main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC Soundtrack is online!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by pixarboy, Mar 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Across the Stars is quite awesome, although I'm slightly dissapointed that it mimics one of the main themes from Hook, however since it is performed much darker, that isn't so bad.

(Compare the first 15 or 20 seconds of the Hook track "Prologue" to the main "fanfare" of ATS, which you get a hint of in the first 30 seconds or so also)

2. OneTruth

OneTruth Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2001
    Sorry, I have to ask again, I can't find it on Kazaa. If anyone is still alive PM me with some info or IM me on AIM at "bennehana"! Thanks!

EDIT: Beowulf sent it to me. Thanks!

3. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    (wanted to edit this into my last post but that feature doesn't seem to be working properly at the moment...)

Also, for those of you who haven't listened to it/don't know of it, the Shadows of the Empire soundtrack by Joel McNeely is pretty awesome. Particularly the two epic 8 to 10+ tracks "The Battle of Gall" and "The Destruction of Xizor's Palace" and two shorter tracks "Beggar's Canyon Chase" (which features the amazing but-sadly-only-used-once Dash Rendar theme) and the very haunting "Night Skies" which features a fantastic slow and moving rendition of the Imperial March as well as the force theme.

The Coruscant track also features a choir ala Duel of the Fates with lyrics in a language created by Ben Burtt, meant to describe an ancient battle there.

Highly reccomended if you want something to hold you over till the official release of the AOTC Soundtrack::)

4. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Oh, also, another good Hook comparison is the track "The Face of Pan", which is a bit slower and a better comparrison.

5. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    Thanks THX_Princess. :)

6. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    hey guys, if you're having trouble finding these mp3's, by chance I stumbled onto mp3's for the whole album on this german sw site. tfn had an update tonight in the ep2 section about some new ep2 pics and it linked to this german site, and I happened to scroll down the page a bit and noticed all the tracks were available to download, I'm in the process of downloading across the stars and am looking forward to listening to it.

7. OneTruth

OneTruth Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2001
    "Across the Stars" was very very nice! It didn't sound very Star Wars-ish to me, but neither did DotF when I first heard it. :)

This is the only song I'm allowing myself until the movie.

8. Rebel Scumb

Rebel Scumb Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    Musicians are incredible people.

Having just recieved original music for one of my own films the other day, I have a new found respect for the work of great film composers.

The AOTC music is incredible.

9. Darth23

Darth23 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 1999
    There are links to another server on that German site that either don't work, or that server is totally bogged down.

10. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Yeah, I couldn't get it to work.

11. Jedi knight Pozzi

Apr 2, 2000
    icqfreak, where is the german site? :)

12. Darth23

May 14, 1999
    Check TheForce.net's main page - the article about new Episode 2 pics.

13. Harlowe Thrombey

Harlowe Thrombey Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 19, 1999
    I just got most of the songs from the German website...

All I can say from listening to various pieces, is that I hope that George cried when he heard the Across the Stars theme, because I sure did. Williams is absolutely amazing.

14. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    I'm giddy. I think. :D

I downloaded a couple of tracks off of the German site, but ATS is the one that's stuck in my mind. It doesn't sound quite like SW to me, but that's certainly not a complaint at this point. The main recurring bit of music in it I *swear* sounds like something I've heard before (it maddens me that I can't pin it down)... but in context with the rest of the piece, it's just lovely. Friggin' lovely. Sweet and sad and grand, very much like I've pictured the A/A romance, and believe me, that's something I've definitely thought about. ;) From the first 30 seconds of the track, I knew I was going to love this theme.

Having this theme used during certain obvious depressing parts in Episode III when A/A goes sour, I know I'm going to be bawling like a baby! I can't wait to see it in AOTC, at the height of the love story.

No matter that we're actually getting closer, it's things like these that make May 16 feel even further away. ;)

15. admiral jimmy

admiral jimmy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 14, 1999
    Any bets if/when we get a "AOTC online" thread on May 16th

16. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Occesteve, I just want to let you know, even though I'm making a CD of the soundtrack, I'll still buy the real thing when it comes out.

17. Jedi knight Pozzi

Apr 2, 2000
    I'm the odd one out. After 1:40 it sure wasn't a `love theme' to me.

Still better than Titanics' music of course. :D

18. Soothsayer

Soothsayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Admiral Jimmy - I have a feeling that you will see bootlegs of AotC but i do not plan on seeing that when i can go see it on the big screen. Maybe this is why there is so much talk of the DVD coming out in like October to help cut down on bootlegs.

The songs i have heard from the soundtrack are great. I plan on listening to the whole thing today after my classes, i can not wait

19. Darth23

May 14, 1999
    I made a bootleg vcd of TPM while it was still in the theaters, that didn't stop me from getting the movie on video, VCD (the real thing) AND on dvd. I also saw it in the theaters 24 times. :p

I can't wait to but the real soundtrack. I think I might just get ne of the limited edition CDs and not also get the regular version. We'll see.

Bootleg movies suck (duh). While bootleg CDs might sound almost as good as the real thing, I want to get the actual CD with the packaging and everything.

20. THX_Princess

THX_Princess Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    There might be a thread, but it'll get locked within minutes... :p

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    >>The main recurring bit of music in it I *swear* sounds like something I've heard before (it maddens me that I can't pin it down)...<<

Hook (see my above posts) hehe ::)

I'll edit together a comparison MP3 of a few seconds from each track, and post a link if that's ok with the mods?

22. Darth23

May 14, 1999
    Use the Force, dude!

The Truth is Out there! (so are the files).

23. NyLonathatep

NyLonathatep Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2001
    I only need the finale right now, and I cannot seem to find it anywhere, I cant find any download section in zee german site. So... where might I acquire it ?

24. JesusFreak

JesusFreak Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2002
    I've got the first 5 songs and they sound great, no more till its released :)

25. NyLonathatep

NyLonathatep Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2001
    No really, I reaaally wanna hear the finale, really do! somebody please Pm me about it, since most of you know where to get it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.