AOTC/ROTS Complete Scores **Official Thread**

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by jedi_master_ousley, Mar 8, 2003.

1. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    ahh ok.

Well, prolly still not buying it. :p
  2. Indiana_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    Well Lucasfilm's marketing isn't any better.
  3. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    At least they don't force you into buying crucially needed character development. All they ask is paying for pretty images.
  4. Emperor's Prize Jedi Master

star 4
    I imagine that I'll get around to listening to my bonus DVD -- once I finally get an entertainment system that isn't circa 1991. :p
  5. Indiana_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    :confused:

How many DVD releases of The Original Star Wars Trilogy have you seen? At least 3 coming out, with a 'Saga' version inevitable within 2007. And which trilogy has complete scores?
  6. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    None of which, to my knowledge, had character development in them that made a main character you know, not suck. :p
  7. Indiana_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    Ah. That's why the prequel Trilogy was so good then. :p
  8. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Hey, at least George ain't tacking 30 minutes to an extra hour onto his movies cause he left out stuff important to a chracter's development. ;)

9. Cerrabore Jedi Master

star 4
    I think he must have left out something important to Anakin's development.

"What have I done?!"
    "I will do whatever you ask."
  10. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Yeah, in between that was, "crap, I just killed Mace Windu. The guy in charge. I'm real sure the jedi are gonna want me around after that."
  11. Zarm_Rkeeg Jedi Knight

star 3
    "The Revenge Of The Sith novelization answers many of the character choices some consider to be... un-natural..."
  12. TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod

star 10
    I didn't know that forgetting AotC worked so well for some people. He didn't fall in the matter of three minutes. He fell in the matter of 3 to 4 years. He did whatever Sidious asked 45 minutes earlier on the Invisible Hand.

on-topic: I want the Mace/Sid duel music but am too lazy to extract it out of Battlefront 2
  13. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    What the heck? Did I slip and click the GOSH LOTR thread?
  14. HL&S Magistrate Emeritus/2014 Celebrity Deadpool Winner

Game Winner
    star 6
    I found myself humming bits and pieces of unreleased ROTS music today. Like the complete Opera House music, the Star Destroyer taking off, Obi-Wan landing on Utapau, Anakin telling padme he's found a way to save her, the Sidious/Mace duel stuff, and the piece that starts playing when the Clones ride the walker transports up until Obi-Wan departs Utapau.

I want it all so bad. :_|

Oh and the Sail Barge music from ROTJ, but that's a different thread.
  15. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    lol.

More proof that books own movies as a medium for fantasy.
  16. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Aye, I love the SD taking off music. Nice and forbidding.

I'm working on a Heroes playlist for my Ipod..Superman, Batman, X-Men..and of course Star Wars.

17. Eugene_Meltsner_AIO Jedi Master

star 4
    The Utapau landing, some of the Sidious/Mace duel (including some unused music), and the walkers-Obi-Wan stuff are all on BF2. Unfortunately, the Opera House scene isn't available except through DVD rip, as with Anakin talking to Padme. The Star Destroyer taking off is tracked from the scene where Anakin tells Mace that Palpatine is the Sith Lord (which is also available on BF2).

To get the stuff...Go to the JWFan system, where you will find Cerrabore, the Jedi Master who instructed me.

And the Sail Barge music? You mean the source music, not the action music, right?
  18. DarthButt Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Got some rumors for the 30th Anniversary from TBone, and some of it includes soundtracks :D

http://www.starwarz.com/tbone/index.php?categoryid=16&p2_articleid=846

"Let?s start with the soundtracks. The complete scores are allegedly going to be released in one big boxed set but my source tells me that the audio quality will not be as good as the current releases for some reason. Now I?m not a stickler with CDs and I don?t go nuts with audio quality. If it sounds good on my iPod, I?m fine with it. If it sounds good on the computer or whatever, great. I can notice big changes but when it comes down to it, I won?t be ticked off if it?s a little off in quality, though I?d expect newer releases to sound better than the previous ones.

That said, the only thing my source told me about the soundtracks is that they ??will not sound as good as the current discs. They will sound like every other John Williams 'muffled' release.? I?m not 100% sure what that means, exactly but I?m sure some of you soundtrack lovers and John Williams fanatics out there will know what he?s talking about. The status quo probably won?t take issue but if you already have them, you might not need to buy them again.

This time, I?m not falling prey to the soundtrack trap like I did with the 2004 version. They ensnared me into buying the silver boxed set of soundtracks because inside were supposed to be some exclusive screensavers and I thought to myself, ?Hey, that?s good enough to make me buy these again, even though I already have them. I?m getting something else I don?t have. Great.? So I took the CDs and installed the screensavers. I tried out the one for EMPIRE and up came the wonderful logo followed by?a bunch of expanded universe artwork that had NOTHING to do with the film. Thinking it was a quirk, I tried the other two screensavers and it was the same thing. Bring up the FILM logo and then show images that have NOTHING to do with the film. Who?s the genius that devised that plan? I sure hope they?re not working there anymore. I almost threw the CDs out the window.

So if you have the soundtracks, you might want to think about whether or not you really need this new set of music. Chances are, you have it all, but if you don?t have all of the soundtracks this might be a good set to invest in. We?ll have to see what the details are but this time I?ll be very skeptical of the bonus features, if any."

Well, lets hope and see if the final result is better than the rumor.
  19. The-Tennis-Ball-Kid Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hmm. I'll believe it when I see it.

The complete scores are allegedly going to be released in one big boxed set
    ...well, if that means all six in one set, I hope they'll also be available seperately...

...and I hope this guy is joking when he says he bought the 2004 set for the screensavers.[face_plain]

ttbk
  20. Indiana_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    That was the most ridiculous part of the article. I can't believe any sane person would do that, unless they didn't previously own the SEs.
  21. General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Well, I'd certainly buy a box set of the Saga's scores if it was a complete and quality release. It wouldn't bother me that I already own most of the good cues I love.

If the release turns out to be "off" in some way - sound quality, extras, missing cues, I would hope they are packaged by individual film scores. I'd most likely buy AOTC and ROTS. However, I don't expect individual releases.

Anyhow, I think this is generally positive news on the complete scores front. :)
  22. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Any release is better than none, but still, I'll believe it when I see it.
  23. DarthButt Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Yeah, I agree - positive news. Honestly, I'm in the boat of the 'previous' argument of the people wanting the O-OT on DVD when it comes to the complete scores: I'll take it any way I can get it.
  24. Cerrabore Jedi Master

star 4
    What I read into that article was that the three prequel OSTs will be packaged together for a new release, and that they will have poor, "muffled" sound quality, for some reason.

Amazing.
  25. Indiana_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    And people wonder why I think Lucasfilm's marketing is god-awful? Here is your proof.