be among fellow fans and new friends, what could be better!!
  25. Idaara Jedi Knight

star 3
    Why stand in line for tickets? Marcus premiered it's telephone ordering for TFM, and now you you should be able buy them online when they go on sale. I didn't stand in line last time, I kept dialing until I got in and got mine, and it only took me about 12 minutes. Okay, granted if you don't have a credit or debit card, it can be a problem, but otherwise, why stand in line? The only line I was in was the one to get into the theater, and I only did that to try to get a good seat (I got to Northshore at 5pmish and was the first in line for my particular showing). Just something to consider.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.