main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY AOTC Price Drop?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by RogueSquadronWingnut, Jun 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    I went to Gates Super-Walmart tonight (the 9th) and when I stopped by the toy aisles I noticed that AOTC action figures were now priced at 4.77 a piece. Is this a sale or a full reduction on the price of a 1.00?

BTW if you need Red Coruscant Guards or Taun We's, get there fast because they had like 5 or 6 of each just laying there. They even had Qui-Gon but it was so damaged I refused to buy it. I settled for a Shaak Ti to round out my Jedis so far

2. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    Yeah, they've dropped. I was there about three days ago, they had like 10 guards. I was gunna buy it, but I really want Yoda, any one know where I can go where they actually have him?

3. Ralph_Wiggum

Ralph_Wiggum Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2002
    Hey folks,

This is a general price drop across the board at all stores (except BigK, whom I haven't visited recently, so I'm not sure what they sell them fr). Toys R Us, Kay*Bee, and Target in Henrietta & Greece have the basic figures for $4.99 a piece, while the Wal-Marts in Gates & Greece have them for 22 cents cheaper at $4.77. This seems like a nationwide, chainwide thing, because of the reports I've seen on Rebelscum, Yakface, etc.

Does anyone WHY the sudden price drop (not that I'm complaining!). Did Hasbro somehow get involved with this?

As for Yoda, I saw a bunch about a week ago at the TRU in Henrietta, but he gets picked up pretty quickly (gee, I wonder why? ;) )

4. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    Well, yeah.

5. JediAgent

JediAgent Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    Hey Otto,

If you are looking for a Yoda figure from Episode II, try going to http://swfan.wizards.com/ I purchased 2 collector's grade Yodas from there and got them in like 3 days. For all you guys who collect the figures, that is a good way so you don't wastin' all your gas money by driving all over the place looking for the figures. Granted it's not as fun as finding the figure in the stores, but you get the one you want in prime condition. Hope that helps!

--Ryan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.