main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA AOTC Premiere Screening

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Darth_Soup, Mar 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Soup

Darth_Soup Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    OK, at the final committee meeting yesterday, it was decidced that rather than hold out to see if they are going to do a midnight screening, which currently, I am advised, is highly unlikely, we are going to take the current booking that we have and start selling tickets now.

Therefore the details for the screening are as such.

Date: May 16th, 2002
    Time: 6.30pm
    Place: Greater Union Innaloo, Cinema 11 (Senstadium)
    Cost: $11 per ticket, regardless of age, concession etc.

Sith-Gecko is currently working on a design for the tickets, and as soon as they are made up, they can be sold.

If you know people who would like to go, remember we are not going to be holding tickets for non FanForce people.... all non FanForce people come on a first come, first served basis. Due to the potential for loss of money here, cash upfront, then we hand over the tickets.

I hope people will make the effort to come in costume, and tell people to hold on to thier tickets coz there will be a door prize....

This will be a night to remember...... swoit!!! Oh and FanForce people will get preferential seating.... :)

DS

2. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Does that include all the nice new fanforce members who have been posting in the sockwars thread?

3. SithLeia

SithLeia Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 16, 2001
    ummmm i don't think socks count ;)

4. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    Umm, just a few questions, I have 20 DEFINATE ticket sales so far (that includes myself) I know its not much, but they all want tickets...

-When do you want the money for the tickets?
    -How will the tickets be distributed?
    -umm, how many tickets have already been sold and how many total need to be?

:D

5. Darth_Soup

Darth_Soup Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    OK Officialy we have no ticket sales..... I am curently wondering I should just get the tickets from GU and sell them or if we still want to make up the tickets.

If you want to design a movie ticket.... you have 1 week to get it finished and poseted on here. we wil then vote and I will get them printed off.

Unofficially I have definite requests from over 50 people with that number still climbing.

We have 496 tickets to sell.

All payment are strictly COD.... we recieve the cash, and give them the tickets.

6. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Am I correct in assuming visitors to the boards have first dibs ?

7. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Gecko has a funky ticket design!! Post it on here Gecko!!

8. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    Her ticket design looks way :cool:

And I do think ppl who post on here should get the priority seating...

9. Sith-Gecko

Sith-Gecko Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    This is the ticket design so far. On the back it will have details of the session, and I daresay that if we get this printed nicely on good quality paper, it'll make a really nice collector's item.

Approvals? I thought I'd go with the teaser poster idea. I played around slightly with the proportions of the poster to make it fit a ticket size, asically tried to make it look as Star Warsy as possible.

10. SithLeia

SithLeia Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 16, 2001
    That looks really cool Gecko :D

11. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Big thumbs up from me SG.

Will the text on the reverse be of the same style ?

12. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I like that design. I don't know that we need to vote on it unless anyone violently objects to it. So far everyone seems to like it.
    Anyway, I think it might be a good idea for folks to let Dan know how many requests for tickets they've had (numbers at least), just so we don't collectively go promising tickets to more people than we actually have tickets for. I've got at least 20 people that I haven't even mentioned it to asking me about tickets, plus a few more from a comment on a newsgroup. I could easily get more without too much effort. It seems that selling them all won't be a problem.

13. Loadeddog

Loadeddog Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    I got an Idea
    everybody buy their tickets from Dan as many as you want with cash upfront so Dan doesn,t have to worry about who's friends haven't paid.
    that way it would be up to the member to get the cash from their friends and the club is not risking a loss

also the wording on the ticket
    "This Pass entitles the bearer to one Cinema ticket"

this sounds like you have to swap your pass for a ticket at the box office.
    I sugest a change of wording to somthing like

"This Pass entitles the bearer entry to the session Star Wars episode 2 Attack Of The Clones as indicated on the reverse of this ticket"

14. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Good suggestions both.

EDIT: Just been informed that we do in fact haveto exchange those passes for tickets at the cinema.

15. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I know we can't officially sell tickets for a while yet but when the ones Clare desings are printed, can we start taking money for them? I'm reluctant to take money without giving a ticket or something in return (ethically anyway :) ).

16. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    I think if you're wiling to take money, then noones going to stop you, so long as you realise that you personally are responsible for getting the money to Dan and getting the ticket to that person.
    I think we do need a tight control on this to avoid anyone paying money and not getting what they want. So I think LD's suggestion of a strict method of giving Dan the money, Dan gives you the tickets should be adhered to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.