main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC Redundancy - Linking to existing threads

Discussion in 'Communications' started by YodaJeff, Jun 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ADONIAH32

ADONIAH32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 18, 2002
    I don't see how we can discuss this any further. We are simply going around in circles now. I think this topic will eventually fade away as discussion begins to focus on Episode III and not AOTC as much.

As it is, I am posting fewer links each day. Yesterday I posted 5 at most. As you can see, redundancy really isn't that much of a problem in AOTC anymore. Like I said earlier, I'll keep trying to link less and less, but when there is a redundant thread, I'll post a link.

I think that you'll also find I am posting links differently. Instead of simply posting a link, I am also trying to discuss the topic a little until it is, if it is, locked. So, as you can see, I took some of the advice from earlier, and I am beginning to try to add my opinions in those threads.

But, once again, I really don't think this will remain a problem, or for that matter, a topic to debate. I don't see this being a problem in the future of the AOTC forum.

2. Kerr_Plunk

Kerr_Plunk Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2002

so.. what your trying to say is that the conversation in this thread has become redundant and it should be locked?

quite right! :D

3. Sebulba-Dug

Sebulba-Dug Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2002
    So he's saying the discussion is becoming redundant? I think he's right. ;)

4. ADONIAH32

Jan 18, 2002
  5. Sebulba-Dug

May 25, 2002
  6. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    I think we would all be much happier if you just started spelling it reduncany.

//waits to see how many actually get the reference.

7. ADONIAH32

Jan 18, 2002
    //Looks around...

Anyone? ;) :D

8. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    I agree with Sapient in that redundancy isn't really that big of an issue anymore. When I first became a mod there were literally 2 or 3 threads on the first page with virtually the same wording in the title. That's the kind of thing that we're trying to get away from.

Redundancy doesn't mean that there's more than one thread on the Jedi or Obi Wan or something general like that. We just don't want people to have to make the same point over and over.

9. ADONIAH32

Jan 18, 2002
    Padme Bra is correct. Redundancy isn't a problem anymore. With the exception of some days when we have quite a few redundant threads, we are down to maybe 3 a day, which is good compared to a week ago when we had about 10 a day. So like I said earlier, I don't see this as much of a problem anymore.

10. Sebulba-Dug

May 25, 2002
    I would have to say everyone's point has been made and there is no point to this thread anymore.

(I think even the above statement is becoming redundant. ;) )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.