main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC Soundtrack is online!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by pixarboy, Mar 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth23

Darth23 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 1999
    U COULD buy it on Tuesday.....

<:^)
    ----------

I don't think that music was from the soundtrack.

2. Obi-Kedobi

Obi-Kedobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2002
    Thanks darth23, but i am going to wait until i've seen the film. Knowing all the music before hand kind of ruins some of the atmosphere in some of the scenes, and i love to be treated with new music with the scene it is supposed to represent.

3. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
    I've only listened to about five of the tracks, which is more than I intended to originally, but I've had so much bad luck lately I thought I'd cheer myself up a bit with some musical spoilers. What can it hurt? :)
    I get a very strong emotional feeling from the music, more so than TPM, and I hope the film measures up.

4. Ardens_Furore

Ardens_Furore Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    I got the soundtrack yesterday. I don't think it was as good as the TPM soundtrack. Track 2 is really good but parts of it are repeated in all the other tracks. And there are snippets of familiar themes (Duel of the Fates, Imperial March, Droid Invasion) in each of the other tracks that get cut very short. It seems that, aside from Track 2, there isn't a full piece of music - they all sound like it's edited together. Also, aside from the Track 2 theme, there doesn't seem to be another recurring theme in the entire soundtrack. Track 3 is action oriented, but I find it to be a bit too chaotic at times. It probably matches the movie and I'll probably enjoy it more when I see it.

A lot of the soundtrack is very quiet and there isn't any memorable melody there. At the same time, though, it's dark and subtle. Probably best appreciated after seeing the film. I love the last bits of Track 9, and I can imagine the scene in my head of what it is about. I was disappointed that the music from the "Profession" TV ads wasn't in the soundtrack (as far as I could tell - I've only listened to it twice).

Overall, I think this soundtrack is about equal to the ROTJ/ANH soundtracks. The ESB soundtrack is still my favourite, with TPM following closely.

5. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Yes, I was annoyed by how a lot of it is cut short as well. It's because they've edited it down to fit on one cd, like with the first TPM soundtrack. It's quite disapointing when all the others have a 2 cd set. They're just trying to leech a bit more money out of us like they did with the Ultimate Edition TPM soundtrack.

But shortness of tracks aside, I do like it. Track 3 isn't the sort of track you just listen to, it's the sort of track that goes in the background of something else. If you just have it going while your attention is elsewhere it sounds pretty cool. I adore track 2, the love theme is now right next the Imperial March and the Force Theme as my all time fave SW themes. I also love the end of track 9. :D Turn it up REALLY loud, it sounds brilliant. And of course, track 13 is the best of them all. The way the themes weave at the end...beautiful.

The music in the profesions TV spots (most of them anyway) is track 14, the so-called bonus track (anyone know why it is called this? Was the music cut from the movie or something?). Most TV spots start with the bit from track 9, just before the Trade Federation March, then go into the end of track 14. Padme's is different, I'm not sure which tracks are in that one.

6. Ardens_Furore

Ardens_Furore Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    It's called bonus track because I don't have it on my CD. We don't get Target here in Canada, and all of our CDs only have 13 tracks, unfortunately.

7. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    We don't get Target here in Canada

Oh man! I forgot about that! My sister lived in Canada for a year, and I don't know how she lived. She would drive into Vermont periodically to go to Target.

I agree about the shortness. It ticks me off that they do this. I don't mind paying more for a 2-disc set. Just release it from the beginning, not months later so that I have to pay for both. It's just not right

I think the soundtrack is incredible. I love it. I love the SW feel among it's uniqueness.

8. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    I don't mind paying more for a 2-disc set
    Nor do I! I bought all 3 2 disc Special Edition soundtracks on the same day! And I shelled out the $40 Australian for the Episode 1 UE (which is cool, though not as good as the SE ones). I want to have ALL of the music from the movie, not edited highlights. And it is so obvious that Sony is going to bring out a 2 disc one after the film. Grrrrrr.

9. Emperor_Dan

Emperor_Dan Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 1999
    Can anyone tell me how much the Trade Federation theme is used? (The Droid March)

10. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    The Trade Federation march is at the very end of track 9. It is really quiet, and then builds up and up to a climax, then plays the theme once and then fades out. I personally wish it went on longer, but it still sounds cool.

11. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Agreed. The TF theme is only really hinted at near the end. What I particularly enjoy are the multiple appearances of the Imperial March throughout the soundtrack. It's very nice and it adds to the overall darkness of the film.

12. Emperor_Dan

Emperor_Dan Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 1999
    Also, how much of the soundtrack is the flim itself? Is most of the films soundtrack released, or what?

13. T-burcio

T-burcio Jedi Youngling

Aug 10, 2001
    I just bought the soundtrack. I won't recommend it to hardcore non-spoilers. Listening to it tells the movie-- at least I think it told me (I'm unspoiled).

By the way, what's that striking-stick-like sound about a minute into Track 3?

14. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    For those who are unspoiled, the soundtrack doesn't reveal that much. The titles don't give as much away as they did with TPM. The only thing I would avoid are the pictures inside. If you want to say that the music itself gives away the plot, I'd have to say I disagree. Interpretation of music is as individual as a fingerprint. Listening to it without the titles gives away nothing.

15. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    The titles give away little except to those who know absolutely nothing about the movie. Even then, it's not much more than locations and a couple of key scenes which you already know are going to happen. ;)

16. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    I agree. But if you are serious about your spoilers (or lack thereof), I will repeat the warning for all of you again: buy the CD, sure, but don't look in the booklet. There are 15 pictures in there. Some of them are from the trailers, but most are new. But they all have quotes. Less than half of these quotes are from the trailers/TV spots. I personaly don't feel they give away that much, but then I'm more spoiled than many here. So just be careful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.