main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC/ROTS Complete Scores **Official Thread**

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by jedi_master_ousley, Mar 8, 2003.

1. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    I would definitely buy this if it came out, but I am not thinking that's gonna happen anytime soon :(

I love my TPM:UE [face_love]

2. BobaFett-MP

BobaFett-MP Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2001
    I agree, I love the TPM UE, and I wish more movies did that. Yes the cuts were weird, but it's THE music to the movie, and I thought that was great. Unfortunatly LucasFilm (as I recall) said they would NOT be doing a AOTC UE :(:(:(:(

3. KING_MARK

KING_MARK Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2003
    I like the TPM UE because it's better than nothing.I never listen to it from the c.d.'s I use my own edition made up of the least possible edited cues anjd the unreleased music from the video games for the Naboo battle.

As much as i had noticed TONS of great music left off the original OST for TPM,I don't feel the same way for AotC.We got most of the interesting music on the c.d.,in a fairly decent presentation.

There's a few cues I'd like to hear though:Anakin's Confession,Shmi's Funeral and Yoda vs Dooku.And,as I've pointed out at the JWfan,the music i want to hear most is the segment that was deleted from the finale for Ihe Imperial March.You can hear a few notes of it on the AotC c.d. single,and just 3 notes make me believe this music was amazing.

K.M.

4. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I wish this would hurry up...

5. --Darth_Ganondorf--

--Darth_Ganondorf-- Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 25, 2003
    I wish this would hurry up...

don't we all :(

6. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    I edited the Arena battle music and some other scenes together, if anyone is interested. The bad thing is, a lot of the edits (the times given by whats-his-face on Jwfan.net) don't sound right, so on some music pieces I've had to add or trim a second or two to make the music sound more natural. THere are still some obvious edits though, but if you're a completist, I think my files are at least worth a listen.

PM me if you're interested.

(I'm sure this isn't breaking some copyright law, since the music is mostly tracked and previously released, and I'm not selling them)

7. Zappa_0

Zappa_0 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2001
    Yea Vader, I would like to hear them. Contact me at JediOutcastMovies@msn.com. Also you may find this interesting but I have found 3 or 4 songs from Ep2 UE. Only one or two sound like it maybe from it and that one is the Arena battle with the Jedi. The other three ive found was The Clone Army, Arriving at Kamino and Dark Mysteries. Those three could be easily be from the soundtrack, but I dont know how legit they are.

8. Vaderbait

Sep 26, 2001
    They're probably legit. Someone sent me the same ones, and they were legit, so I'm assuming yours would be.

9. Zappa_0

Jan 4, 2001
    Hey Vader, you got anymore then the ones I said? If so, I would like to hear them also if you dont care to send them to me. My email address is in the other message. Send them to me when u get a chance.

10. Vaderbait

Sep 26, 2001
    Well, I'm sorry folks, but for now it won't let me email music files. I've tried a few times, but everytime it just fails to attach them. If any of you have AIM, it might be easier to do it that way. Just PM me to give me your AIM name or if you want mine, unless you want to post it on the forums.

11. Zappa_0

Jan 4, 2001
    I sent you a PM and also did u try to zip them, that helps sometimes.

12. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    I just hit the jackpots with the other complete scores.

TPM: $5.99
    ANH: $5.99
    ESB: $2.99
    ROTJ: $3.99

They're the nice editions with the slip covers and booklets too. :D

Now if only the AOTC one would come out...

13. Cellist

Cellist Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 7, 2003
    ::jaw drops::

Wow, how did you get them so cheap?

14. Zappa_0

Jan 4, 2001
    Yea those are great deals. Good job finding those!

15. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    The used music store just got them in from a trade and had them really cheap, and the place was going out of business so they were 50% off the sticker price. :D

16. Cellist

Jul 7, 2003
    I already have ANH SE, but I need TESB and ROTJ CDs. It'll cost like $50 for them! That is crazy, I am going to have to look for them cheaper somewhere.

17. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    I got all three for about $15 total. Good luck finding a good deal on them! Those things were $30 last time I saw them new in a store. :confused:

18. Cellist

Jul 7, 2003
    I figured I wasn't going to find them any cheaper so I went ahead and bought used ones off of Amazon. I purchased TESB, ROTJ, and TPM Ultimate Edition. Total for all three was $60.70, tax and shipping included. Yeah, that was a weight loss for my wallet. But I am enjoying them very much. The only problem is the cover art for them. My ANH and TESB are the original ones from '97, whereas the ROTJ art is the one from the Special Edition poster art. It frustrates me that they aren't all the same style....I was looking for a way I could somehow just get the little booklet inside with the correct art so they can all be the same. Any suggestions?

And I'm still waiting for the Ep. 2 UE! I have two disc spaces reserved in my CD wallet!

19. --Darth_Ganondorf--

Aug 25, 2003
    Now THIS is peculiar....

I was searching for music and I ran across something titled "Star Wars - CD2 - 23 - Yoda Strikes Back". Personally I don't think it's real...just a fake title I suppose. I'm gonna check it out anyway though if I can get it fast enough (he has 48 people waiting on him and I'm #49)

If anyone wants to check their copy of AOTC for themselves, the track length is...well I just lost it (no kidding, I re-searched and now it's not showing up :() but if any of you know anything about sound quality and its effect on file size, be my guest. The file size is 6,501,790 bytes. From what I remember the song length was about 2:30.

again, I almost KNOW this is fake but I just thought it was interesting

20. CopernicusDent

CopernicusDent Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2001
    Well, I'm sorry folks, but for now it won't let me email music files.

Can they be posted on this thread?

21. Zappa_0

Jan 4, 2001
    I wouldnt say that it is a fake, it is very possible that it is infact real. I have came accross a few real AOTC Score sound files myself and I dont think they are fake. SO maybe the "Yoda Strikes Back" is real.

22. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Can they be posted on this thread?

Nope. Any trading/posting/soliciting of illegal music files may get you sent to Banland.

23. Zappa_0

Jan 4, 2001
    Maybe all these sightings of these is a good sign that we will get an AOTC Score soon. Also anything new on "Yoda Strikes Back" yet?

24. --Darth_Ganondorf--

Aug 25, 2003
    The guy signed off before I could start downloading it :(. I'm looking for Yoda Strikes Back again now. Tell you if I see anything

25. CopernicusDent

CopernicusDent Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2001
    Nope. Any trading/posting/soliciting of illegal music files may get you sent to Banland.

Well bloody-hell, then.