main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC Spoiled, Not This Time...

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by neoxeon2, May 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neoxeon2

neoxeon2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2000
    well i want to create this for those who went spoiled rotten for AOTC, and would like to go spoiler free for ep3.

this will be the place for help if you feel pulled to the darkside. there will (hopefully) be people here to help you, in you time of need.

i will be the first to say i kind of regret getting spoiled. but i plan to go spoiler free for ep3.

i hope this isn't a repeat thread, if so a mod may close it or i will willingly.

2. BlackPool

BlackPool Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 29, 2000
    This is not a bad idea. I don't regret getting spoiled for ATOC, but since I think this one is going to be the best one of the prequals, I think it has the best chance of giving me awe feeling I got when seeing the OT for the first time.

3. AniaNaberrie

AniaNaberrie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2001
    I created a thread like this about 2 weeks ago, and it turned out to be redundant... :) The official thread for this is the "less intimidating welcome to the forum" thread

4. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    I regret being spoiled for Episode II. I will likely be a frequent visitor this thread. *sigh* 3 long years.

5. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    This thread describes me :)

6. Mr E

Mr E Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 1999
    I was way too spoiled when it came to TPM, and I really regretted it. I think it really struck home when the guy I saw TPM with was shocked when Darth Maul had a double-ended lightsaber. I know it's something that was in the trailers, but I realized how much I really knew about the movie.

As for AotC, I tried to stay as spoiler-free as I could, but I caved a few times (I won't mention with what so that I don't spoil the movie for those that haven't seen it).

For EpIII, I'm going to try my damned hardest to stay away from everything. This means no theforce.net boards, along with other sites. I don't want to see pictures. I don't want to download the trailers (or, at least I don't want to watch them over and over again), I don't want to read articles or watch TV spots. I want to be really surprised.

And I really hope I can do it.

7. neoxeon2

neoxeon2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2000
    i joined here 1 year after TPM, i went into TPM pretty much spoiler free, other then the trailers and commercials. but AOTC like i said before, spoiled rotten and regret it.

Spoiler Free for EP3.

8. MYMUTHAZ

MYMUTHAZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 17, 2001
    i regret being spoiled too:-(

9. MD-O

MD-O Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2000
    About a week before AOTC was released I felt myself suffering from a case of AOTC burnout and I hadn't seen the movie yet.

Also, having scenes in the trailers not even make it into the film, well that just sealed the deal for me.

I 'll do my best to avoid the TFN main page as of next week and try to remain totally unspoiled. I want to go into the next film being surprised by everything.
    Being realistic I know I may stumble across some information, but even if I cut back 50% I'll be happy.

10. The Force

The Force Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 1999
    My name is The Force, and I'm a recovering SPOILER-HOLIC.

I always considered my daily "spoiler reports" as a hobby - trying to figure out what TPM and AOTC were going to include. I realized that I have done myself a great disservice. I robbed the fun from these movies bit by bit, from the time they started production.

Like someone posted above, I was suffering burnout before the movie opened. I had read the novel, and it was enough. Sure, the effects and action are cool, but I'm not just "blown away" by AOTC. And I blame myself!

So, I've committed to only go to this spoiler free message board to get my SW fix with other like-minded fans who love to theorize and speculate with no SPY REPORTS!

11. Darth_Tyrannous

Darth_Tyrannous Jedi Master star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    Well I knew every detail about AOTC and, have decied that I will only watch the trailers for Episode III. I liked being spoiled before I saw AOTC but, when watching it with my firends who kept on leaning over telling me how "**cking awesome" the scene was I realised I missed out. This is the last Star Wars movie ever, i dont wanna know how Obi Wan and Anakin get into their duel nor how Obi Wan manages to walk away. You just know how many jaw drpoppers episode III will have and I do not want to know them until I sit down to watch the movie.

Dart_Tyrannous spoiler free till he sees episode III

12. dc1975

dc1975 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2001
    I am the same way, I knew everything about episode 2 before I even watched it. I loved the film, but I think I would have loved it a lot more if I didn't know anything about it. Can you imagine not knowing about the yoda scene!!!!! Well I am going to try and be good for the last film. That way I can be blown away by the final star wars film.

13. Padawan716

Padawan716 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 7, 2001
    I will be semi spoiled this time, because I don't know if seeing it unspoiled will make it seem any different...

but I think I'll spend more time here :D

14. 5darth2maul1

5darth2maul1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    I was also spoiled for AOTC and am not going to make the same mistake for Episode III. By the way, you could come join us in the Official Non-Spoiler Countdown to Episode III many people there have come from the AOTC spoilers board and have decided to go spoiler-free for Episode III. Only 1,094 days left, hang in there guys...

5D2M1

15. Darth_Tyrannous

Darth_Tyrannous Jedi Master star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    ^ ^
    I think you're really proud of your thread, you keep on posting the link :D. JK, good for you that you have the countdown thread.

16. The Force

The Force Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 1999
    Well, I guess that's why they call them SPOILERS! :) I'm glad so many of us have seen the light.

SPOILER-FREE til Episode III!

17. Nismo1223

Nismo1223 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 31, 2002
    Dont worry the 1st 2 years you wont even think about Star wars...than comes the last couple of months b4 the movie comes out..thats when it gets hard..so u can last 2 and a half years no doubt...but when that 1st trailer comes out is when u really get anxious...i dont find it hard at all not to read spoilers..just dont read them..dont goto SW sites..that easy.

18. dolphin

Nov 5, 1999
    Hi, my name is dolphin and I am a recovering Spoilerholic.

I really really really want to be surprised with how Anakin gets his injuries. Even if I find out somehow that Obi-Wan inflicted Ani with the injuries I don't want to know the details.

What do you all want to be surprised with?

19. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Count me in. Seriously, I was way too spoiled for AOTC. I still enjoyed the movie, but it just didn't feel right. Besides, this is the last chance to ever go see a Star Wars movie without knowing what will happen. :_|

20. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I'm in. Completely non-spoiled for me

21. Jawa70

Jawa70 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    right, i want to be spoiler-free. i'm saying that now, but when the time comes, and the informations there, i'm probably gonna cave in!

i'm a weak minded fool!

22. Darth_Potter

Darth_Potter Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2001
    I think the only REAL problem besides knowing everything that's gonna happen is knowing all the deleted scenes and they never show up. You know what wonderful things your missing.

23. Bob marley

Bob marley Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 1999
    I'm in. I was just way too spoiled for AOTC after reading every spoiler I could get . The script and then the book.

As episode III is the last one I just want to walk in that theatre 3 years from now and have no idea what I'm going to see.

24. dolphin

Nov 5, 1999
    I want to be surprised. This is the last Star Wars movie. I want to make it extra spoiler.

Spoiler Free till Episode 3

25. 1AaronBrown

1AaronBrown Jedi Youngling star 2

May 11, 2002
    I agree with everyone no spoilers!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.