AOTC/Saga Variants *Official Thread*

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by ahawk12, Apr 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
  1. sethyg Jedi Padawan

According to RebelScum, the figures with the backdrops are not in production anymore, and some were leaked the the big reatilers - so go to your local Wal-Mart as that's where I saw lots of them.

Also, to see pics of these figures with their backdrops, go here:
    http://www.planetactionfigure.com/list.php?line=starwars
  2. TK-1672 Jedi Padawan

I really would like a post of the birthmark Padme. When casing out the Wal-Marts last night, I noticed that about 3 of the Padme's had paint speckled on the cheeks in one spot or another, but none as dominant as the one I have. Please POST a pic if you can, and I will see if I can get an image of mine up.
  3. Treadwell71 Jedi Knight

star 1
    This is more of a "goof" than a variation, but I found an R2-D2 yesterday complete with a Zam Wessel pic/name label. Certainly, it's not worth anything, but at least I can have some fun with some friends who are less familair with AOTC. "Yeah....she's a Clawdite, a shape-shifter. The scene of her morphing in an R2 unit during an attempt to kill Padme ended up on the cutting room floor. But they did make a figure of it. See?"

4. ExarKun2787 Jedi Padawan

Well i bought a C-3P0 with a sticker that was put on upside down, its on layaway because i bought $108 worth of figures. But, someone got the last Female Tusken and i think i missed picking up one..it was either kit fisto or nikto, but its ok, those last 2 are fairly common.
  5. jade-sabre Jedi Knight

star 2
    Every single figure at my local TRU has inserts in the figures. They have tons of figures, too. I don't think there are any figures w/o inserts in the store.
  6. TK-1672 Jedi Padawan

Post of Padme mole variant...

EDIT: Link removed; scrolling.
  7. LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    The Zam Wesell I picked up has Padme's "With quick draw action" sticker on the bubble instead of the "With face reveal mask" one.
  8. Quickstrike34 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  9. LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I hadn't opened her yet (I'm waiting til I get back home from college. 2 whole weeks!) and I was like, she doesn't have quick draw action, does she?! It's one of the features I'm not crazy about in the new Saga line, and to think that yet another figure had it was disappointing. I was glad to hear it was only an error.
  10. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    Mine has the quick draw sticker too.
  11. Sir_Jetweed Jedi Knight

star 1
    That's because she can quick draw. Play around with the toy a bit - you'll see.
  12. BucMan55 Jedi Master

star 4
    "That's because she can quick draw. Play around with the toy a bit - you'll see. "

Zoom...there goes her *** <---- spoiler
  13. ahawk12 Jedi Knight

star 1
    uppers ... to keep it all in one thread

;)
  14. Dayron_Fett Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Hehe thanks for keeping this up... I was wondering why most my figures don't have cardboard slides. Hehe.
  15. chunk_the_jawa Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    TRU is the place to look for the cardboard backings.
  16. jedi_duck Jedi Padawan

Anakin Skywalker? (Outland Peasant Disguise) #01
    Padmé Amidala? (Arena Escape) #02
    Obi-Wan Kenobi? (Coruscant Chase) #03
    C-3PO? (Protocol Droid) #04
    Kit Fisto? (Jedi Master) #05
    Super Battle Droid? #06
    Boba Fett? (Kamino Escape) #07
    Tusken Raider? (Female with Child Tusken) #08
    Captain Typho? (Padmé's? Head of Security) #09
    Shaak Ti? (Jedi Master) #10
    Battle Droid? (Arena Battle) #11
    Plo Koon? (Arena Battle) #12
    Jango Fett? (Kamino? Escape) #13
    R2-D2? (Coruscant Sentry) #14
    Geonosian Warrior? #15
    Dexter Jettster? (Coruscant? Informant) #16

I read on this site that only the above have the background cards. Has anyone found a figure NOT on this list but with a background card?

I have all of the above except for Dexter Jettster, why oh why did I not buy him when I first saw him, I thought he'd be a pegwammer. <sigh>

Thanks
  17. k3po Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Woohoo, i got the Varient R2 with the background today so i have both. thats kinda cool.
  18. Dayron_Fett Jedi Youngling

star 2
    jedi_duck wrote: I have all of the above except for Dexter Jettster, why oh why did I not buy him when I first saw him, I thought he'd be a pegwammer. <sigh>
    _____________________________________________Try www.brianstoys.com if you really want it. Some toys are sold out...but they'll be more in stock soon. The site is only good if you're really desperate for something you can't find. Why? Because these toys are overpriced. I mean, the price can range from 6 to 20 bucks for even your basic figure.
  19. Darth_Padme Jedi Knight

star 1
    Which of the 3 R2 variants is the hardest to find? I have the "smooth" silver thing with and without an insert and I have the other "star-like" one without an insert. Does anyone know which was made first?
  20. jeditrainee Force Ghost

star 1
    Yesterday I got my figures from the Official Fan Club Store midnight madness and I got the Padmé WITHOUT the mole and without the card insert. I don't know if all the Padmés at the fan club store are like that. I also got the non-collectible Toy Fair Vaders that they had on sale that night for $10. They are only worth it if you are a figure opener.
  21. BucMan55 Jedi Master

star 4
  22. PlyFury Jedi Knight

star 1
    BTTT

D Padme: I think the silver circle leg. Anybody verify this yet?
  23. Uncle_OwenLars Jedi Padawan

Does anyone have a link of where you can go to see a rough estimate of what the figures are thought to be worth? with card and without? or certain variations?
  24. PlyFury Jedi Knight

star 1
  25. Quickstrike34 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    New Varient on Kit Fisto, Some say
    -"With Force Action"
    While Others Say
    -"With Slashing Lightsaber Attack"

This applys to both Head Color Varints, and I'm not sure about Backgrounds, I dont think Kit has one but I'm not sure.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.