main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC/ROTS Complete Scores **Official Thread**

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by jedi_master_ousley, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    This is bothering me. Every other movie gets a complete score leaked from the company, even if there never will be an official release. Why have no extra tracks leaked out for Star Wars?

2. Vaderbait

Sep 26, 2001
    Die hard UE-ists might be interested in this. It's similar to the Attack of the Clones cue list thingy on Jwfan.net.

Battle of Coruscant
    War drums (Unreleased)
    Revenge of the Sith :20.03-1:57
    Unreleased :)42)
    Revenge of the Sith 1:57-3:29
    Unreleased(1:10)
    Revenge of the Sith 3:29-3:37
    Silence until Dooku duel
    Unreleased :)63)
    [/i]Brief Silence[/i]
    Unreleased :)47)
    [/i]Silence[/i]
    Escape From Naboo (glitch lost the exact time)
    Silence
    General Grievous 2:05-2:53
    Silence
    The Tide Turns (TPM UE) 0-:03
    :25-47
    :57-1:19
    :36-46
    1:20-1:31

Note: The Times for Revenge of the Sith (Track 1 on the OST) are AFTER it has been split from the Main Titles into a separate file. I can probably find exact numbers if anyone wants.

3. The-Tennis-Ball-Kid

The-Tennis-Ball-Kid Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2004
    :eek:

Impressive...but did you ever consider that it might nauseate die hard SE'ers?

:p

ttbk

4. Vaderbait

Sep 26, 2001
    Yes, I did. ;)

5. Vaderbait

Sep 26, 2001
    Here are some more if anyone's interested. It gets harder to figure out, though, so it might be a while before I get anymore posted.

So we have:
    1) Main Title
    2) Battle of Coruscant
    3) Grievous Talks to Sidious
    Grievous Talks to Palpatine (OST 13) 0:00-:51.40
    Unreleased

Then there's some unreleased transition music

4) Anakin's Dream
    Unreleased :)30)
    Anakin's Dream (ROTS OST 2) 0:00-1:47
    Unreleased
    5) Anakin and Padme/Yoda's Lesson
    Anakin's Dream (ROTS OST 2) 1:47-4:54
    6) Palpatine Appoints Anakin
    7) Anakin Tells the Council
    Palpatine's Teachings (ROTS OST 6) Fade in 2:27- 4:36 Fade out

6. Rogan_Agar

Rogan_Agar Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2004
    Keep them posting... I will try to reedit the soundtrack myself :)

7. Vaderbait

Sep 26, 2001
    Some of them you have to shave off a few seconds or parts of seconds, they cover up some of the bad edits with sound effects, so sometimes you have to try to make them sound at least tolerable. :p

Right now I'm kind of stuck on the quieter music, since I'm not as familiar with it. Especially when they throw in 3 seconds of one track and then cut to another, it gets hard to pin it down. But, lucky me, I have a few days off with nothing to do. ;)

8. Vaderbait

Sep 26, 2001
    I hate following my own posts, but since someone asked for more, here it is:

Picking up where I left off:

The Opera Meeting[/i] ROTS OST 06 0:00-2:27
    This track is hard, since in the film the source music mixes in with the score later on, so this isn't an EXACT, at least that I can tell, but it's pretty close.

Kashyyk AOTC OST 12 3:19-3:31/6:34-6:58/Unreleased/TPM UE "Activate the Droids" whol track, but the end has to be edited oddly, and the sound effects are too loud to hear the music, so I can't tell what track segues from it.

9. Rogan_Agar

Dec 1, 2004
    Thanks. :) We really need to get those drums. I wonder if anyone can isolate the soundtrack from the DVD when it is released.

10. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    Man, are you even reading our posts? I don't think anyone's said we don't want any extra music. I'll take all the music I can get. All I've been saying is I want to hear it as it is in the film. Throw in all the extra music you want, and I"ll love every second, but I think priority has to go to the music as heard in the film.

Well, in my opinion, the music as it was written and recorded should have priority. But either way, you've conceded that the UE is not the optimum type of soundtrack release. After all, there are an enormous five-ten minutes of music missing from it.

11. Vaderbait

Sep 26, 2001
    Fair enough.

12. Vaderbait

Sep 26, 2001
    Here's some more of the complete stuff, jumped ahead from where I left off last, though.

Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Bail/Vader Arrives on Mustafar
    Unreleased (Fanfare for the Tantive, I think it's somewhere on the soundtrack, but beats me if I can't find it)
    ROTS OST 11 :08ish-END

Jedi Temple Discovery/Separatist Slaugther/Declaration of Empire
    ROTS OST 10 0-2:15
    Unreleased (2:20)
    ROTS OST 10 2:15-END

13. Rogan_Agar

Dec 1, 2004
  14. jedijake719

jedijake719 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2005
    Does anyone think that the amount of tracked music throughout AOTC and ROTS will prevent a complete score from being released?

15. Vaderbait

Sep 26, 2001
    I don't think so. I guess the AOTC one is already complete, but Lucas pulled the plug on it. All reports say it's finished and just sitting there.

16. Cerrabore

Jan 17, 2004
    Nice job with the cue lists, Vaderbait.

I would never listen to that on CD, though. ;)

17. DARTHPHYSICIAN

DARTHPHYSICIAN Jedi Master star 1

Jan 8, 2002
    I first saw the film on a Digital Screen at the Odeon Leicester Sq. London. At the birth of Luke & Leia scene I am sure I heard the Luke theme played when Luke is presented to Padme and the Leia theme when she is presented to Padme. I have just seen the film again in a non-digital cinema and did not hear these themes played until the scene where Bail/Yoda?kenobi are sitting around the table discussing splitting up the twins.

18. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    That's very interesting, but as much as i'd like a different score for the digital films I don't think there was a rerecord session that could have been used for the digital print...

19. jedijake719

Apr 14, 2005
    If Lucas pulled the plug on a completed AOTC score, it probably means he's wanting a release of all 3 in a boxed set, similar to the one for the OT released this past year (when the DVD's came out).

Depending on when the complete prequel trilogy is released on DVD, that's when the scores may be released. Who knows-it may be at the end of this year.

However, considering that the ROTS score debuted at #6 and immediate dropped to #25 is not a good sign. But then again, they aren't shooting for a million weeks at #1.

Does anyone know how the boxed special edition trilogy soundtracks have done in sales?

20. bright sith

bright sith Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 1999
    I don't know how much the SW soundtracks have sold, but I'm pretty sure going by the charts is the wrong way about it. Rarely will scores go high on charts that track total sales.

Just a guess, but I'd say Star Wars is the Celine Dion of soundtracks. :D

21. Rogan_Agar

Dec 1, 2004
    WARS soundtracks have always been successful.

There are not many soundtrack fans out there, and most people prefere pop music.

I really hope they are going to release the complete Ep 1-3 in a boxed set with the DVD release.

I have started to edit AOTC on my own. Too bad some music pieces are unreleased.

Does anyone know if there is a way to isolate the music from the DVDs? This would help. :)

22. jedijake719

Apr 14, 2005
    I'm predicting that there will be a boxed set of "ultimate DVD's" for the prequels released next year (2006) that inserts deleted scenes into the movies (as well as deleted scenes not in the first DVD's).

Just as with the OT when it was released on DVD, the ST's were released as a boxed set. Same will happen with the prequels.

23. Vaderbait

Sep 26, 2001
    JWfan.net just posted a cue listing, and it's nowhere near as good or complete as mine. ;) I was so happy to see it, and then, as I looked over it, it really tells you nothing. So I will continue to do my good work. ;) WHat they posted will help me move a little faster, though in some places.

And to those of you who complain about how this would sound: Yeah, sometimes it is really awful transition, but you can imagine that if an orchestra were playing it, it wouldn't sound bad, or if someone who is especially skilled in music editing got ahold of it, with mixing and blending and whatnot, they actually might sound pretty good. Me, all I can do really is fade out/in and track, I'm not good enough to actually mix the music so it sounds like it flows any better.

Oh, by the way, does anyone have any of the video games? I think they were Episode I Racer and Jedi Power Battles? I'd like to make another attempt at putting together the Geonosis battle, but I don't have those couple of short files.

24. Emperor's Prize

Emperor's Prize Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 1999
    Just to weigh in with the UE / SE debate ... I'd like to have both. I guess if I had to choose, I'd take the SE (the kind we got with the OT) since, with hard work by folks like Vaderbait, we could always use those presentations to craft our own UEs. I'd be happy with UE's, but I'd be thrilled with SEs.

I hope that report is true. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on some extended music from AOTC & ROTS.

25. Cerrabore

Jan 17, 2004
    JWfan.net just posted a cue listing, and it's nowhere near as good or complete as mine. wink I was so happy to see it, and then, as I looked over it, it really tells you nothing. So I will continue to do my good WHat they posted will help me move a little faster, though in some places.

Jim Ware is the master of cue lists, get off his case. ;) The purpose of that list is not to list the tracked and edited music, but rather the chronological order and appearance of the CD tracks. Once RotS is out on DVD, Jim Ware (and John Takis maybe) will post a complete cue list. He already has an edge over you, though, in that he's acquired several new RotS cues from a videogame.

And I don't understand your cue list. ":20.03," what is that? There are several mistakes; for example, there is not unreleased transition music between "Grievous Speaks to Lord Sidious" and "Anakin's Dream." They fade right into each other ("Grievous Speaks to Lord Sidious" ends at the 1:50 mark). And isn't the phrase "glitch lost the exact time" kind of a giveaway that you have... well, I won't finish that sentence.

And to those of you who complain about how this would sound: Yeah, sometimes it is really awful transition, but you can imagine that if an orchestra were playing it, it wouldn't sound bad, or if someone who is especially skilled in music editing got ahold of it, with mixing and blending and whatnot, they actually might sound pretty good. Me, all I can do really is fade out/in and track, I'm not good enough to actually mix the music so it sounds like it flows any better.

I'm pretty good at editing. For the most part, I can duplicate the edits made in the film...

... and there is no way to make them sound good. Sorry, but I don't see why you'd choose to listen this way when you could just go with the original version of the music. Unless you visualize the film frame-by-frame as you listen. In that case, have fun trying to edit this.