main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Austin,TX AOTC QUESTION CORNER: MAKING SENSE OF CERTAIN SCENES AND EVENTS FROM THE MOVIE...

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by EwokClansman, May 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EwokClansman

EwokClansman Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2002
    Just thought I'd post a topic on MAKING SENSE OF CERTAIN SCENES, because I'm sure there are many of us that are wondering why this or that happened in the movie. Some things just didn't make Sense and if this or that happened, Why???

*DISCLAIMER: DON'T GET ME WRONG, I LOVED THE MOVIE AND STAR WARS IN GENERAL, BUT I TOO HAD QUESTIONS. FEEL FREE TO "STRETCH OUT WITH YOUR FEELINGS..."

FOR INSTANCE: Starting from the Begining, Why is Padme'a Senator Now? Aren't Queens usually born from Royal Blood? And who is this other Queen to her? Does this make any Sense?

When Obi Wan discovers about the Clone Army and reports back to the Jedi, they act as if it's a threat to the Republic. Then in the Battle Scene (I say Battle, there was no War) They are using the Armies as Allies. Does this make Sense?

Shimi Skywalker. Why would the Tusken Raiders Keep her as prisoner for Thirty Days (I believe they said 30)? And why didn't Anakin Sense it earlier?

Why even have the Gladiator Scene? They could of just Killed them all before that. And Easier. Don't you think?

In the Arena Scene, what happened to some of the Jedi we saw sitting in the Jedi Temple from EPI? Look back and you'll see a Female Yoda Character and Wookie among others. When Mace Beheads Jango... And later when Boba picks up the Helmet, wouldn't a head have fallen out (not that we needed to see this)?

Will Jango return? Remember as mentioned he asked to have a Clone of himself as payment for being the Clone host?

R2 Flying. Wouldn't he have been able to to do this in the final Triogy?

Darth Sidious a Clone?

The Yoda LightSaber Fight was AWESOME. I just thought It was Funny how he went back to walking like an old man after the Fight.

I could go on, but I don't want anyone saying this or that. Please feel free to Break Your Silence and Answer any of these or Post your own. THANKS FOR ANY INSIGHT.

2. Jedi_Depa_Billada

Jedi_Depa_Billada Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2001
    "Starting from the Begining, Why is Padme'a Senator Now? Aren't Queens usually born from Royal Blood? And who is this other Queen to her? Does this make any Sense?"

to answer that question...usually yes, they are royal blood, BUT if you watch episode 1 and 2 again, and pay real close attention to what padme says, you'll notice she was elected queen of naboo for 2 terms. so in naboo, there isnt a royal blood line or anything like that. she is a senator now because the new queen of naboo asked her to be a senator and she didnt refuse it.

3. Jedi_Depa_Billada

Nov 30, 2001
    "Shimi Skywalker. Why would the Tusken Raiders Keep her as prisoner for Thirty Days (I believe they said 30)? And why didn't Anakin Sense it earlier?"

to answer that...anakin had been having dreams about his mother for some time. i would have to say those dreams of his were his jedi senses telling him shmi was in trouble. thats why he went to to find her.

4. Kimbote

Kimbote Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2002
    I think most of your questions are answered within the movie details itself:

>>FOR INSTANCE: Starting from the Begining, Why is Padme'a Senator Now? Aren't Queens usually born from Royal Blood? And who is this other Queen to her? Does this make any Sense?
    According to the discussion between Padme & Anakin as he's dragging her luggage around like a mule, the Naboo governing body tried to change the legislative rule so that she could serve more than 2 terms. She declined. But it appears as if Naboo has a democracy where the "President" is called "Queen". There's never been reference to royal blood in my recollection of TPM or AOTC. The other Queen simply appears to be the newly elected head of the executive branch.

>>When Obi Wan discovers about the Clone Army and reports back to the Jedi, they act as if it's a threat to the Republic. Then in the Battle Scene (I say Battle, there was no War) They are using the Armies as Allies. Does this make Sense?
    Yes, it was a threat to the desire to maintain a cohesive single Republic. The simple existence of this army, ordered by a (dead?) Jedi, and found on a planet erased from the Jedi archives is considered dangerous because it occurred under the blind eyes of the Force / Light Side.

>>Shimi Skywalker. Why would the Tusken Raiders Keep her as prisoner for Thirty Days (I believe they said 30)? And why didn't Anakin Sense it earlier?
    I don't think there's any significance in the number of days. But it was apparent from the discussion outside Padme's sleeping chamber when Obi-Wan commented on Anakin's tiredness, that Anakin was having nightmare's about his mother. It was his uncontrolled usage of Force that sensed either her current state of pain or her future pain depending on how long his nightmares had been going on relative to the 30 days.

>>Why even have the Gladiator Scene? They could of just Killed them all before that. And Easier. Don't you think?
    I feel as though it was purposefully used as a trap to lure additional Jedi into the foray. The lack of surprise or comment from Dooku implies to me that he orchestrated this upon the successful capture of Obi-Wan. If you stretch just a little, you could say that Chancellor Palpatine's insistence upon Padme taking security from Obi-Wan as well as Dooku's response to Sidious of "the boy has begun the change" are additional pieces of evidence that they collaborated together. It's just that Sidious is even hiding details from Dooku. I don't think Dooku knows that Palpatine and Sidious are one in the same.

>>In the Arena Scene, what happened to some of the Jedi we saw sitting in the Jedi Temple from EPI? Look back and you'll see a Female Yoda Character and Wookie among others. When Mace Beheads Jango... And later when Boba picks up the Helmet, wouldn't a head have fallen out (not that we needed to see this)?
    I had heard that there were some changes on from the TPM Jedi Council. Brad said that Yarael Poof, the skinny necked Jedi, is no longer on the Council thanks to events in one of the fiction books. As for the others, I do not know. IMHO - I expected to see more cameos of the highlighted Jedi such as Luminara, Barriss, Shak-Ti, the blue-twilek chick and others. The closest thing we got was Kit Fisto (the green tentacle dude) making an awesome grin about kicking some droid tail. I too felt that the helmet thing with Boba was a bit ... off. Sure, you can't show the gore and keep your PG rating but Lucas had to make some connection to the boy picking up where his father left off.

>>Will Jango return? Remember as mentioned he asked to have a Clone of himself as payment for being the Clone host?
    You apparently missed the part about Boba being that payment. He is the only unaltered clone of Jango himself. But no, I don't think Jango himself will return.

>>R2 Flying. Wouldn't he have been able to to do this in the final Triogy?
    Sure. But it's still cool and quant at the same time.

>>Darth Sidious a Clone?
    Where'd you get this idea?

>>The Yoda LightSaber Fight was AWESOME. I just t

5. Jedi_Depa_Billada

Nov 30, 2001
    "In the Arena Scene, what happened to some of the Jedi we saw sitting in the Jedi Temple from EPI? Look back and you'll see a Female Yoda Character and Wookie among others. When Mace Beheads Jango... And later when Boba picks up the Helmet, wouldn't a head have fallen out (not that we needed to see this)?"

as far as i know, not all members of the jedi council are permanent members. i read that some are temporary members, but mace, yoda, ki adi mundi, and a few others are permanent. but there are always 12 members.

and when it comes to jango's head being chopped off, i dont think a pg rated movie would show a head falling out a helmet, though it would have been funny...gross but funny. lol

6. Jedi_Depa_Billada

Nov 30, 2001
    "The Yoda LightSaber Fight was AWESOME. I just thought It was Funny how he went back to walking like an old man after the Fight."

what can you say about that...the force was strong with him. he IS the master.

7. BigChris

BigChris Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2000
    "In the Arena Scene, what happened to some of the Jedi we saw sitting in the Jedi Temple from EPI? Look back and you'll see a Female Yoda Character and Wookie among others. When Mace Beheads Jango... And later when Boba picks up the Helmet, wouldn't a head have fallen out (not that we needed to see this)?"

If you notice very closely, the scene right after Mace take Jango's head off and you see the helmet falling to the ground, if you look at the ground, you will see the shadow of his head coming out of the helmet.

Big Chris

8. DarthBarf

DarthBarf Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2001
    Anakin did sense his mother in pain. he tells Obi-Wan at the beginning that he is having recurring nightmares of it. My guess on why Shmi was kept so long was to torture her. She was obviously not in the greatest of health. The sandpeople are animals . . . "I hate them!"

Some of the jedi are not humanoid. For instance, there is a big furry guy with a snail/snake-like body and would not be a pratical warrior.

As far as the jedi know, the clone army was being created to protect the replublic, although it was being done without their approval.

Boba is Jango's clone

R2 almost always displays a new ability in every movie. Examples: smoke screen in ESB, electric shock in ROTJ, magnetic feet in TPM, etc.

Sidious a clone of who? Sidious is Palpatine, you must see this. :)

Why have a Gladiator scene? So we can see some bad ass jedi escape ;) I assume the gladiator scene was for Nute-Gunray's pleasure. He wants to see Padme and her friends suffer.

9. Jedi_Depa_Billada

Nov 30, 2001
    i need to see it again and look more carfully at all the detail. i caught alot of things right away, but just like everyone, I GOTTA SEE IT AGAIN!!

he chris..i saw you on t.v. hehehe that was cool, i wish i had gone to gateway, but i had to go across town to the met. maybe we should all get together one weekend and watch it together after a meeting. and dress up :p

10. DarthBarf

DarthBarf Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2001
    I would be up for seeing it with everyone again!!!

11. Darth_Homer02

Darth_Homer02 Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2002
    Sounds like a great idea to me!!

12. Jedi_Depa_Billada

Nov 30, 2001
    watching the movie ot dressing up?? or both? hehehe i feel like a kid again!

13. Tandeer

Tandeer Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2001
    Did anyone notice Anthony Daniels in the bar scene? I knew he would be there from a story he told us in one of the panels. *S* If not, looks on the left of the screen. You'll see the back of his head first, then when Obi uses his saber, there is a flash of Tony face when he turns profile to see what happened. *S* I also understand that Ahmed Best is in the movie too, but I missed him. And no, not as the voice of Jar Jar, but as himself.

14. Arrak

Arrak Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2002
    Did anyone notice the obvious ESB parallel in that last duel with Anakin and Dooku when he cuts the lights and you see only the black swirling cape and the red and blue lightsabers? Very cool.

15. Ripster

Ripster Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2001
    >>When Mace Beheads Jango... And later when Boba picks up the Helmet, wouldn't a head have fallen out (not that we needed to see this)? <<

I figured that since the head was cut off at the neck the chin was holding the head inside. I always imagined that Boba Fett had a chinstrap or something so his helmet didn't fall off at an inopertune moment. So when I saw Jango in uniform, I assumed he had one too, and in my world, this means his head wouldn't have fallen out. Besides, Kids are watching it

~Sara

16. Arrak

Arrak Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2002
    You can see the head bounce out of the helmet when Mace cuts it off. If you're not watching carefully you might miss it though...it's more like a black streak bouncing across to the right side of the screen, and you don't see anything graphic.

17. EwokClansman

EwokClansman Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2002
    THANKS for All the Responses Posted.

-Clanman-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.