AOTC Spoiled, Not This Time...

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by neoxeon2, May 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neoxeon2 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    i havne't been in here in a while im glad to see people agree w/ me. there are those who i thought would go spoiler free but have not. we know who will enjoy this more when we all see it.
  2. episodenone Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    i am joining the spoiler free ranks - now let's see how long we all last!
  3. markdil Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Spoilers are bad, mmmkay?

Seriously. I make it a point to go into everything in life spoiler-free. It completely ruins the medium of entertainment if you are spoiled. These films are designed to be watched by people who don't know the story. If you spoil yourself, you are NEVER EXPERIENCING the movie the way it was intended.
  4. Otis_Frampton LFL Artist, Moderator Emeritus

star 4
    I'll be going spoiler-free for Episode III.

I had similar experiences for Episodes I and II. I spoiled myself silly on both . . internet spoilers, novelization, Art Of book, commercials, TV specials, the works.

The result was not so much disappointment as "lack of surprise". I love both of the films dearly, but I want the last new SW film to knock my socks off.

Man, it's going to be a LONG 3 years . .

-Otis
  5. Tomcat84 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    This thread is exactly about me :)

Anyway, I'm in, nothing for Ep III. No movies noooothhhinnnngggggg....

only:

surprise.
  6. Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight

star 5
    Thank you, thank you for this thread!! :) I was pretty good, spoiler wise for aotc, but during the last month, I watched any and everything on tv. BAD IDEA!
    I didn't learn much of anything, but I felt guilty.
    I know this may not be related, but an open message to GL and Lucasfilm:
    DON'T SPOIL US! DON'T RELEASE THINGS TO THE MEDIA, NO MATTER HOW INSIGNIFICANT IT SEEMS! NO PICTURES, SOUNDS, NOTHING!!!! I know this is difficult, but please don't! This is the last SW movie EVER and we deserve to watch it with naivete. SW is sacred and deserves such treatment. Don't give in to the "I-wanna-know-NOW" syndrome in our society. Yeah, I'm one of those who is impatient to know, but we must resist the lure of the dark side. We may go crazy or pull our hair out from frustration, but let us suffer. Ep III is going to be painful enough as it is, and if we know anything ahead of time, then it won't be as agonizing. (On another side note- GL, make it HURT! Make it hurt so much that even the most hardened heart will be deeply affected!)
    I'm actually thinking of writing this to Lucasfilm (modified, of course). Anyone agree?
    STAY SPOILER FREE! HURRAY TO ALL WHO STAY SPOILER FREE!!!!!!!!
    Thank you for listening to my rant. *bows with relief*
  7. dolphin Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  8. Sandjo_Koharr Jedi Youngling

star 3
    count me in. Spoiler free for EP3.
  9. neoxeon2 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    in making this thread i was hoping it would get big but i didn't realize people really wanted a place like this. i'm glad i made this, like i said if people in the future feel weiry about spoilers, come here people will help you.
    May the force be with you
  10. obi-nate_kenobi Jedi Youngling

I totaly regret being spoiled for ATOC. The movie was totally awsome, but it really sucked sitting there know eveything that was going to happen, b/c I read the book. But for EPIII i am going to be spoiler free!!!
  11. JSL79 Jedi Youngling

I think that I'll be going spoiler free for Ep. 3 as well. I want to be clueless as to how exactly Anakin turns into Vader as well as how the Empire rises and the Jedi fall.

Even knowing about it, the Yoda/Dooku duel was awfully exciting. But it would've been even more thrilling if I had know idea that it would happen. Based on the other films no one would've predicted that Yoda would use a lightsaber.
  12. JediSenoj451 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I do not regret being spoiled rotten for AOTC. I still enjoyed the film. However, I will argee with the other members here who stated that the element of surprise was lost when watching the movie...

Therefore, in order to make to make the last SW film ever released as special as possible, I have decided to also go spoiler free for Ep. III. Hopefully it will improve my viewing experience in '05 and make it as wonderful as it can be.

***Senoj***
  13. neoxeon2 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    im glad people are agreeing to go spoiler free for the surprise effect of this last SW movie. this made it to the 3rd page, noone can get the help they need when it's this far back.
    up you go thread. [frace-grin]
  14. FiveHorizons Jedi Master

star 3
  15. Tedakin Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I'm definitely in on this. I knew so much about Episode 2, it had to of lessened the experience, which was still amazing, but could have been even more so. This is the last SW film ever so why not just go in fresh. I'm still going to know what the title is and watch the trailers, but that's it. No reading hidden text or spoiler boards for me.
  16. rockwilder57 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Three. Long. Years.

It will be a long, arduous journey, but...I'm in. Let us have faith! The Force will be with us. Always.
  17. Katina_Of_SWC Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Three years and no spoilers...*twitches* Oh well, it will be worth it in 2005!
  18. neoxeon2 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    i would like to welcome everyone to this support group for the Free of Spoilers people.
    i would like to go in only knowing the title, i am going to try to not even watch the trailers or commercials, unless i go to a movie and one is there, then it is a must see, but that will be hard to avoid. anyway, May the Force be with You.
  19. Derrinson Jedi Youngling

I was totally spoiled for AOTC, and I kind of regret it. But I still loved the movie. Wasn't spoiled at all for TPM(except for Qui-Gon's death and the stuff in the trailers. But nearly everyone knew about Qui-Gon). I don't think it made a difference on TPM. However, I vow to be spoiler-free till Episode III!! I'll be here a lot for support, I'm sure :D
  20. royalguard96 Jedi Knight

star 5
    The reason I decided to go spoiler free is, like others have mentioned, this is the last SW movie ever. I want to be completely emotionally impacted by this movie. I saw the looks on the faces of some of my friends at AOTC, and I was a little envious of the impact the first showing had on them. This may sound corny, but I want to have a good cry at the end of Ep3. Not just crying from the end of the saga, but from the way the storyline will move, and if I know what's going to happen ahead of time, I don't think I'll feel emotion to that depth. I cried like a baby at the end of ROJ, because I knew it was the end (at the time). Even though I was only 10 back then, I want to feel that again.
  21. Anwelei Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Wahoo! Support Group! :D

I was completely spoiled by 6 months before Ep II came out and I know it robbed me of completely enjoyment. (although it was awesome anyway!)

Spoiler Free for me!!

*bump*
  22. neoxeon2 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    i'm glad people are enjoying this announcing their spoiler free for EP3 thing. thei will come a time when we will need to help each other stay away from the callings of the dark side, we need to stay spoiler free.
    May the Force be with You.
  23. neoxeon2 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    after reading a thread on page one 1 felt this needed to go back up.
    *BUMP*
  24. Anvia_Fett Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I quite like the idea of this spoiler support group - Ive been looking for this exact thing for a while now.

It's gonna be 3 long years... *shiver* :(
  25. Blackout Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I've posted this little diatribe in ** To spoil or not to spoil... ** and am repeating it here, just to kind of introduce myself and my sad story...

Back in '99 I didn't have internet access. I'd had virtually no internet experience whatsoever. Other than word-of-mouth, the two trailers and the odd magazine article I knew nothing about TPM. Consequentally, when I saw TPM I was blown away. The film surpassed all expectations; the brief lighsaber vs droids fight at the start was fantastic for so early in the film and I was genuinely shocked to see Qui-Gon die. I knew he was going to die (soundtrack eh?) but I didn't know how. I think you can see where this is going...

I 'gained' interness access early on in 2000. Wanting to know the lot, I spoiled myself rotten! Now, let me state that I think that AOTC is absolutely fantastic but I wasn't surprised at anything, know what I mean? I loved it to bits, but after reading virtually the entire script, and seeing a million spoiler photos there was nothing really new in there, you know? Still what's done is done.

Now, I suspect I'm not alone in wondering this, but do I refrain from spoiling myself stupid for Episode III? I want to, really I do but can I last 3 years?

Personally, I don't regard anything put out by the official site as spoiler material, they're quite good like that, so trailers and web-docs will be cool. But I think I should steer away from sites like Cinescape (bless em!) and not highlight anything. If I can...

having read the thread so far, I have a feeling you guys will become my 'family' for the next three long, hard years.

Me and my 'alter egos*' will be severely regular in this thread until we move to another more 'official' one. Which, lets face it, may happen.
    For now, let's bump this thread with something positive every day we can, and try and get this thread into the 'thousand pages' bracket by 2005!

Neoxeon2, you're a dude.

* other names I post under, you have 'em as well I know it! ;)

Peace out,
    Blackout
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.