main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton AOTC rants..the last I swear!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Starbender, Nov 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starbender

Starbender Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2002
    Arrghh! Stiil more IMAX AOTC rants! After 22 viewings, I have more tech observations and some general observations. Last one, I promise.

* Pixellation: Quite noticable if you know what to look for, mostly around near-horizontal lines and rounded objects. Generally not visible on background objects or anything out of focus.

* Single Pixel Error: In some shots a single black pixel is visible, just to the right of center and up a little. Visible in about half a dozen shots including:

-After Zam is killed, in the Jedi council scene. On the first close-up on Mace look to the left of his mouth. Also in a few other shots this scene.

-Spaceport scene where Obi says MTFBWY.

-One of the Obi and R4 scenes, I think it's the second one.

Observations and Beefs section

* Alien Cartoon Feet: How come a few of the aliens have big floppy clown feet? The blue dinousaur Jedi on the council and a few of the younglings come to mind. Looks kinda goofy.

* Hayden Christiansen's performance gets better with each viewing, a fine job. On the other hand, Natalie Portman looks like she's trying to single-handedly kill the franchise. Disgraceful in TPM and not much better here. She also shoots like a girl.

* The headless battle droid walking around the areana battle. Funny!

* Best new Jedi: Kit Fisto and Shaak Ti. Also Luminara, very elegant.

* Hey, where's Aurra Sing? wasn't she supposed to be in Ep2? Maybe her part was switched to Zam.

* Why is Nute Gunray still in charge of the Trade Federation? He got spanked in TPM.

* I agree that the clonetropers that Yoda picked up were direct from advanced training, which from the looks if it was quite realistic. There is precedent for this.

* Turret count on the assault gunship is now 5. Those rotating balls in the wings dont seem to shoot anything...

* No googles for anyone on a speeder or swoop, and doing speeds over 60mph. They dont even squint!

* Hey, didnt Obi tell Luke in TESB that Yoda trained him? I am 4 years late with this observation.

* Superfluous lights: Nearly every piece of technoolgy is covered in coloured ligths. There are at least 20 on the Jedi Starfighter hyperspace ring, and they cover the droid factory like Xmas lights. Sheesh.

* When Jango shoots the blue dino-jedi, you see the shadow of his dropped lightsaber when he falls off the edge, but no actual saber. Hmm.

* When Dooku arrives at the Sith hideout, some of the towers in the background dont look like they are moving in the right direction.

* In the younglings scene where Obi points out where Kamino is supposed to be, how does he determine the position? There are no reference marks of any kind in the map.

* Similarity of lines: The script as filmed has a number of gratingly similarities between sets of lines,

-"Anakin pull up! You know I don't like it when you do that!"

Minutes later:

-"I hate it when he does that.."

An amatuerish mistake. Another one occurs earlier:

"You seem a little on edge"
    "You're sweating"
    "You look tired"

All within about 8 minutes of screen time. Overkill?

2. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Well I can answer the Yoda training question. Yoda trains Jedi Younglings as we've seen. But he also instructs other Jedi. Obi-Wan DID learn under him before the age of 12. Then after a long adventure he became Qui-Gon's Apprenrtice.

3. Starbender

Starbender Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2002
    That makes sense. A good 'out' for Lucas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.