main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC/ROTS Complete Scores **Official Thread**

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by jedi_master_ousley, Mar 8, 2003.

1. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    someone asked about complete scores for 2, 3 and Indy and Sansweet answered that the responsible parties are aware that there is some demand. He also said they'd need John Williams for that again. I thought he didn't have much involvement with the way the OST tracks end up :confused:

2. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Does he have to approve all releases, contractually?

3. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001

Yes. He has to sign off on all releases of his music on cd and in films that wish to use it. Every new release or compilation album that wishes to use music he created needs his written approval. He'd also need to approve of the composers biography or whatever little things they include with the cd that relate to him. The images and pictures as well. He'll leave the details up to his arrangers in regards to how the music is presented on the cd, but he still has to ultimately sign off on it all.

If someone wants to show a clip of Jaws in their film on some tv in the background, not only do they have to get the studio that produced that films written permission, but if the scene had score in it they also need Williams to sign off on it. So they'll send his people a contract for him to sign and hopefully he'll get back to them within the time they need his approval. If they don't get it, they can't use his music. If they still want to show the movie clip in their film, they have to replace his score with something else or not use music at all.

It may sound like he's a control freak, but that's just standard Hollywood practice.

4. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    huh. Steve made it sound like he would need to work on them again and not just sign stuff.

Okay, so someone go ask John at his next concerts. You people have plenty of em :p

5. HL&S

Oct 30, 2001
    Tis true. He certainly likes to stop by Chicago lately. :D

6. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    I've had all the ones off of iTunes for some time now, so I finally decided to order the Phantom Menace complete soundtrack. Just off the 30 second clips on Amazon, I can tell that it has a TON of great stuff that was cut out of the single disk release.

For them not to release the complete versions of Ep II and III would be an absolute crime. Ep III is my favorite movie, so I'll be the first one to buy it if/when it does get released.

7. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    I feel like a complete idiot-I didn't mean to start a new topic!

8. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    It happens! No worries at all.... :)

Upping this will make poor HookLineAndSinker's e-heart break just a little bit more though.... :(

9. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Y'all really ought to sticky this thread, considering it's practically the only major thing left as far as SW-related music goes.

And it sucks when it suddenly leaps onto the first page again. At least if it's always there, we'll always know they haven't been released yet. :p

10. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    0:52, 1:15 on song 15 A new Hope and End Credits on the ROTS soundtrack brings tears to my eyes. It sums up all Star Wars expierence for me.

11. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    .... what does that have to do with complete score releases of AOTC and ROTS?

12. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    because its on the soundtrack? [face_worried]

This isn't the place for that?

13. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    No this is the thread for discussing the possible release of the full complete scores of Episodes II and III on CD.

14. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Even though they are old, I have unlocked and upped the proper threads to the top of page one. Feel free to renew discussion in these. :)

15. HL&S

Oct 30, 2001
    I wish there was something we could do to get the ball rolling on this project. I mean if the online guys who post in a star wars music forum can't do anything pro-active towards this, who can in the kingdom of fandom?

16. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    The masses, should they take an interest in soundtracks.

They won't.

17. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    I still think this thread should be stickied; at least we'd know how much nothing it continues to produce. :p

18. Darth_Vader-Anakin

Darth_Vader-Anakin Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 22, 2002
    It's possible that sometime way down the line, FSM could do something for Star Wars like they did with the Superman Blue Box. However, it's probably not something to look forward to for a long while.

19. MandaloreWarrior77

MandaloreWarrior77 Jedi Youngling

Dec 12, 2004

Not sure if I can ask this but is getting the unreleased tracks from ROTS on BF2 just a matter of going into the files and copying them out? Or is there a more extensive procedure that needs to be done? Couldn't one just download the demo?

20. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    The demo doesn't have all the music, and good luck figuring out the encryption on the files.

21. HL&S

Oct 30, 2001
    Every time this thread is bumped, my e-heart breaks a little. :(

22. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    i agree! This is killer!

23. Trentman359

Trentman359 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2002
    You guys got me again.

24. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    I didn't even click it when it was upped. I only came here 2 days later to see if people said something about crushed hopes again :p

25. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Schadenfreude.