main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OKC, OK AOTC run ending?

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Reihla, Jul 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reihla

Reihla Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    I noticed in the movie listings that AOTC isn't listed after tomorrow at the Regal 16 Crossroads. Quail Springs shows no times after today, and the Cinemark Tinseltown goes to one showing a day (9:10pm) after Thursday. Sigh. I know this is the way of things. It just seems kinda sad to see it on the way out.

Anyone have interesting news on when the video release will hit stores?

2. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    11/26/02 ;)

Yes, this is sad news. :( I'm going to go see it tonight (possibly for the last time in theaters). Bummer. :( IIRC, TPM ran well through August in most theaters. Why are they cutting off AOTC already?

3. darthwalls

darthwalls Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2002
    Here on this site they have a story on the DVD. It was listed as being released Nov. 26, but an employee sent a list in saying it has been moved to Nov.12. Check the main news page for more info.

4. Ozzel

May 14, 2001
    I did get to see AOTC again today. It's still good the 6th time around. ;)

BTW, this screening was for the hearing impared, so there were subtitles throughout the whole thing. There were a few differences, though; like when the Jedi in Greyshade's speeder zoomed by the pod with the Dug and Aleena it, when the Dug says "Jedi poodoo", the text said something totally different. Weird.

5. RedneckJedi

RedneckJedi Historian, JediOKC Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 20, 2002
    Quite a few weeks ago, The Onion ran a pic with blurb touting: "Frugal Star Wars fan first in line for 99-cent showing of Attack of the Clones".

Just wait, kiddies! AotC is coming to a discount theater near you!

6. Ozzel

May 14, 2001
    I don't like the Northpark theater, though. It smells. :( :p

7. RoboNerd

RoboNerd Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2001
    Is that theater down by the Circuit City on Shields & I-240 still open? I haven't been back there since ... well, shall we say, I saw something I really didn't want to.

+=o RoboNerd o=+

8. Reihla

Reihla Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    I'm pretty sure the I-240 & Shields theater is dead (and no big loss either, considering their less-than-human clientele).
    However, the Crossroads 8 is now doing the bargain movies. I saw something there recently and the theater wasn't too bad. Went there all the time before the Regal opened. I don't remember the seats being so uncomfortable, though.

9. RedneckJedi

RedneckJedi Historian, JediOKC Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 20, 2002
    Aye, yee've been coddled 'n spoiled by the megaplexes, my wee lass!

Actually, though the seats are "uncomfortable" by the "new standard", the Crossroads 8 theater has been kept quite clean, and I haven't seen anything scary there myself. For a bargain show, it's worth the trip. I caught additional viewings of Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and a first viewing of something... kinda forgetable now that I can't remember it...

10. RoboNerd

RoboNerd Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2001
    It's good to see at least something staying around from the realm of bargain theaters. Still, my favorite thing is the Winchester drive-in. Aaaah, to have the time to do that again... busy busy busy.

+=o RoboNerd o=+

11. darthwalls

darthwalls Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2002
    The only theater that is still showing AotC in the Okc area is Tinseltown as of friday 7/26.

12. xwing25

xwing25 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 7, 1999
    i have not seen the movie in a while as i don't want to see it on the big screen ubless it is digital as that was the last time i saw it and nothing can compare to digital screens so i will wait for the dvd or tape as they will be clear and i can watch them in the safty of my home lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.