main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC released on DVD and VHS Nov.12th

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Jedi_Knight150, Aug 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    I just read on StarWars.com, AOTC will be released on VHS and DVD on Nov.12th. The DVD will come in widescreen and full screen formats. The DVD will be a two disc set containing:
    * Attack of the Clones, mastered directly from the digital source by THX for superior sound and picture quality, presented in Dolby 5.1 Surround EX (English) and Dolby 2.0 Surround (English, Spanish and French)
    * Audio commentary by Writer-Director George Lucas; Producer Rick McCallum; Editor and Sound Designer Ben Burtt; Visual Effects Supervisors Pablo Helman, John Knoll and Ben Snow; and Animation Supervisor Rob Coleman, offering personal insights into the making of the film.
    * Eight deleted scenes created for the DVD release, with introductions by George Lucas, Rick McCallum and Ben Burtt
    * "From Puppets to Pixels," an all-new, full-length documentary that tracks the revolution in digital character animation, featuring the creation of the digital Yoda, Dexter Jettster and more
    * "State of the Art: The Previsualization of Episode II," an all-new documentary featuring never-before-seen Animatics of Episode II
    * Ben Burtt and his team explain the process of creating the sound for Episode II in the all-new documentary "Films Are Not Released; They Escape"
    * Three behind-the-scenes featurettes exploring Episode II's storyline, action scenes and love story
    * All 12 parts of "Making Episode II," the web documentaries that first appeared here at starwars.com
    * The "Across the Stars" music video featuring John Williams
    * Downloaded by millions from starwars.com, the original theatrical teaser and launch trailers, plus 12 TV spots
    * Galleries of theatrical posters, print campaign from around the world, and never-before-seen production photos
    * An Episode II visual effects breakdown montage from Industrial Light & Magic
    * HoloNet News website
    * DVD-ROM weblink to exclusive Star Wars content
    and will sell for $29.98
    The VHS will contain:
    six deleted scenes and a "Star Wars Connections" featurette hosted by R2-D2 and C-3PO, who explain the Star Wars story to new fans of the series.
    and will sell for $24.98

2. Terr_Mys

Terr_Mys Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Cool :). Can't wait! :D

3. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Oh this DVd is gonna rock!!

Deleted scenes I wanna see:Tusken Radier slaughter,Padme's Family (tho I Doubt it will be on it),Padme's address to the Senate after the assasination attempt,A longer fight between Mace and Jango,Dooku fighting Yoda with 2 sabers,The Jedi in the Droid Control ship.

I'm sure there is more but cant think of any right now.

4. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    They list all known deleted scenes on theforce.net. Has anybody seen the extras from the episode I DVD? I just watched them and the part where Nick Gillard comments on Ewan's fighting stye is realy funny.

5. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    Another item for my Christmas list...:)

6. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    I cant wait that long!! I'll get it the day it comes out :D

7. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    I wouldn't wait but I won't have the money! Why can't Christmas be early?

8. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    I'm getting it the day it comes out! I just have to save up 6 weeks worth of allowance.

9. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    I don't get an allowance and I don't have a job so I'm outta luck.

10. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    I'll be at the Target right down the street from me that day when the store opens!!We should try and have a DVD veiwing night or something.

11. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    for the group?

12. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    yeah! or for as many can make it,doesnt have to be a meet just a get together!!

13. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    I got some DVD's I could bring. I have episode I on DVD plus Tomb Raider, Rush Hour 2 and some other ones. I also have X-Men and the Star Wars trilogy on VHS.

14. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    Well I was just thinking off AOTC,but ya never know!!

No need to bring the Trilogy on VHS,I have em on VCD's.Much better the VHS tapes,although they are just copied from the SE:Trilogy tapes.

15. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    I've seen those. What does VCD stand for anyway?

16. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    VCD= Video Compact Disc

17. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Well when we have the Drinking Game at my place, you could bring the VCDs, but I'm not sure if the PS2 can play them. I have the VHS trilogy for backup...

18. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    I'll find out if it will play em.My friend has PS2 so I'll try em out on his first.The only downside to the VCD's (IMO) is that each movie is on 2 discs.

19. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    2 disks? That could get messy while drunk! ;)

20. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    [face_laugh]

it might be a good thing,kinda a breather between disks

21. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    Yeah, the two disc thing is a pain. But they'll make a good hold over until the OT is on DVD.

22. MaraJade75

MaraJade75 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2002
    hey when are they going to get around to releasing the original trilogy on dvd? eh?

Was I the only sw fan who was disappointed by the two prequels?

23. Theedage

Theedage Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2001
    1) Probably will be relased after E3.

2) I bet you're not alone in that aspect... however, my hatred for e1 and my liking for e2 would kind of total up on the negative side.... you can only adore a movie so much... but you can hate one much more. I felt e2 was better than rotj and about the same as anh, but not nearly as good as esb. So it's tied for second on 'the list' and tpm isn't even on that one ;p

24. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Nothing comes close to the Trilogy, not even the prequals.

25. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    IT's not two trilogies, remember. It's one hexology. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.