AOTC/ROTS Complete Scores **Official Thread**

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by jedi_master_ousley, Mar 8, 2003.

Moderators: Darth_Nub
  1. SidoDyas Force Ghost

star 1
    The "muffled" sound quality may mean that the original trilogy scores have been remixed like they were on the bonus cd that came with the repackaging of the ROTS OST a year ago. I personally have not heard it but some people thought the mix was inferior. I guess it depends on listener preference.
  2. General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Almost a year prior to the release of such possible box set, how is it known that the quality will be "not as good" as the current releases "for some reason"? What, did someone spill coffee on the master tapes? Sure, a new mix might be different, but how is it necessarily going to be "not as good"? Especially for AOTC and ROTS, the scores that most fans are looking to "complete".
  3. Indiana_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    They better be complete if we are getting crappy sound quality. And none of this 'Ultimate Edition' stuff.
  4. HL&S Magistrate Emeritus

star 6
    To me it sounded like he was just talking about the OT soundtracks and not the complete scores to AOTC and ROTS. I mean it's the 30th anniversary of ANH, not the PT. But maybe with the saga edition box set coming eventually, it might mean all six scores.

I just hope their ROTJ re-release includes Lapti Nek, the original Ewok celebration, and the sail barge source music if they can find it. I hate having to pop in a third ROTJ disc to listen to Lapti Nek and the Ewok music. I want it all on two discs.

5. General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Another beauty of iTunes. :)
  6. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    I'm deaf in one ear as it is. Slightly poorer sound quality isn't something I especially notice. :p
  7. Cerrabore Jedi Master

star 4
    I seriously doubt RotJ will be remastered, resequenced, and released again. The interest in the sail barge music, the film/English versions of "Lapti Nek," the six-second "Ewok Battle" insert, and the "Jabba the Hutt" concert piece is extremely marginal (and it doesn't help that most of the unreleased music is "lost" for good). The Anthology and the Special Edition together represent a good 95% of the score. True, there are severe sound quality issues, but a novice sound editor should be able to piece together Anthology and SE cues to create an aural experience that is close to optimal. That is what I did, in any case.
  8. Veloz Force Ghost

star 6
    Here, here!

And i must add the opening battle secuence.. i LOVE the drumbeats at the start :D and the FULL Vader vs Obi and Yoda vs Sidious version (with Duel of the Fates incorporated!)

Oh when when will we get this!? [face_frustrated] :_|
  9. ToNIC2k Jedi Youngling

10. Cerrabore Jedi Master

star 4
    DVD rips and game music.

Some of the material from the German DVD isn't even adjusted to correct PAL speed-up. Ugh.
  11. obiwanws2 Jedi Knight

star 1
    they will release it eventually.............

and if not we do a secret undercover operation to release it oursleves ...........

:p
  12. Indiana_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
  13. obiwanws2 Jedi Knight

star 1

please note the massive sarcasm for then end part of my previous post
  14. Indiana_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    Most people who don't use caps tend to not be in the know in most cases. My apologies.
  15. Korron_Zeria Jedi Padawan

GK edit: I'm sorry, but linking to copyrighted music files is not allowed.

16. HL&S Magistrate Emeritus

star 6
    Each time this thread gets upped, I get my hopes up. :(
  17. han_solo_321 Jedi Master

star 4
    I have most unreleased music from the PT the only one I don't have and REALLY want is Anakin's Confession from AOTC!
  18. Boba_Fett_123 Jedi Master

star 4
    Tell me about it. I got really excited when I saw this. Oh well...One day.
  19. obiwanws2 Jedi Knight

star 1
    any updates on this front, especially with Two Towers complete recordings coming up i am suprised ppl haven't started asking questions again
  20. Star_Wars_Freak_2006 Jedi Master

star 4
    I want the complete scores because some of my favorite music was not put onto the ROTS CD, like the Padme on Mustafar version of "Anakin's Betrayal" (think, "You're breaking my heart"), Padme's funeral, and the Funeral Music mixed with Imperial March on the Star Destroyer. The latter is the one I want the most.
  21. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Uhh the Two Towers CR has been out for months, mate.
  22. shiningstars Force Ghost

star 2
    I know! I am tired of listening to the clicks and pops version I have, please release the originals already!
  23. obiwanws2 Jedi Knight

star 1

well i just now noticed........lol

two towers complete recordings are actually pretty good tho
  24. E107_Theta Jedi Knight

star 1
    *Sigh* I wonder if they're really going to release this or not, and when.

I hate it how my AOTC and ROTS soundtracks feel so gimped compared to the rest... A lot of good music didn't make the CDs =/
  25. waheennay Jedi Master

star 4
    I think ROTS might be the only SW soundtrack that sounded better AFTER I had seen the movie! Most of the music from the other movies like "The Asteroid Chase" from TESB, "The Forest Battle"(with the Russian style ending) from ROTJ or "Duel of the Fates" and "Across the Stars" from the prequels I could listen to and enjoy independent from the film.

When I first heard the SITH CD a few weeks before the movie came out I thought it was good but not great compared to the previous movies. The one track I really liked was "Enter Darth Vader" This particular music feels better after hearing them in context to what happens. For example, my initial opinion of "Battle of the Heroes" was that it wasn't as great compared "Duel of the Fates". Hearing it during the climactic duel I am amazed how perfectly the theme captures the sadness, inevitability and Obi-Wan's reluctance to fight his former pupil/friend!
    I didn't pay much attention to "Anakin's Betrayal" when I got the disc but after hearing it when Order 66 is executed it suddenly is the most awesomely tragic track on the album.
    "Padme's Ruminations" intrigued me with female voice wailing in the mideastern style. Seeing it when Anakin seems to look out at Padme from the Jedi temple, it's an inspired choice.
    "Anakin's Dark Deeds" sounded even greater after I knew it's when he ruthlessly slaughtered the Separtatists and Palpatine turns the Republic into the Empire.
    "The Immolation Scene" already sounded sad to begin with and I knew from the title what it was going to be but adding Obi-Wan saying "You were my brother" and "I loved you" over it (Ewan's performance still is my favorite in the movie) made it evern The score really had greater impact when you saw the movie IMO. This isn't a criticism. Just the opposite. I think JW really wrote a score that the drama of the movie and the music and the tragic events they underscore have become more entwined than any other episode of the saga.
Moderators: Darth_Nub