main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC/Saga Variants *Official Thread*

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by ahawk12, Apr 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PlyFury

PlyFury Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2001
    Kit came with Pack-In background and without. Light or neon green Kit is the only one I'm finding with Pack in Background. Dark green seems to only be on without cards.

Handnt noticed the typo. Thanks!

2. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    i saw a Dexter without a side panel, i thought it was wierd [face_confised]

3. PlyFury

PlyFury Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2001
    Should be a pretty good review of whats out there. So what are the Variants? We all know there are pack-in and non pack-ins. And there is an error on Padimes face. I mean different figures, not cardboard typos. Heres what I know:

2X r2d2- Leg circle and no circle
    2x Kit- Light green and dark green
    2x Batteldroid- light and dark finish

others?

4. DarthBinks-SithLord

DarthBinks-SithLord Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2002
    First off, I heard that the background scene inserts are "first editions"..I don't know if it's true or not. I know all about the differences in R2's legs, etc., But does anyone know if there is any relevance to the imprinted serial numbers on back? There seems to be anywhere from 2 to 4 number variations of each figure. For example, the only "birthmark Amidalas I found had the #13441 as opposed to the ones without which all had the #20081. Same with R2-the plain, flat shoulder has #20141 or 20281, while all of the other R2's I found with the small spoke-wheeled shoulder all had #20561. Is there any significance to this? Does anyone know what this means? I don't necessarily care if they're worth more money because I could never sell anything star wars related..I think it's sacreligious to do so, kind of ruins the point of "collecting". But I just want to know if I picked up something rare or special that might make my collection a bit cooler. You can post here or email me at Luckyjohnny@msn.com
    Thanks

5. DarthScud

DarthScud Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2002
    I found a wierd variant in my brothers collection today.

He has a Jango Fett on a C-3PO card, any idea how common/uncommon this is?

6. keokiswahine

keokiswahine Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 4, 2000
    Can someone help me with this small figuerine of Jango Fett, in a green wrapper, with the words SNEAK PREVIEW on the bottom. Can someone explain SNEAK PREVIEW? Something significant about it? thanks

7. ahawk12

ahawk12 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2002
    Hey KEO...

That figure was in the POTJ line it was the last wave of those figures. It was a sneak preview to the new line & the new movie.(much like the POTF Mace & STAP previews before EP1) It came out a month or so before the new AOTC toys of 4-23-02.

The wave included

Jango Fett
    Zam Wessell
    Clone Trooper (all white)
    R3-T7 (astromech Droid)

The Jangos & Clones were pretty hot sellers. Zam & R3 are still warming pegs.

8. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
  9. Zam_Weasel

Zam_Weasel Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2002
    I checked some of the replies back and it doesn't look like anyone posted this but you probably all know this. The people at TRU sure didn't though. On the back of the card for the Zam Wessel figure, mine says quick draw action and has a picture for that. But on others I see them display the magnetic feature of the figure, fully illustrated instead of the quick action. It's not such a big deal, but for completist and such it might be worth a look. :)

10. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Curious on the different variants on the Bespin Skywalker. I didnt manage to get any of the magnet hand versions, but instead I got the peg hand versions. But I noticed a variant in one on the shelf today, that had several differences from the one I already had:

a flesh colored peg, vs. the more numerous silver colored peg

The nozzle on the end of his blaster was greyish black, vs. silver on the more numerous ones

The tubing on his tourniquet was a different shade of red. (Not getting nitpicky here, it was a noticably different shade)

The slot section where Luke's hand would be inserted was the same color as the sleeve, vs. painted on the more numerous ones.

So, several variations between the two. Anyone have anything to add to this? Or if this is a known variant? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

11. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
  12. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    :( Guess no one has any info on the variants for Bespin Luke, atm, so I will try with another figure! :)

What about Zutton? I have 2 versions of him, as well. I have one with a fleshier-tone face, and one with a face that has a greenish sort of tint to it. Any ideas?

13. Rynobot

Rynobot Jedi Master star 1

Aug 16, 2000
    I found a Kit Fisto with no lightsaber blade today and of course I bought it. It also has the Force Powers sticker which he diesn't have.

14. shocktrooper

shocktrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2002
    Firstly I managed to find all figs except Padme 2 weeks before 4/24 so I went to a Midnight Madness and found her the difference being unlike the other figures she didn't have pic insert (not something I worry about) but when I looked at her I was dissapointed she never had the mole and overall the face didn't look like Padme.

Now 2 days ago I found the (with insert) Mole varient and to my delight this had a much better face paint job which looks a lot more like the character and makes it a better fig (also the inner bubble was slightly different)

So I returned the crappy looking one.

15. Ky2-D2

Ky2-D2 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2002
    I would like to know what are the BD Luke variations and which are the rarest and which are the easiest to find. I don't look for variations but am just wondering.

16. plokoon270

plokoon270 Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2002
    so heres how it goes, the inserts double the figures value. Hasbo didn t like they way they looked in the figs so they took them out. As is is no figures are being made with inserts.As for the other variants there are , Zam Wessel w/face reveal sticker or w/quick draw stick, the super battle droid has 3 variants the first and most expensive shows the droids legs coming off, the second but still worth a good amount has a corrected sticker on the back, and the third is a corrected back w/o the sticker. Kit fisto has a force action sticker or a saber slashong sticker, the clone troops have 3 or 4 dots on the actual fiure and/or the front pic.Count Dooku ,though hard to find as is comes with a sidious hologram looking either up or down,the latter being the more expensive and rare. the arena battle droid can be found in either a tan or reddish version.The tan is more expensive because hasbro stopped making them and they now only make the reddish ones.and last but certaintly not least kamino escape jango can be found with a flat gray armor w/ no silver on it and it goes for around 100, he can also be found w/o the black paint on his helmet, and this version goes for 200.

17. plokoon270

plokoon270 Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2002
    rynobot u got yourself a variant worth around $27

18. Ky2-D2

May 6, 2002
    I am gonna have to look at my collection again and see what I have!

19. ahawk12

ahawk12 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2002
    If you want a good list of variations and production errors got to POTF2.com They have good master lists for all the lines. And they keep up to date.

20. JediCouncilBoy4

JediCouncilBoy4 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 20, 2001
    I just got Orn Free Ta, Endor Rebel person, and Massif last night!!!

ny ways are they making a new Zutton I heard that somewhere?

21. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Does anyone know if Darth Vader Bespin Duel has any variants???

22. ThePostman

ThePostman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    My friend and I found an R2-D2 last night that was packaged crooked. The bubble was about 35 degrees off. It was so funny we bought it, It was obviously still factory too, It had deffinitly not been opened.

23. lordmack

lordmack Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2002
    I also saw a kit fisto without a lightsabre, but apparently it broke off.

24. Tam_Rolias

Tam_Rolias Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2002
    I have 3 separate yoda figures, and it's interesting to see what you guys have to say.

1 figure is normal, the regular one without the green eyes, green lightsaber
    1 has a blue lightsaber instead of a green one,

and the other has red saber... they all look the same, can anyone tell me what these are, i'll try to get picks up asap...

oh, and i've heard fo these around the net as well, I dunno what's up with it, can anyone tell me what it is?

25. Ky2-D2

May 6, 2002
    What about Han's droid caller thing? I think I have it...can someone post a pic? I'm not big on variants but it would be nice to know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.