main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC Soundtrack is online!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by pixarboy, Mar 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starkillah

starkillah Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2002
    I'll just start off by saying that Williams' themes for this movie are really good. ATS is sooo memorable...a very beautiful piece of music. I was a non-spolier fan before listening to this soundtrack. I couldn't stop from downloading the whole thing after ATS. Anyone who tends to stay that way, DON'T listen to anything more than that!

2. CowMoo

CowMoo Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2001
    Across the Stars is good. Very nice in fact. Better than Dual of the Fates, to me anyway.

3. thenink

thenink Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 19, 2002
    I think I downloaded a "b.s." version of track 13. It had the "Imperial March" theme in it! wHaT!?!

4. AnakenX

AnakenX Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 6, 2002
    so what if it looks like Flight to Neverland ?? it blew me away when i heared it ! ATS is a masterpiece !! so GOOD ! it's on kazaa and you guys have to get it , if you wish to be spoiled , but i loved being spoiled that way !! it's so so so beautifulllllll !!
    GJJW ! (good job john williams)

5. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    Did the Imperial March segue quickly into ATS, then the ending credits? If so, then it's not a bogus, nink. And the Imperial March is in another track, as well, anyway, though not as forceful as it is in 13.

If it was possible to wear out an MP3, I'd long since have worn out ATS, and I'm working on that for tracks 10 and 13, too. ;) The track names didn't do anymore than just mention stuff I pretty much already unfortunately knew, so I wasn't terribly worried about being spoiled via the soundtrack.

6. jayme_

jayme_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 12, 2002
    Across The Stars is amazing. I downloaded it yesterday of KaZaA and quickly burned it on a mix CD. :)

7. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    So it's on Audiogalaxy, Misterius? Awesome. Do you know if the whole thing is available there? If so, I'm going on the net when I get home! :D

8. Count_Draku

Count_Draku Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2002
    I finally figured out why this theme sounded familiar to me. The main theme of ATS sounds like a variation of a small passage from the soundtrack to the film Nixon". "Nixon", of course, is another movie that John Williams did the score for.

9. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Well, it's taken me weeks, but I finally got Across the Stars, from Audiogalaxy. And can I just say that I think it is one of the most beautiful pieces of film music I've heard? Right up there with The Breaking of the Fellowship from the LOTR soundtrack. The sweeping melody, with sectoins that harken back to Leia and Han's love theme is great. I love how it is much darker and grander than Leia and Han's though. Just beutiful. I'm listening to it right now, for the fifth or sixth time in a row. :D

10. Nismo1223

Nismo1223 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 31, 2002
    God damnit i read the titles for the soundtrack.. thats it im spoiled ep.2 is a waste...NOOOOOOOOOOOOO :_|

11. HenrikSolberg

HenrikSolberg Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 19, 2002
    Track 13 on the AOTC Soundtrack is awesome.... The Imperial March, in full orchestra and then it goes over to Across The Stars.... And I think the End Credits ends with a little part of the Anakins theme and in the last second I belivie I hear a little part of the Imperial March again.... Anyone else heard that...?

12. muymaul

muymaul Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 24, 1999
    Nismo1223, I know how you feel. I saw the track listings too. I look at it this way - yes, it puts the movie in order, but there is nothing there that hasn't been shown in the trailers already. Remember, putting all of the trailers together along with other clips, a person has probably seen about 10 maybe 15 minutes of a 2-2 1/2 hour movie. There is still a lot to look forward to!

13. rayrayjay

rayrayjay Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    To all those out there who don't understand the difference between being critical and bashing. I give you example A A basher who just likes to come on the boards wouldn't tell you that the AOTC soundtrack is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I am here to tell you it is. Bread has nothing on this soundtrack. I am listening to it as I write. I will lay down my jack when it comes out on CD. The score kicks ASS! Do you understand ASS, big ass ASS!

14. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Okay, so I downloaded Across The Stars. It is awesome. Is the rest of the soundtrack online (Audiogalaxy, etc.) as well? I need to look at the track listings and see what I can find.

And don't worry, I will be the first in line on April 23 to purchase my "official" copy.

15. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    About the end of track 13: I absolutely love it. The way that Anakin's Theme, AtS, and the Imperial March are all just softly woven together... as far as a musical segue between the two movies (what we know of them, anyway), it's not much short of utterly brilliant. And track 10... man, do I love track 10. :) The Binary Sunset theme rushing into Duel of the Fates, and the whole overall darker mood of most of the track... I've heard this soundtrack maybe a dozen times over and certain tracks even more than that, and I can't wait to get the CD, and to see just how/where certain pieces of music are used in the movie. It's just going to make it all that much cooler.

And calm down, Nismo. :) Look at me for example-- I know some huge spoilers about the movie (believe me, those track titles are nothing compared to some of what I unfortunately know), but there's still a ton of the movie I'm utterly clueless about. All is not lost. :)

(edit: Yes, Queenie, the rest of the soundtrack is online.)

16. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Alright, I previously would not have been able to imagine being more pumped about AOTC than I was. But I am. This soundtrack is awesome! I can't wait 'til the 23rd & 5/16!!!

17. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Queenie, find a user called anh1. I think there's something good in his profile.

18. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Awesome, awesome.

Y'all rock.

19. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Like I said, I adored ATS, and I will hopefully have more of the soundtrack soon. But I don't care how much of it I have. I will be down to HMV on the 23rd with my cash in hand. I will, nay, I MUST have this soundtrack, even if it's just for ATS. I can't wait to hear track 13, which everyone is raving about here. John Williams strikes again.

20. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Today's Foxtrot is interesting...hopefully TF.N will post the news about it at some point.

http://www.ucomics.com/foxtrot/viewft.htm

21. Bubba_the_Genius

Bubba_the_Genius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2002
    Eagle:

You oughta email TF.net! I've let them know about cool webpages once or twice, and they've always been most gracious.

The most common address is starwars@theforce.net , or try the following page:

http://www.theforce.net/contact/

22. jar-jar-hata

jar-jar-hata Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2002
    hey sorry to all you pleople. i didnt see this one before i posted. why dont you just get a list of the songs than download them off winmx. thats what i did.

23. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    They're not songs. They're tracks, cues, compositions, but not songs. Sorry, that's just a particular pet peeve of mine. :)

Anyway, for anyone in Northeast U.S., 93.9 WNYC is supposed to be broadcasting the entire soundtrack momentarily.

Edit: Speeling is not my freind

24. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    Yup, it just started. So turn on your radios. NOW. :D

25. Radiohead

Radiohead Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Aaah! I'm torn! Should I be listening to this on the radio if I want to remain completely unspoiled??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.