main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC Premier Plans

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Mace_Master, Apr 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Figrin_D_an

Figrin_D_an Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2002
    Quote: "Why stand in line for tickets?"

Honestly? Because it's a lot of fun. The TPM ticket line at Westown in '99 was almost more fun than actually seeing the film... it was great to hang out with other fans, play Trivial Pursuit and just talk Star Wars.

The ticket line this time may not be quite as large, but I still think it could be a great time if a bunch of us show up.

Assuming that the ticket limit is going to be 12 again, I might be able to grab some extras. I'm going to purchase for a small group of people, both midnight and ~7PM shows, which won't max out that limit. I could grab some extras for the midnight show (Westown Ultrascreen), then send 'em to whomever needs them. Just a thought...

2. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    Two reasons:

1) I also had my cell phone and never could get through when TPM tickets went on sale. I also heard that their web site did not come close to handling the traffic. Getting in line is as close to guaranteeing the ticket you want as you can get.

2) It will be fun!

3. Kylash_327

Kylash_327 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2002
    I plan on going to Point Ultrascreen with about 6 people around 5pm on Wednesday night. Does anyone know when advanced tickets go on sale ???

4. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    Man we need a FAQ or something...

:)

No - no announcement has been made as to when tickets go onsale.

5. Figrin_D_an

Figrin_D_an Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2002
    Yeah, those are some good points, Mauler.

Frankly, I just wouldn't place all of my trust the phone purchasing system or the internet ticket system... both are likely going to be clogged with requests for advance tickets... all it takes is a little too much traffic and those systems could crash, leaving all of those people SOL.

Besides... at the ticket line, even if you don't get midnight tickets for some reason (line too long, etc.), you might be able to barter with people to get extras that they might have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.